Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
kardonius
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby kardonius » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:58 am

Well, we don't know exactly what is being censored yet, but just like I said with Mugen Souls Z, I'll say it again here.

If you don't feel comfortable with the content, or you feel it goes against your company's moral code or policy, then please, don't bother with trying to bring it over in a censored form; at least stay true to your beliefs rather than just going for the cash.

And also as with Mugen Souls, if the censorship is at all comparable to that game's censorship, you just lost a sale.

neonie wrote:It's be great if the only thing actually altered was them making all of the girls ages 18+ in some text or something. That'd be hilarious.

I hope it is something like that, though I've got my doubts. Eroge do it all the time after all, they even poke fun at it. I'd still buy the game if it were just that.

FF9F00
Vassal
Vassal

Postby FF9F00 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:54 am

I'm fine with altering certain names, and altering certain ages if it's to cover legal issues.

But if Criminal Girls is censored to the extend that Mugen Souls (Z) was, then I will not purchase Criminal Girls.

And...

The message I interpret here is every time I buy a NISA game, it means I give them positive feedback and a profit which NISA then interpret as me being fine with censorship.

Well, this forces me to speak up. I'm here to give a not so positive feedback and a vote with my dollar.

I will cancel my Natural Doctrine+Danganronpa 2 pre-orders if Criminal Girls in censored to any significant extend. That's 3 lost sales from me.

I'm sorry that it's come to this, but this is the only way I can let NISA and Houk know that I'm serious and that I don't support their censorship philosophy.
In addition I will spread the message of censorship to the extend that I can for any of my friends who are interested in NISA games.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:14 am

*Ahem*

All right, I've sent a query to NISA about the extent of the changes in the game. I'm not sure we'll have a response until Monday or so (today being an American holiday and all), but I have asked. ^^ Until we actually know what the changes are, though, I have no opinion on them - they might be much less comprehensive than we expect.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I sent Houk a message, so hopefully you guys will get some sort of meaningful response to the edits in this thread. In the meantime, please keep the discussion and comments civil and respect the views of your fellow users.

kudo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kudo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Like FF9F00, I'm fine with changes to names and ages, but after Mugen I really don't think that's where it's going to end like you said.
I want my rub-rub gameplay intact with no censor added.

From what I have looked the Japanese in the original game doesn't seem to be too hard so I will probably just end up importing it from Japan, or hope for that NISA comes to their senses.
After Mugen I know can't pre-order this before we know the real extent of changes, and this was really a game I wanted Limited edition for (and my friends too), so it'll be sad if they won't give us more information and only when it's released we learn that half of the content is removed.

All I can do is continue my studies, hope for the best and let other people know.
This shouldn't be condoned as censorship is an issue which will only grow if it spreads.
Thanks for reading.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 pm

kudo wrote:Like FF9F00, I'm fine with changes to names and ages, but after Mugen I really don't think that's where it's going to end like you said.
I want my rub-rub gameplay intact with no censor added.

From what I have looked the Japanese in the original game doesn't seem to be too hard so I will probably just end up importing it from Japan, or hope for that NISA comes to their senses.
After Mugen I know can't pre-order this before we know the real extent of changes, and this was really a game I wanted Limited edition for (and my friends too), so it'll be sad if they won't give us more information and only when it's released we learn that half of the content is removed.

All I can do is continue my studies, hope for the best and let other people know.
This shouldn't be condoned as censorship is an issue which will only grow if it spreads.
Thanks for reading.

Criminal Girls actually has a 41% platinum rate I believe it was on psntrophies. So I'd imagine it's very easy to platinum.

artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal

Postby artemusclyde » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Not going to buy this game either if any content is removed. Awful practice and honestly makes me question the logic behind this decision, I mean who the heck do they think are buying these games? I'm fine with them changing names and ages, but taking out parts of the game cause of moral values is infuriating. Why even bring the game stateside if your going to hack it to death?

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:17 pm

It's certainly interesting. In a time when XSEED are managing to get Senran Kagura out completely uncensored, IFI & NISA are failing at getting Monpiece/Criminal Girls out uncensored.

Speaking personally:

I'm the kind of person who would normally consider something like Criminal Girls (JRPG on Vita) but I'm completely put off by the level of fanservice in this game. I can tolerate it in other stuff - I like the Neptunia series; I didn't mind the stuff in Demon Gaze etc. But this was too much for me and it has put me off the game.

Removing the minigame would not change my mind on this. Not least because from what I've read, it's such a big part of the game as a whole that you'd be left with a shell of probably-not-very-good-JRPG otherwise.

So, if they're trying to appeal to a buyer like me - someone who wasn't interested in the game because of the fanservice but would normally buy this type of game - then it really isn't going to work. The game is off my radar now, in general.

(And just for comparison, Mugen Souls is a game I'm still considering buying one day, because I don't think the minigame was that central to the title. Underneath it still looks like a decent JRPG, to me at least, whereas this does not).

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:35 pm

It's certainly interesting. In a time when XSEED are managing to get Senran Kagura out completely uncensored, IFI & NISA are failing at getting Monpiece/Criminal Girls out uncensored.

Considering there is some genuine differences in content, I honestly don't see the need to keep bringing this comparison up.

I'd be willing to be good money that if the SK girls all looked "younger" it wouldn't even be getting localized. It probably wouldn't exist either, but still.

At least if/when Nep U comes over it can pull a spinoff card or something.

Ondin
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Ondin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Kresnik wrote:It's certainly interesting. In a time when XSEED are managing to get Senran Kagura out completely uncensored, IFI & NISA are failing at getting Monpiece/Criminal Girls out uncensored.

Xseed hid the ages of the characters, but that's it.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Which does give some credibility to the age thing.

Tohka
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Tohka » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:22 pm

The age censorship in Senran was the decision of some company head, not the ESRB. It was unnecessary and stupid, but is far less of an issue than the crap NISA is pulling.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Tohka wrote:The age censorship in Senran was the decision of some company head, not the ESRB. It was unnecessary and stupid, but is far less of an issue than the crap NISA is pulling.

Doesn't matter - the fact is that someone, somewhere made it so that it couldn't be released without that happening.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Seventh wrote:
Tohka wrote:The age censorship in Senran was the decision of some company head, not the ESRB. It was unnecessary and stupid, but is far less of an issue than the crap NISA is pulling.

Doesn't matter - the fact is that someone, somewhere made it so that it couldn't be released without that happening.

Nope. "Wanted" it to be released that way. Couldn't implies there is no way the game could have released without it, if it was just some higher up at a company making a moral call, that's about as far from "couldn't" as humanly possible.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:01 pm

neonie wrote:
Seventh wrote:

Nope. "Wanted" it to be released that way. Couldn't implies there is no way the game could have released without it, if it was just some higher up at a company making a moral call, that's about as far from "couldn't" as humanly possible.

No, couldn't. Unless there's some version of the game out there in English with the ages still?

It if it was because of someone's want, the end result was that it couldn't be released without that change - otherwise it would have been.

Return to “Criminal Girls”