Love Live School Idol Project General (Aqours begins their journey)

Official Love Live! forum
NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Love Live School Idol Project General (Aqours begins their journey)

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:37 pm

I just got my copy of S1 and S2 today. Haven't started watching it since I'm still busy with Megadimension Neptunia trying to get the plat. Once I'm done with it I might get to watching the show. :)
PSN: YuriFan9999

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm generally a supporter for dubs of anime I like, so I decided to give the dub a chance, and wow I wish I hadn't. While the voices aren't necessarily bad, the script is. Whoever at NISA wrote the script needs to be fired. Even the subtitles are botched in places. Hell, the fansubs do a better job. I honestly don't understand why NISA couldn't simply use the English subtitles that come on the JP blu-rays. They're a great translation and don't use idiotic western terms or try to westernize it. "Awesomesauce" is so terrible its almost laughable. Besides the script, while I still think the dub cannot ever compare to the original, I feel the voice actresses did an adequate job for what they were given. They don't have anything to do with the script, so that's not their fault.

Really, the JP voices are what makes the characters who they are and define their personalities because the seiyuus put so much of themselves into the characters, so I feel that by watching it dubbed the viewer isn't getting the full experience or seeing the girls how they really are meant to be.

All of this has just made me come to the decision that I won't be buying any LL anime from NISA anymore when the JP versions have superior subtitles and much better limited editions.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 pm

I cringed at the "awesomesauce" as well. Found a preview video primarily to hear English Nico Nico nii, I wasn't too disappointed by that.

DuchessBianca
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby DuchessBianca » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:50 pm

The Love Live Movie Premium edition releases in June, that's fantastic news! I had assumed it wouldn't release until extremely late this year at the earliest given that S1 and S2 took over a year after the jpn release to get released in NA. After watching the import edition of the movie It was just no where near enjoyable to me compared to the S1/2 dub so can't wait to enjoy the movie so much more come June! ^_^

As for the "awesomesauce" comment I believe it was in Ep 3 of S1 but be rest assured thats the only time it's said in either season.

To those who may be on the fence on getting the S2 premium edition I suggest that you get it asap as not even 5 days after the official release date its already out of print and stock is low. https://twitter.com/aquastar831/status/ ... 9750648832

I want to congratulate NISA for having such successful releases and Love Live must be their best seller to be able to sell out so fast ^_^

Hopefully NISA announces they will license Aquors soon and given the immense seller that Love Live has been for them will give it a dub at the start, with how fantastic the LL dub imo I can't imagine enjoying more in any other way were they to license it ^_^

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:09 pm

NISA needs to answer the question that came about when the movies were airing here. Will this release include the song "As Time Goes By" that was cut from the theater release? I want to support the product, but if it's going to have cut content I can just as easily buy the Japanese BD which has subs.

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:41 pm

I just watched the first episode after I got bored of reloading Megadimension Neptunia VII to get the last Super Rare card. So far I like what I'm seeing and am glad I spent the money on it. :)
PSN: YuriFan9999

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Love Live! School Idol Project”