Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita) 2015

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Danganronpa: Another Episode Announced For Vita(and DR3?

Postby Alice Twilight » Thu May 08, 2014 5:53 pm

What happens when this game gets localized? How are we going to try and cover up Genocider Syo?

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:What happens when this game gets localized? How are we going to try and cover up Genocider Syo?

I say we don't. Shou/Jill is one of the two playable characters in the game. You can't just pretend that part doesn't exist in your promotional material. Covering up half of the gameplay for your action game wouldn't be advertising the full product to potential buyers.

Plus, at this point in Danganronpa's lifespan in Japan, the first game has been out for 4 years. Spike Chunsoft probably doesn't give two craps about people who don't know the twist. Those buyers had plenty of time to learn it and in several ways, too. Heck, they spoiled the murderer for the first trial of the first game in the trailers, and the game hadn't even COME OUT yet. They're gonna print Toko/Shou on every advertisement for it. She'll be in the cover art I bet. Odds are, NISA would do the same approach like they've been doing with these games: the same cover art with a new logo and a trailer very similar to one of Japan's that'll be fairly true to the original (with a possible edit because they removed the first trial spoiler).

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Couldn't agree more, I know they've released Junko Enoshima figures so trying to hide certain things because of spoilers is pretty silly. Reminds me of this time on another forum someone spoiled something from FFX and people threw a fit, even though the game is over a decade old, it's like trying to hide Luke being Anakin/Vader's son.

I assume people still playing DR are smart enough to avoid this thread.

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Thu May 08, 2014 8:11 pm

I honestly don't get this idea that spoilers have some kind of statute of limitations. Just because something's been out for a certain amount of time doesn't mean that everyone that would get it has done so. I mean, I won't fault Spike Chunsoft for marketing to people who have already played the first game, or even the first two, and I agree that going to certain sources unprepared is one's own fault, but just assuming that someone should know something simply because that something has been out for a while seems unnecessarily dickish.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Whatever your stance on spoilers is, the point I was making is that Spike Chunsoft isn't going to hold back information on one of their playable characters that has already been in the trailer and screenshots. And if SC isn't going to, then NISA doesn't have to.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 pm

redsilversnake wrote:I honestly don't get this idea that spoilers have some kind of statute of limitations. Just because something's been out for a certain amount of time doesn't mean that everyone that would get it has done so. I mean, I won't fault Spike Chunsoft for marketing to people who have already played the first game, or even the first two, and I agree that going to certain sources unprepared is one's own fault, but just assuming that someone should know something simply because that something has been out for a while seems unnecessarily dickish.

Just saying, you can't keep things hidden forever, if I want to play something that's been out for a while I'll keep away from topics about it. If this game comes here we can't be hush hush about Syo or even Naegi's sister forever, unless Nisa were to re-skin the characters and give them different names so western players don't spoil DR for themselves. but that would be a bit too extreme.

Neffy L
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Neffy L » Fri May 09, 2014 12:08 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
redsilversnake wrote:I honestly don't get this idea that spoilers have some kind of statute of limitations. Just because something's been out for a certain amount of time doesn't mean that everyone that would get it has done so. I mean, I won't fault Spike Chunsoft for marketing to people who have already played the first game, or even the first two, and I agree that going to certain sources unprepared is one's own fault, but just assuming that someone should know something simply because that something has been out for a while seems unnecessarily dickish.

Just saying, you can't keep things hidden forever, if I want to play something that's been out for a while I'll keep away from topics about it. If this game comes here we can't be hush hush about Syo or even Naegi's sister forever, unless Nisa were to re-skin the characters and give them different names so western players don't spoil DR for themselves. but that would be a bit too extreme.

Heh, I thought I was safe just by browsing some DR1 videos on Youtube, since I beat the game... Then I got tons of DR2 video suggestions in my inbox at a later date. And the thumbnails of those videos, spoiled me instantly. ;-;

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Fri May 09, 2014 2:17 am

I know that feeling,

Fun Fact, before I even knew what DR was I saw an image of who lives and dies in Super Dangan Ronpa 2, this was when the game was out in Japan,I've got good photo memory so when I got into DR and I saw those characters again I had already known who goes and stays. Dangan Ronpa Trigger Happy Havoc however I got through spoiler free when I was playing the fan translation on my PSP.

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Sun May 11, 2014 7:49 am

Alice Twilight wrote:What happens when this game gets localized? How are we going to try and cover up Genocider Syo?

Considering how different she looks in DR:AE compared to the way Touko appears in DR1, I think it's entirely possible that people new to the series won't even recognize them as one and the same. I mean, her hair's no longer plaited, her clothes are torn up now, she has high, dark knee socks that she didn't have before...combine that with the red eyes, long tongue, and sharp teeth and she MIGHT appear different enough for new people to not draw the right connection. Maybe.

Akromatic
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Akromatic » Sun May 11, 2014 9:49 am

Fibble wrote:Considering how different she looks in DR:AE compared to the way Touko appears in DR1, I think it's entirely possible that people new to the series won't even recognize them as one and the same. I mean, her hair's no longer plaited, her clothes are torn up now, she has high, dark knee socks that she didn't have before...combine that with the red eyes, long tongue, and sharp teeth and she MIGHT appear different enough for new people to not draw the right connection. Maybe.

Her hair colour and bangs are the same, and she's wearing the same outfit and glasses. Despite all the differences, it isn't a stretch to say that most will figure out she's connected to Touko somehow.

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Sun May 11, 2014 11:26 am

^^^You're probably right, but still, if DR1 newbies see her in AE and recognize her, they're probably more likely to just think "Oh, something happens to Touko later on in the series that sends her nutso". They aren't going to pick up on her having DID from promotional art/screenshots, so the whole "one of us is Genocide Jack" thing in Chapter 2 could still throw some people for a loop.

It's not necessarily all bad, is what I'm saying I guess.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Fibble wrote:^^^You're probably right, but still, if DR1 newbies see her in AE and recognize her, they're probably more likely to just think "Oh, something happens to Touko later on in the series that sends her nutso".

Spoiler:
That's pretty far-fetched. If they're at that point where they've seen enough promotional content to see "Toko", I'm sure they'd at least have an idea who that really is.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 am

Definitely picking this one up :D Looks fun
Hopefully the DR2 cast appears considering
Spoiler:
They were part of the Ultimate Despair

And especially
Spoiler:
Izuru(Hajime)
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Thu May 15, 2014 2:00 am

^^^All the Ibuki love on this forum makes me happy. :D

Also, having the
Spoiler:
Ultimate Despair from SDR2
would be interesting, but I'm honestly not sure how they'd fit into the gameplay.

Spoiler:
That's pretty far-fetched. If they're at that point where they've seen enough promotional content to see "Toko", I'm sure they'd at least have an idea who that really is.

Yeah, my bad, for some reason I remembered the changes to Touko's/Jill's appearance as being more drastic than they actually are. Disregard what I say.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu May 15, 2014 9:19 am

Fibble wrote:^^^All the Ibuki love on this forum makes me happy. :D

Also, having the
Spoiler:
Ultimate Despair from SDR2
would be interesting, but I'm honestly not sure how they'd fit into the gameplay.

Spoiler:

Yeah, my bad, for some reason I remembered the changes to Touko's/Jill's appearance as being more drastic than they actually are. Disregard what I say.

I know but I just wanna see what they were like during that time :c So curious.
Maybe Komaru is assigned to secure the surviving members of the Ultimate Despair leading to the second game
Also, Ibuki is best Dangan girl <3
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”