Cardcaptor DVD's OUT

You're the Cardcaptooooor!
napy666
Peon
Peon

Cardcaptor DVD's OUT

Postby napy666 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:33 pm

If you guys weren't aware the DVD set and DVD volume sets are out now! Here's the link - http://store.nisamerica.com/Anime/CARDC ... ion-Bundle

Hopefully Amazon will grab these as well. But anyway does anyone own a copy yet? I need to know if this does include the English dub or not!

Memor-X
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Cardcaptor DVD's OUT

Postby Memor-X » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:54 pm

pre-ordered mine months ago, just waiting for it to arrive, it says

Product page wrote:Bonus features: English voiceovers (monaural) & clean openings and endings

so i'd assume it's dubbed

glad it's going to be more faithful to the original Japanese version than what the previous dub was.....though still rather Li keep his hands off Sakura, "Li" get to be with "Sakura" in Tsubasa Chronicles so this time around he should leave her for Madison (i know i should use her actual name but i haven't read enough of the manga to have the dub's name replaced) and Yuuko never said Sakura's sweetheart is Li.....or a guy (for the record, totally support Clow x Yuuko)

also, why get the stanard edition, the limited edition is still in stock
Vivio: Yay, Feito-mama and Nanoha-mana made love, properly too this time
Nanoha: Vivio dear, what gives you that idea
Vivio: Aunty Hayate said you'd yell out like when i yell out replying "I'm Coming!" to you
Nanoha: Ha-ya-TEEEE!

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Cardcaptor will not be sold by Amazon, although sometimes 3rd party distributors will sell NISA products through the Amazon marketplace with a markup.

Cardcaptor will be dubbed, however its an older Animax dub of questionable quality, don't do into it expecting Funi or Bang-zoom quality.

trdaisuke
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby trdaisuke » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 am

The Animax dub is included. You can find sample clips on YouTube to judge the quality of the dub yourself by searching for "Cardcaptor Sakura Animax". In my opinion, it's not the best acting, but it is complete and uncut.

Consider giving the Japanese audio a try. When it was originally released on DVD, I watched through the entire series in Japanese and found the voice acting very expressive and engaging, even though I had to read the subtitles along with it. I believe these subtitles will be a new translation.

Return to “CARDCAPTOR SAKURA”