Alliance of Vengeance
LunaTuna
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Disgaea 5 (PS4 Fall 2015)

Postby LunaTuna » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:42 pm

lol at this article though
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/we ... verywhere/

"Meanwhile, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus was also released in Japan last week. However, the game only sold 74,795 copies in its first week, not 100,000 copies as producer Kenichiro Takaki suggested over Twitter."

but then you have disgaea 5 with under 25k copies :( they need to release it on another platform instead of making it exclusive to a specific console all the time x.x

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Eh, I've learned to never trust anything Ishaan has to say about anything years ago. Dude's a fanboy through and through.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:53 am

LunaTuna wrote:lol at this article though
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/we ... verywhere/

"Meanwhile, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus was also released in Japan last week. However, the game only sold 74,795 copies in its first week, not 100,000 copies as producer Kenichiro Takaki suggested over Twitter."

but then you have disgaea 5 with under 25k copies :( they need to release it on another platform instead of making it exclusive to a specific console all the time x.x

They made it exclusive to make the jump to the new generation earlier. On top of that they would have to cut the PS3 or Vita Version a lot as Sprites use quite a lot of Memory, which those just dont have. PS3 has something like 256Mb + 256Mb in comparison to the 8GB of the PS4. They said that only on the PS4 those 100 Sprites on stages are possible.
Im totally fine with that as Disgaea was the system seller for me on PS3 too.

I hope they sold a lot digital. According to the PSN Ranking Disgaea is in Second place in digital:
https://twitter.com/SonyOfLastation/status/583263054802087938
Which makes sense as Bloodborne and Disgaea are longer games that can make disk switching kinda painful.

Seventh wrote:Eh, I've learned to never trust anything Ishaan has to say about anything years ago. Dude's a fanboy through and through.

Ishaan? Who are you talking about? o:
I would have to look up the sales of Senran Kagura in Media Crate and Famitsu.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

LunaTuna
Vassal
Vassal

Postby LunaTuna » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:53 pm

They made it exclusive to make the jump to the new generation earlier. On top of that they would have to cut the PS3 or Vita Version a lot as Sprites use quite a lot of Memory, which those just dont have. PS3 has something like 256Mb + 256Mb in comparison to the 8GB of the PS4. They said that only on the PS4 those 100 Sprites on stages are possible.

I hope they sold a lot digital. According to the PSN Ranking Disgaea is in Second place in digital:
https://twitter.com/SonyOfLastation/sta ... 4802087938
Which makes sense as Bloodborne and Disgaea are longer games that can make disk switching kinda painful.

I totally understand that they wanna make the jump by adding it only on ps4, but when they announced that disgaea 5 was only gonna be on ps4, I knew that the sales were kinda not gonna go well with it since not everyone hasnt moved on with ps3s, but at least I know now that its still pretty good since they are selling well digitally so thats fine, I just wished that they made it multi platform or on pc or something as well to bump up there sales like what the creators of akiba's trip did. even if it lagged a little on ps3 I'll still totally get the game though, I'm sure if they did release it on pc there sales would skyrocket :o but I guess japan is not really into pc gaming as more of console kind of gaming :(.

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm not really surprised that it ended up selling so low. I mean it is competing against Bloodbourne, Senran Kagura, SAO, One Piece, and Tetrarythm Dragon Quest edition. That is a lot of competition, in addition to being an early settler for the PS4. The game having low sales, at least physically isn't really that surprising. Honestly though I'm not that sad about it. Disgaea 5 from what I have heard is a good game and the PS4 is going to continue to need more good game especially exclusives since those are what consoles need the most. Disgaea 5 so far seems like a case of losing a battle to win a war, so this isn't really that bad.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:10 am

LunaTuna wrote:

I totally understand that they wanna make the jump by adding it only on ps4, but when they announced that disgaea 5 was only gonna be on ps4, I knew that the sales were kinda not gonna go well with it since not everyone hasnt moved on with ps3s, but at least I know now that its still pretty good since they are selling well digitally so thats fine, I just wished that they made it multi platform or on pc or something as well to bump up there sales like what the creators of akiba's trip did. even if it lagged a little on ps3 I'll still totally get the game though, I'm sure if they did release it on pc there sales would skyrocket :o but I guess japan is not really into pc gaming as more of console kind of gaming :(.

I dont think they have PC developers at NIS, on top of that, PC gamers would pick the game apart sadly :/.
It sold poorly in retail because One Piece and Sword Art Online came out on the same day. Bloodborne got delayed into Disgaea 5 though, so that isnt really their fault as they cant go back any further in their financial year.
I believe and hope that the west will pick up the slack and buy it enough to make them some money.

By the way, if you look at the Sprites, they look even more detailed most of the time. Its just that Sprites eat up RAM a lot as you have to keep them and their animation in it most of the time I believe.

Well, Disgaea is a Niche Series and im sure the fans will buy it. Therefore its good that it sold quite "well" digitally.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:36 am

Well I know I'm going to spend $100 on this since it'll be $60 and the Season Pass is $40. I wonder who the English VA's are going to be. Bryce Papenbrook might make a good Zeroken...maybe. He kinda reminds me of Natsu from Fairy Tail so I can only picture Natsu's Japanese voice to him...and Liam O'Brien for Christo, but he already plays Master Big Star so it'd be cheating.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:30 am

Larkybroages wrote:Well I know I'm going to spend $100 on this since it'll be $60 and the Season Pass is $40. I wonder who the English VA's are going to be. Bryce Papenbrook might make a good Zeroken...maybe. He kinda reminds me of Natsu from Fairy Tail so I can only picture Natsu's Japanese voice to him...and Liam O'Brien for Christo, but he already plays Master Big Star so it'd be cheating.

I play with Japanese audio so I dont know :/. Honestly I dont care as long as it is fitting. Most English dub sucks for anime though. It just doesnt match the character and most situations.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Not really surprised at the low sales, like, we should have seen it coming a mile ago:

-PS4 Barely sells in Japan
-Released in the same week monsters like one piece,bloodborne are released

and besides, digitally doesn´t sem to have done bad at all

we have yet to see the legs this game has and it will surely sell much better in the west

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:34 pm

ivanchu77 wrote:and besides, digitally doesn´t sem to have done bad at all
I wouldn't say that.

Bloodborne beat it and Senran Kagura had really nice physical stuff going for it and Taka apparently will retweet anyone that takes a picture of their game, so there's a lot more incentive to not go digital there. It getting second in a week when there were only four real big PS4 releases and where the first and third there had great physical sales unfortunately says very little, if you ask me - especially since we know the third only got about 10K.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:32 am

Seventh wrote:
ivanchu77 wrote:and besides, digitally doesn´t sem to have done bad at all
I wouldn't say that.

Bloodborne beat it and Senran Kagura had really nice physical stuff going for it and Taka apparently will retweet anyone that takes a picture of their game, so there's a lot more incentive to not go digital there. It getting second in a week when there were only four real big PS4 releases and where the first and third there had great physical sales unfortunately says very little, if you ask me - especially since we know the third only got about 10K.

Do you have any sources for those 10k Number for number three? Otherwise nobody can really know how it did. But at least its second behind the biggest seller Bloodborne, which did 150k physical. I doubt they need something like 100k in total in the first week.

I bet it would have done better if Bloodborne hasnt been delayed into it. I find that sad and kinda scummy :/. I hope they get a spot at E3 and/or gamescom for a Trailer in the Sony conference .
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:10 am

Digital sales for both were at 10K, meaning Disgaea did not at all have a vey high number to beat.

It's not scummy. It probably would have been delayed longer if it could have been, but that was the last week they could release the game for it to count as released in that fiscal year.

1MegaMan10
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby 1MegaMan10 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:35 am

Speaking of the fiscal year, I'm really curious as to what NIS's financials will look like.

I guess we'll know if their doing aweful if their CEO disapears and the office is empty...

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:39 am

... Whoa.

That's dark considering the guy might be dead for all we know and all. :shock:

1MegaMan10
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby 1MegaMan10 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:45 am

I think it's overblown. He's probably fine, if not the stories would have mentioned police reports or family statements, not a Twitter message from Idea Factory.

Return to “Disgaea 5 (PS4)”