Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) Limited Edition Up!

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Re: Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) Limited Edition

Postby Dorarnae » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

FiveOVER wrote:I really want that limited edition because I love artbooks, and this ones pretty thick. However, my country's dropping currency + shipping makes it too pricey to loosen my wallet. I'll just get the digital version. I'm also deliberating which to get first. Either this or demon gaze. Any input on that front is welcomed. Which story/ gameplay will be better in your opinion?

Operation abyss is closer to wizardry in term of gameplay and it's a remake of 2 game on pc. game is good, but maybe it's easier with Demon gaze if you don't mind some fan service.

Blink_Winkel
Majin
Majin

Postby Blink_Winkel » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 am

Last edited by Blink_Winkel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:07 am

Blink_Winkel wrote:
pintsizedpurple wrote:So what is going to be censored in this one?

The entire Japanese voices... >_<

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15776

That's more a technicality than actual censorship, but regardless let's keep the voice-acting discussion in the linked topic.

CrovaxPSO
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby CrovaxPSO » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:23 am

Figured I'd make an account here just to clarify some things I've seen crop up about this game. I see Dorarnae has already been posting, but in case he didn't cover this stuff, here goes. I imported the Japanese release last year and completed it (got platinum!).

First, even the original release is not fully voiced. Only significant main story moments are fully voiced, and minor story moments are usually only voiced for the first part or first sentence of a character's dialogue and the rest is silent. For minor side quest stuff, it's often not voiced at all other than maybe some quick general quips. I believe Demon Gaze was the same way but I don't remember for sure. It's a bummer that they can't include both languages, of course, but I hope only have a dub doesn't dissuade people from trying the game, especially if they liked Demon Gaze.

Second, and speaking of Demon Gaze, this game has far, far less fanservice than Demon Gaze. There is one short scene near the end of the game
Spoiler:
featuring two female characters in bikinis. They aren't posed suggestively and I don't think the dialogue is suggestive either.
Other than that, it's completely fanservice-free.

1MegaMan10
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby 1MegaMan10 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 am

CrovaxPSO wrote: Other than that, it's completely fanservice-free.

Well this is greatly distressing. :(

Oh well, still looks like a good game, just less cream filling. Still getting it.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:01 pm

1MegaMan10 wrote:
CrovaxPSO wrote: Other than that, it's completely fanservice-free.

Well this is greatly distressing. :(

Oh well, still looks like a good game, just less cream filling. Still getting it.

Aww...I'm more interested because it lacks fanservice... :?

Anyways, I hope potential consumers read this: vv

crovaxPSO wrote:First, even the original release is not fully voiced. Only significant main story moments are fully voiced, and minor story moments are usually only voiced for the first part or first sentence of a character's dialogue and the rest is silent. For minor side quest stuff, it's often not voiced at all other than maybe some quick general quips. I believe Demon Gaze was the same way but I don't remember for sure. It's a bummer that they can't include both languages, of course, but I hope only have a dub doesn't dissuade people from trying the game, especially if they liked Demon Gaze.

Thx crovax.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:11 pm

lopez wrote:Aww...I'm more interested because it lacks fanservice... :?

Same here... though I'd likely buy it anyway :P

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:23 am

If this does well, when do you guys think we'll see Operation Babel?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 am

Depends on NISA's schedule. We could get an announcement at their next conference that it'll be out later in the year, but... :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 am

Which is more likely Babel or Sword Village? :shock:

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:11 am

lopez wrote:Which is more likely Babel or Sword Village? :shock:

Probably depends on the sales of this game. If they do amazingly well, Babel and maybe Cross Blood. They already started the Xth series, so that might influence their decisions too.

But I guess it also depends on how much weight you put into the rumor regarding that guy from EXP (forget who he specifically was) supposedly really wanting NISA to localize the vita version of that game. If that is indeed true, Stranger could be more likely to get announced at Anime Expo or later on.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 am

Rednal wrote:Depends on NISA's schedule. We could get an announcement at their next conference that it'll be out later in the year, but... :lol:

Babel won't be at the next press conference. It won't be out in Japan by the time their conference is; and Abyss won't be out in the west.

lazyfan wrote:
lopez wrote:Which is more likely Babel or Sword Village? :shock:

Probably depends on the sales of this game. If they do amazingly well, Babel and maybe Cross Blood. They already started the Xth series, so that might influence their decisions too.

But I guess it also depends on how much weight you put into the rumor regarding that guy from EXP (forget who he specifically was) supposedly really wanting NISA to localize the vita version of that game. If that is indeed true, Stranger could be more likely to get announced at Anime Expo or later on.

I heard that latter bit too. Supposedly Parakeetman (from NeoGAF) talked to the CEO of Experience on twitter or something and he said that there were a few interested parties in the localization rights for Stranger of Sword City.

I don't think Cross Blood Infinity will come across. It's been too long since release and supposedly it's part of a completely different design than Abyss/Babel. Plus, it's chronologically after Babel.

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Kresnik wrote:
Rednal wrote:Depends on NISA's schedule. We could get an announcement at their next conference that it'll be out later in the year, but... :lol:

Babel won't be at the next press conference. It won't be out in Japan by the time their conference is; and Abyss won't be out in the west.

I think Rednal meant one after the February announcements. Judging from the NISA Store, this one hasn't flown off shelves, so it's too soon to pull a Danganronpa 2 here (not saying it isn't selling well, just maybe not well enough to warrant an announcement this soon).

Kresnik wrote:I don't think Cross Blood Infinity will come across. It's been too long since release and supposedly it's part of a completely different design than Abyss/Babel. Plus, it's chronologically after Babel.

I thought it was before Abyss? I'll take your word for it. Regardless, that's why I specified amazingly well... While I'd like all the games to come over, this would probably have to sell like gangbusters to warrant even considering it.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Went ahead and pre-ordered tonight with 2 $5 coupons. I loved Demon Gaze and despite the lack of the likely minimal Japanese audio track, I'm not willing to pass on a likely good dungeon crawler on account of lack of a Japanese audio track.

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:47 am

I pre-ordered the limited edition. The artbook is 124 pages!

Return to “Operation Abyss”