Disgaea 5 lets you play as any character!! As anything!! Game of the year!!

Alliance of Vengeance
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Disgaea 5 lets you play as any character!! As anything!! Game of the year!!

Postby affinity7799 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:01 am

or game of the month if they are hyped for other things this year more, but really, this is exceeding expectations!! Disgaea 5 is now a must play and really it is shocking how all this time, this realization was not confirmed (or discovered) until now.

it all started in community discussions out there when someone brought up a video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycxOtYSEkK0

questioning if it's true that you can change leader in the camp field. At first, any fan that didn't know would think that is a mod/hack, but in fact, someone that played Disgaea 5 confirmed you can, and they appeared to confirm that you can play as anyone AND anything, even a lv. 1 prinny!!!! this is BEYOND EXPECTATIONS!!!!

seems like the Disgaea team listened after all, or maybe they accidentally added feature fans were seeking but not expecting them to actually do it, BUT THEY DID!!!!

well yes, I heard D2 and DD2 or whatever had those features, or some of it, but really, most people that aren't obsessed with SRPGs skipped those games and only play the main ones in the series. So this is a huge deal! especially those that came from playing Disgaea 4 (which was a letdown), and the first Disgaea.

So these features really make Disgaea 5 THE DEFINITIVE SRPG. with this feature, that makes up for no MC character creation. being able to play as any character/monster/etc. that actually unlocks the FREEDOM for players to RP as whatever they want, without being forcefed a MC in the camp. at least with leader change, players can bypass the narrative and experience the content from their own custom perspective, even from the perspective of a vassal, for example (kind of like how in Dyanast Warriors Empires, players don't have to play as the ruler, they can play as someone that is in service to the ruler, and that has its own cool style about it.) ^.^

So this marks the first main number Disgaea game that lets players be what they want. That really is beyond awesome. ^-^ It's hard to express my entire PROFOUND feelings about it in mere words. I know there is a Disgaea board, but this news deserve to be known by everyone outside of that board, and Disgaea 5 is THE GREATEST game to get this October, so the general discussion board deserves to at least know about these things. Who knows, seeing this news, people that didn't know could be enlightened and hyped at this realization!!!! *_*

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Disgaea 5 lets you play as any character!! As anything!! Game of the year!!

Postby Seventh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:08 am

You... do realize you're hyped over the equivalent of a custom cursor on what boils down to a glorified menu, right?

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:07 am

DISGAEA 5 partee!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z57Yi7c1DQM

Seventh wrote:You... do realize you're hyped over the equivalent of a custom cursor on what boils down to a glorified menu, right?

what. what kind of deadbeat would describe the free roam base gameplay to such a underrated and dumbed down version description of it???? -.-

Ha! and you claim to be a bigger Disgaea fan.

really, that's like a Fallout 4 hater saying its open world is just glorified map of polygons, and players control a floating camera. wtf. way to be a party showercloud. but I won't let your bitter perspective mess things up. :lol:

this is the greatest feature added to the series, should be standard and even though earlier Disgaea games pioneered the feature (D2/DD2), they don't have the combination of design strengths and epic scenario design AND content that Disgaea 5 has.

Well yea, first of all, this feature probably has to be unlocked using the assembly, but it probably can be done sooner rather than later. even if it were a new game + unlock or something, it's still a feature worth getting. it really makes a universe of a difference for Disgaea, it's much better than no option at all.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:15 am

Excuse my ignorance, but hasn't it always been like this? At least for some time now.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:27 am

PringlesXD wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but hasn't it always been like this? At least for some time now.

Only since DD2 as far as i'm aware. Maybe it was in the D4 Vita port, but I have no idea.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 am

I think it started with "DD2" where you could actively switch around your base character, at least for the main series. It was also in the spinoff "Makai Kingdom" which is probably the earliest game in the series to have something like that.

The PSP/Vita ports of the games kind of had something like that as well. In the extra story modes, the base character would be someone different from normal but you couldn't really actively control who it would be since it's preset.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:39 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
The PSP/Vita ports of the games kind of had something like that as well. In the extra story modes, the base character would be someone different from normal but you couldn't really actively control who it would be since it's preset.

This was the same for D4's Fuuka and Desco post game chapter, not sure if the same can be said for the others though.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:14 pm

...You know there's a Disgaea section right? :?

And I pray this thread is of the troll variety .-.
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Zetsubear wrote:And I pray this thread is of the troll variety .-.
Welcome to affinity threads. ;)

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:50 pm

there you go attacking me with the troll slander passive aggressive insulting flaming tactic, zetsubear, if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, don't post at all.

this is still the general chat forum, and Disgaea shouldn't be bottled in that closet message board all the time. Disgaea 5 is releasing in like two days and its to everyone's benefit (outside the Disgaea club) to be aware of it and some things they may not know about that might get them interested to play the newest Disgaea.

PringlesXD wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but hasn't it always been like this? At least for some time now.

it's a huge deal for people that only play the main series games (well people may argue D2 and DD2 are main series, but to the mainstream, they are spinoffs compared to Disgaea 1-5.

and it's especially a huge deal for those that played Disgaea 4 (vanilla), and haven't played one until Disgaea 5. so the feature is really new and rare since the first 3 Disgaea don't have them, and D2 and DD2 were skipped by a lot of people that aren't super hardcore fans and want new protagonists and a story/theme more like Disgaea 5's.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:33 pm

affinity7799 wrote:there you go attacking me with the troll slander passive aggressive insulting flaming tactic, zetsubear, if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, don't post at all.

How am I attacking you? How am I flaming? How the hell am I trolling?
Did I call you a stupid bitch or anything? No? Then be quiet boo boo.

How am I going to contribute to a thread where the OP is nothing but hyping, writing in stupid gibberish about a feature that was already in previous games? No one else is contributing either hun so chill.

this is still the general chat forum, and Disgaea shouldn't be bottled in that closet message board all the time. Disgaea 5 is releasing in like two days and its to everyone's benefit (outside the Disgaea club) to be aware of it and some things they may not know about that might get them interested to play the newest Disgaea.

Great logic there affinity. *slow clap*
Do you know where newcomers can find things about Disgaea? The Disgaea section
Do you know where people can get help, tips, discuss about Disgaea? The Disgaea section
That's why it's there. To make the damn forum organized.[/quote]

it's a huge deal for people that only play the main series games (well people may argue D2 and DD2 are main series, but to the mainstream, they are spinoffs compared to Disgaea 1-5.

and it's especially a huge deal for those that played Disgaea 4 (vanilla), and haven't played one until Disgaea 5. so the feature is really new and rare since the first 3 Disgaea don't have them, and D2 and DD2 were skipped by a lot of people that aren't super hardcore fans and want new protagonists and a story/theme more like Disgaea 5's.

D2 is a direct sequel to the first game so people who enjoyed the first game will more than likely play D2 :?

I like how you say Seventh isn't a Disgaea fan yet you were never big on the series at all until this minor feature was mentioned. *Slow claps*
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:43 pm

I don't recall a game where you couldn't switch the lead character on screen for jumping around/whatnot in the home base or whatever you want to call it. Though why would anyone want to be the generic looking characters over the unique looking story characters?, oh wait it is affinity after all.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:49 pm

XCronoX wrote:I don't recall a game where you couldn't switch the lead character on screen for jumping around/whatnot in the home base or whatever you want to call it. Though why would anyone want to be the generic looking characters over the unique looking story characters?, oh wait it is affinity after all.

Nah, the on screen character switching didn't pop up until D2, but even then,

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:53 pm

I could of swore about running around as Gordon & Jennifer in D1, *shrugs* not like it really matters in the end and not much of a big deal.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:58 pm

XCronoX wrote:I could of swore about running around as Gordon & Jennifer in D1, *shrugs* not like it really matters in the end and not much of a big deal.

I could be wrong, I honestly don't remember now...but yeah, not really a big deal, heh

Return to “Disgaea 5 (PS4)”