Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:47 am

A bit more direct than I put it. :P
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:54 am

Rednal wrote:In my experience, NISA's happy to hear different points of view - the problems only arise when comments are insulting, derogatory, and generally contribute nothing except hate and negativity to the discussion. It is possible to oppose an action without descending into hate speech or personal attacks.

That's actually one of the problems I have with most debates that get a little too heated.

Insults have no place in a discussion. Your points should be able to stand on their own. Adding insults and what not on top of that does nothing but detract from them. I find this kind of sad since some of the points I've seen are legit, but they get lost in everything else.

And this goes to both sides of the discussion actually.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 am

Insults and the like just invalidate any sort of argument you're making, and bring it closer to a pointless shouting match.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

1MegaMan10 wrote:@Alistair

there is no point in boycotting, since if NISA in the future makes more money, they could afford multiple versions and if you feel PEGI is more lenient to this material, you would get an uncensored version of a future game. Invest in the FUTURE!!! :D

Don't take this the wrong way,but I think you're giving him,and anyone else a bit of false hope here. Realistically speaking games like CG would need to sell close to the 1 million mark on a consistent basis even before NISA considers taking the time to make multiple versions. While it's not impossible to accomplish,I just don't see it happening for theses sort of games as they are just way too niche,and not a game that the masses really want,or even like for that matter.

Mr.Mister
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Mr.Mister » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:09 am

I think sometimes it is not possible to keep to the rules.

Hate is not good that's right. But if a company makes mistakes, one is insulted as a customer. And the more error makes a company, the more one is insulted as a customer.

And NISA has lately made some errors that are inexcusable.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:19 am

Except if someone has an issue with what you are doing, aren't you more likely to brush them off if they voice their problem with insults at you than civilly stating their disagreement?

I've been taking major stock with the European store's pricing situation, which they are still silent about, but that doesn't give me license to start giving them abuse. As it just makes people stop listening.

1MegaMan10
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby 1MegaMan10 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:51 am

kanade2 wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way,but I think you're giving him,and anyone else a bit of false hope here. Realistically speaking games like CG would need to sell close to the 1 million mark on a consistent basis even before NISA considers taking the time to make multiple versions. While it's not impossible to accomplish,I just don't see it happening for theses sort of games as they are just way too niche,and not a game that the masses really want,or even like for that matter.

Oh I understand. I really don't see this happening anytime soon. I mostly meant in the future if NISA continues to grow maybe one day they'd be okay with a game not being totally profitable. At this point in time, every cent counts. For big companies though, they sometimes take risks that don't end up profitable. I don't expect NISA to always make multiple versions in the future, but maybe for that one game that needs it. I see NISA as a localization company that really listens to fans, and knows what they want/like.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm sorry I been away for a day, it alright dude I do like our BBFC & that guide was fab I posted a full up to date on niche-gamer if you hang on a sec I post the link in my edit post.

Basically if you read all that it what BBFC been saying in video games with that elements.

Lastly every post I write here is with a heavy heart when it comes to censorship. :cry:

Plus I wonder what PEGI will write about CG they write a small bit of infor what element it had in it.

If you download the PEGI app from IOS App Store. ;)

Edit Here the link: http://nichegamer.net/2014/08/niche-gam ... mment-1666

If you go down the comments you can't missed me the full guide is there. It the 2nd 1 from the top about sexual violence with pain.

But I' also said it's not set in stone & PEGI could surprise me, they did with mon-mon :lol:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Though the BBFC don't rate videogames here anymore, it's all now PEGI's job instead of being intermittently split between the two.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:40 pm

kanade2 wrote:
1MegaMan10 wrote:@Alistair

there is no point in boycotting, since if NISA in the future makes more money, they could afford multiple versions and if you feel PEGI is more lenient to this material, you would get an uncensored version of a future game. Invest in the FUTURE!!! :D

Speaking of sells & I'm going off topic if CG sells more like Mon-mon did who knows what gonna happen.

3 things will happen.

1- thegame will bomb & NISA will give up with ecchi games all together booooo.

2- the game will sell loads with censored in mind & all future censored games will be the norm.

3- the games will sell loads with uncensored intact of content every-one will be happy minus some people.

Mon-mon sold pretty well I read so expect more censored games from IFI :?

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:11 pm

NakoruruFan90 wrote:and all I'm asking for is forgiveness for my blatant actions earlier.

Don't think too much about it dude lol. People, especially on this forum, have put up with a lot worse from people, for a lot longer, and somehow manage to keep talking to those people. Hell I've gotten into quite a few heated arguments with several people here but at the end of the day I don't think anyone really takes it much to heart.

NakoruruFan90 wrote: but why is it that it's become a major issue nowadays? I just find it perplexing... :?:

Kids don't know any better. Hell without the proper information adults don't know any better. As people grow, as people learn, and as the internet has connected the community that loves video games, anime, movies and various other things, a lack of knowledge is no longer a problem

Kids will often probably be more willing to accept censorship or certain things at certain ages that they then won't accept when they are older, because they begin to define their tastes more and learn more about the media they are consuming.

I went from a kid who grew up watching Tenchi Muyou and Sailor Moon and Outlar Star, which were all dubbed and probably censored in various ways. A few years I got watched Bleached dubbed and decided to check out other anime and check out the Japanese voice work for Bleach, from there I went to Sgt. Frog and to watching WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more anime until I'm at the point I'm at today where I won't even go near dubs and watch way more niche stuff then Bleach lol. Stuff that didn't bother me then definitely bothers me now, because then I didn't know any better.

There are people who of course still enjoy dubs and don't mind censorship as much still watch stuff like Bleach and Naruto as adults even with the knowledge to make other decisions and that's fine. People should enjoy what they enjoy.

But the more and more global the community becomes and the more defined the tastes of the people who consume games and anime becomes, the less they are probably going to want it changed from it's original form, because they are consuming that stuff specifically -because- it's regional appeal that makes that stuff worth seeing. You don't need to turn a rice ball into a big mac, that sort of thing isn't acceptable at all anymore.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

NakoruruFan90
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NakoruruFan90 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:23 pm

neonie wrote:
NakoruruFan90 wrote:and all I'm asking for is forgiveness for my blatant actions earlier.

Don't think too much about it dude lol. People, especially on this forum, have put up with a lot worse from people, for a lot longer, and somehow manage to keep talking to those people. Hell I've gotten into quite a few heated arguments with several people here but at the end of the day I don't think anyone really takes it much to heart.

Thank you! :)

neonie wrote:
NakoruruFan90 wrote: but why is it that it's become a major issue nowadays? I just find it perplexing... :?:

Kids don't know any better. Hell without the proper information adults don't know any better. As people grow, as people learn, and as the internet has connected the community that loves video games, anime, movies and various other things, a lack of knowledge is no longer a problem

Kids will often probably be more willing to accept censorship or certain things at certain ages that they then won't accept when they are older, because they begin to define their tastes more and learn more about the media they are consuming.

I went from a kid who grew up watching Tenchi Muyou and Sailor Moon and Outlar Star, which were all dubbed and probably censored in various ways. A few years I got watched Bleached dubbed and decided to check out other anime and check out the Japanese voice work for Bleach, from there I went to Sgt. Frog and to watching WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more anime until I'm at the point I'm at today where I won't even go near dubs and watch way more niche stuff then Bleach lol. Stuff that didn't bother me then definitely bothers me now, because then I didn't know any better.

There are people who of course still enjoy dubs and don't mind censorship as much still watch stuff like Bleach and Naruto as adults even with the knowledge to make other decisions and that's fine. People should enjoy what they enjoy.

But the more and more global the community becomes and the more defined the tastes of the people who consume games and anime becomes, the less they are probably going to want it changed from it's original form, because they are consuming that stuff specifically -because- it's regional appeal that makes that stuff worth seeing. You don't need to turn a rice ball into a big mac, that sort of thing isn't acceptable at all anymore.

I grew up with Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, and Outlaw Star as well! Hell, I even grew up with Dragonball Z and Speed Racer, not to mention the first anime I ever watched was My Neighbor Totoro, which was dubbed by CBS FOX at the time! LOL! Looking back at them in retrospective, the dubs were quite ridiculous but still enjoyable to watch to a certain extent. :)

I'm actually not for censorship for the most part, and you are right to a degree, in that the internet has become an all-encompassing source for information. But while the internet is a rather peculiar secular ground with a culture of its own for people to interact with, gain information, and communicate with other people, the countries we live in still have their own cultural and moral boundaries whereas the internet really does not, and the only ways to get past those boundaries would be to talk to our governments about it, which would be extremely difficult to do since they use those boundaries to have control over the people.

Mind you, I'm no conspiracy theorist and you can correct me if I'm wrong at all, but my guess is the ESRB was put into place for the US Government to get more money and power. They clearly saw how popular and how much revenue video games were starting to make in the 90s since Nintendo revived the industry in 1985. Then, games like Mortal Kombat, Night Trap, and Doom started to cause controversy with parents over their kids playing these violent games, and then the US Government finally stepped in, took advantage of the controversy, and ultimately wanted hearings over violence in video games (even though video game controversy got started with Atari's Gotcha in 1973, and Exidy's Death Race in 1976, video games weren't all that popular yet, not to mention they hit a dead stop for two full years thanks to the infamous Video Game Crash of 1983). This resulted in the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) being formed in 1994, which runs the ESRB. It's a non-profit organization, but developers and publishers still have to pay several thousands to get their games deemed legal to sell. I'm sure that other countries started to follow suit after they saw what was going on in the US just to boost their economic powers as well. I think it's outright disgusting, but that's the way the world works, I guess. I can say the same thing for the film industry though, because I've worked in it for several years as a cinema worker, from the box office to helping with the projectors.

Also, thanks for reminding me of rice balls being dubbed as donuts, neonie. It just shows how stupid 4kids dubbing was on the Pokemon anime, and I watched that as a kid too! LOL! :lol:
PSN: NakoruruFan90 / Twitter: @NakoruruFan90 / YouTube: NakoruruFan90 / Skype: nakorurufan90
Your friendly neighborhood otaku since 1991, zam!

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:05 pm

NakoruruFan90 wrote: but my guess is the ESRB was put into place for the US Government to get more money and power.

Actually it's the opposite. The ESRB was put in place specifically so the government wouldn't step in to start policing video games and have control over the messaging of that media, instead, as you said, it was formed by the Entertainment Software Association, which is or started out as the collective of game publishers and developers to self police, moderate and rate video games, labeling them appropriately specifically to, GUESS WHAT? Avoid Censorship :D. At least the censorship of violence, and even then you can go too far and get an AO (hi Manhunt). A

NakoruruFan90 wrote: I'm sure that other countries started to follow suit

Some did, especially in Europe, and wound up better off for it.

Other countries like Australia actually do have their government running their ratings board: The ACB (Australian Classification Board) and wound up in a way way waaaaaaaaaay shittier situation then countries who adopted a similar system to the ERSB that self polices it self. CERO being the leading example of following in the ESRB's footsteps and actually one of the most open boards from what I can tell (though maybe they are way stricter on violence and the issues are just swapped).

Actually, it's very likely this particular game could theoretically come out fine in the U.S. without censorship, but due to monetary and logistic reasons, it has to meet the criteria of not one, but every countries rating board it's coming out in, one of those I believe to be Australia. Meaning that the bits of this game that are being censored should theoretically meet the standards of ESRB, PEGI, and ACB at the very least, if the information given to NISA was in fact accurate.

So as much as it might not seem like it, the ESRB and their equivalents in self policing countries actually helps more games come out, especially those from other countries with culturally objectionable content the government would surly change for reasons as, like you said, control.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Mr.Mister
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Mr.Mister » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:53 pm

To NakoruruFan90

Sorry. But your behavior was more than just unacceptable.

Although you can tell it you the opinions of others to respect them 100 but let's be honest. Only the name of your video's shows that this is not so.

It was pretty obvious what you wanted to achieve with this action. To mock all namely not of your opinion.

That's why you wanted and the thread will be closed. So that no one can challenge you.

And there you are the owner of this video's you can of course also decide about which comments will be deleted and which are not.

And then you want to also apologize and pretend as if nothing had happened.

As I said. More than just unacceptable.

And along the way. I would be happy about a little more activity.

Finally, we do not want all that the game ends like "If My Heart Has Wings"
If you know what I mean.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:41 pm

^ Dude, who cares? He apologized and you're acting like he shot your dog or something.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

Return to “Criminal Girls”