Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
BunnyState
Peon
Peon

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby BunnyState » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:20 am

So, how feasible would it be to do this with the North American release?

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/08/ev ... n-version/

“The Evil Within will have two types of CERO D and CERO Z, with both of them having passed the CERO inspections, but the retail version will only be done using the CERO D version,” explains Takahashi. “Those who preorder the game can also get the CERO Z version’s representation through the Gore Mode DLC.”

Censor the game to make it a T rating, but have a code in the case that allows you to download the M rated version ?

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:38 am

BunnyState wrote:So, how feasible would it be to do this with the North American release?

“The Evil Within will have two types of CERO D and CERO Z, with both of them having passed the CERO inspections, but the retail version will only be done using the CERO D version,” explains Takahashi. “Those who preorder the game can also get the CERO Z version’s representation through the Gore Mode DLC.”

Censor the game to make it a T rating, but have a code in the case that allows you to download the M rated version ?

NISA can't be arsed to please their customers. That's why. And if you have a problem with it you have no business posting on these forums, even if you purchase tons of their games.

The moe voices during the punishment game was one of the main reasons I wanted this game.

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:16 am

Do you ever sleep, Pancake? I was gone for 8 hours and you've been at it while I was sleeping.

Anyways, I'm siding with Zeke on the statement that everything has already been said. If people got issues, they should just contact the ESRB boards and tell them about this issue.

Asianwarwallabe
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Asianwarwallabe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:04 am

In light of the precise censorship news, I have to say it's a damn shame these games are so niche. Used game retailers will never put them in the $5 and under garbage bin of games, so I'll never be able to buy it for its appropriate price.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:10 am

BunnyState wrote:So, how feasible would it be to do this with the North American release?

This is doable for a large company with tons of time and hands available to put in the work for that. NISA isnt one of those companies. I work in business so here are the problems with this for a small team. This is essentially two games at that point. It means two code branches that need to be developed and kept separate, it then also means any QA effort doubles.

At the end of the day NISA isnt Ubisoft, they cant produce multiple different versions of games like Ubisoft did with The Stick of Truth. It wouldnt be cost or time effective for them or us.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:45 am

I don't think anyone answered this post, so...

artemusclyde wrote:
Criminaljesus wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZCofYgn1Y

Lol'd hard on that vid. Was that an actual NIS video? How'd you even find that lol?

Yes, that's an actual thing. It's a series of recorded clips from their Neptunia Victory livestream last year prior to the game's release. I was watching it live. Well, sort of. I was listening to it because I didn't want to spoil myself on the game but I wanted to hear what they had to say.

Zantagor wrote:Again, last time I checked, Senran Kagura didn't involve barely "naked" girls that looked below 18 being "punished" for crimes....

Correct. It actually involved entirely naked girls that were underage that you can molest with the touchscreen. Very important distinction.

Let's not trivialize the content here. Context is important for this discussion.

Men of Pause wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Funny how everyone against the changes are newbs who registered accounts just to whine about it and everyone defending NISA has been here forever.

Yes, because loyalty should be measured by the amount of time you've been at the forums, not for how long you've been supporting NISA products.

To be fair, it's probably safe to assume that the people who want to be an active part of your company's fan community are probably going to be your biggest supporters, or at least representative of them.

That said, there are plenty of long-time people here that aren't buying the game as far as I've seen, so the statement wasn't really accurate in the first place.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:21 am

Can't you only see the SK girls fully naked on battle (when you can't touch them) though?

I think, worse than the cliche poking you can do in the dressing room, is what happens when more imaginative people started using scrolls and the like for less than noble purposes.

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:21 am

ZekeFreek wrote:Funny how everyone against the changes are newbs who registered accounts just to whine about it and everyone defending NISA has been here forever.

Funny how in over two years, you still have a habit of just showing up to post an obviously inaccurate and inflammatory comment. ;)

Not everyone who is against the changes is a new user, most of the older users who are with them have just moved on and are waiting for more information and/or visuals. The veterans have been through this all before and don't have as much angst to get out, especially since we know NISA well enough to know that this "fight" is already over and NISA isn't going to change their plans for the edits to this title. So just reading and waiting at the moment, and hoping that the comparison between the MS edits and CG edits is showing a positive trend.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

Kaiba
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Kaiba » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:27 am

DuchessBianca wrote:I'm not a big forum user but it seems this thread unfortunately has a lot of people making new account just to say very nasty things :(

Some people feel strongly over this. I can't speak for everyone but when you look forward to a release and find out it's being gutted, you'll want to say something about it.

Kaiba
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Kaiba » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:38 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
Funny how everyone against the changes are newbs who registered accounts just to whine about it and everyone defending NISA has been here forever.

People feel strongly over this issue, no one likes when something they wanted gets butchered. What did you honestly expect?

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 am

I was awake at 1:00 AM this morning seeing how this post would go, I fall asleep and it goes from page 18 where I posted to 44!? dang it I was interested in this topic, curse you different time zones!! :lol:

But back on topic I suppose, I really dont get the problem in a lot of ways, I mean they complain about the dirty side of things and ok there are some characters who look/are underaged in games but we live in such a pervy, dirty minded society in this day and age (especially in the UK dood) that this whole cencorship thing seems redundant, especially when they could have the un-edited versions with a code maybe or a different disc for the older and younger people who want to play these games, I mean a lot of the time we end up paying more than your average hi-rez PS3/360 game which are typically £40 over here in the UK if not less and yet getting mugen souls z for anything less than £45 was impossible and yet I'm not getting the full content of the game, it's missing a mini-game from it and certain other content I believe also, me personally, I dont mind the cut content too bad (at least not enough to stop me buying the game) but the prices for an "in-complete" game that are likely to go up in price with time rather than down due to it's rarity seems a bit harsh without at least giving us the option for the un-cut version when we are spending hard earned cash for it dood.
They didn't make me a prinny for my explosive personality dood's -_-

korat
Peon
Peon

Postby korat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 am

censored second hand it is then

gabelman
Peon
Peon

Postby gabelman » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:39 am

The japanese version had a pre-order DLC. (Eye Masks for the punishment scenes)
I am at work right now. Maybe I upload some images when I get home.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:59 am

As is typical of me, I got to the discussion late. Though you know, maybe that's for the best.

Just one thing directed to anti-censorship people who are canceling their NISA preorders, though; if Hotaru No Nikki isn't a colossal success because you guys aren't buying it because of an completely unrelated game about punishing dead lolis, I'm going to go to your houses and "censor" everything you own with a wood chipper.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:01 am

Steilon wrote:But back on topic I suppose, I really dont get the problem in a lot of ways, I mean they complain about the dirty side of things and ok there are some characters who look/are underaged in games but we live in such a pervy, dirty minded society in this day and age (especially in the UK dood) that this whole cencorship thing seems redundant.

Humans are hypocrites for the most part. We get offended,and say no to certain content while turning a blind eye to content that is on par,or even worse than the content that we have a issue with.

Return to “Criminal Girls”