Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita) 2015

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:06 am

Zetsubear wrote:I wanted to hear the kids voices :(

And Komaru's VA sounds a bit...off
Could be the trailer. Could get better

Komaru's lines in the trailer were taken from different scenes at different points in the game with radically different emotional tones and intensity. It makes sense in context, trust.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
Zetsubear wrote:I wanted to hear the kids voices :(

And Komaru's VA sounds a bit...off
Could be the trailer. Could get better

Komaru's lines in the trailer were taken from different scenes at different points in the game with radically different emotional tones and intensity. It makes sense in context, trust.

That excuse is weak when you're the ones you chose those lines.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

peachalie
Vassal
Vassal

Postby peachalie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:58 pm

I thought the voices in the DR1 and 2 trailers were weak and then LOVED them in the actual game so I'm going to not prejudge this one by just the trailer because that's led me wrong before.

I do agree that Komaru's voice sounds really different at the two points in the trailer though. I'll judge more from in game stuff than this short trailer with two voice clips from what I'm assuming is both the BEGINNING and END of the game.

I wish a trailer with the kids voices was out though! That one was so short and the kids have some great voice actors!

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:38 am

I'm personally not happy about the Japanese language support being download only.

As far as I am concerned, the physical copy of the game is pointless now.

The Japanese version is 2387MB and the carts hold 4000MB, so I find it very hard to believe that both audio tracks couldn't fit the cart.

It's probably NISA worked out a deal where they only pay royalties per download to save money.

Either way, I've already imported it (back when it came out), and I know 3 people that were going to buy the US version but are now importing used Japanese copies instead because of this, so that might be something for NISA to consider next time.

Remember: this is a also HUGE issue for anyone not using a USA region PSN account, because they physically CANNOT download the files.

peachalie
Vassal
Vassal

Postby peachalie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm personally not happy about the Japanese language support being download only.

The Japanese version is 2387MB and the carts hold 4000MB, so I find it very hard to believe that both audio tracks couldn't fit the cart.

It's probably NISA worked out a deal where they only pay royalties per download to save money.

Either way, I've already imported it (back when it came out), and I know 3 people that were going to buy the US version but are now importing used Japanese copies instead because of this, so that might be something for NISA to consider next time.

Remember: this is a also HUGE issue for anyone not using a USA region PSN account, because they physically CANNOT download the files.

Well, it's only logical to assume that if someone is buying the english localization they're not using a PSvita set to a Japanese region...... :?

In other related news, I checked the website, and did anyone else notice the Warriors of hope are called Li'l Ultimates?
I think it's cute

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:27 pm

peachalie wrote:

Well, it's only logical to assume that if someone is buying the english localization they're not using a PSvita set to a Japanese region...... :?

Not really. Recall that the PS3 allowed accounts to be used freely. A good amount of people got an account that they wanted to stick to, and then the Vita came, and they were a little screwed.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:31 pm

peachalie wrote:

In other related news, I checked the website, and did anyone else notice the Warriors of hope are called Li'l Ultimates?
I think it's cute

I feel like he was more implying that in the event that they didn't release it as free dlc in europe at all like they are in NA (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/04/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls-arrives-september-1st/ look in the comments if you want proof that it'll be dlc) the people who care about having the japanese audio would be screwed.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:37 pm

アクターレ wrote:I'm personally not happy about the Japanese language support being download only.

The Japanese version is 2387MB and the carts hold 4000MB, so I find it very hard to believe that both audio tracks couldn't fit the cart. It's probably NISA worked out a deal where they only pay royalties per download to save money.

The physical copy of a game has always been about having a physical copy to display, loan to friends, resell, etc. Just because the Japanese audio isn't on the cart hardly makes it pointless. That's a huge exaggeration and overreaction.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how much space the audio takes up. You also need to take into account that it's very possible there's not actually 4000MB to work with. Kind of like how almost every other disc media doesn't actually have the advertized amount of space.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:54 pm

They later stated that was not the case, although it was what they originally thought the issue was.
Communication, eh?
Regardless, Japanese audio of any sort isn't going to happen for weird technical reasons/reasons they cannot discuss because NDAs.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Think you might have the wrong board Ringwraith. Danganronpa not being dual audio would piss a lot of people off.

peachalie
Vassal
Vassal

Postby peachalie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:43 pm

I feel like he was more implying that in the event that they didn't release it as free dlc in europe at all like they are in NA (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/04/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls-arrives-september-1st/ look in the comments if you want proof that it'll be dlc) the people who care about having the japanese audio would be screwed.

Okay that makes a lot more sense! :D
I know they screwed Europe over in the new store with the prices, so I really hope they don't do that with the DLC for the voices. I personally always play the dubs so it doesn't matter much to me but if it's free in NA it should definitely be free for Europe.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:16 am

razisgosu wrote:Think you might have the wrong board Ringwraith. Danganronpa not being dual audio would piss a lot of people off.

Obviously, although, yeah, I'm not sure what's going on anymore.
Overreactions I think.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:29 am

EDIT: Double post. Could someone please delete this?
Last edited by アクターレ on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”