Mana Management

Official What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 1 and 2 Discussion Forum
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Mana Management

Postby Seventh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Hey there guys, hopefully someone can give me a hand with this. Haven't gotten these games past the first one, mostly for one reason: The mana. I just... can't seem to figure it out. For that reason, whenever I hit the "worm trio" in story mode, I get sort of demolished.

So here's my question: How does one control/manage mana so that it works for you and you can get Lilliths and Dragons outside of training and challenge modes set up to get them for you? During story, I'm lucky just to get them into my runes and skeletons.

Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Mana Management

Postby Prinnish » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 am

It's mostly luck of the draw whether the heroes decide to use their skills or not. When they use their skills/die, you'll wanna make sure it's in an enclosed space: the more blocks of dirt, the better. Now, when the Mana's abundant in an area, break the blocks in a pattern similar to the way you would spread Nutrients with a Slimemoss. Now, in my experience, Spirits will only deposit their Mana in blocks that have at least one Mana. If the path you created for the Spirit doesn't include a block with one Mana, cull one spirit to force the Mana deposition.

"Waking" the Skeleman/Rune Monster should prevent it from absorbing the Mana you're trying to gather. Just be aware that the Wookiemon will eat any spirits it can find. Side note about them: when they've eaten enough, they'll fall asleep. The trick is to have a deposit of Mana far from the main "branch" of the dungeon and keep the Wookiemon sated with Spirits. If it falls asleep, it won't venture off further in for your OTHER, more important Spirits, and it'll stay out of harm's (and heroes') way. The DEF bonus it gives to your monsters applies no matter where the Wookiemon is in the dungeon, so it's better if it's in a secluded place.

In summation: narrow spaces allow for more Mana to be deposited from hero skills/deaths. When you've got a sizable amount in a given area, make a pattern similar to how you would for a Slimemoss gathering Nutrients. If you're trying to make a dragon, you'll need a long, horizontal path so it can move and incinerate heroes. Does that help?

Oh, and fun fact: break a block with exactly 11 Nutrients and 11 Mana and...

tails_night
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Mana Management

Postby tails_night » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Essentionally what they said. you could also make a box and cull them if your impatient. I like the liliths but severely lack the patience to wait for heroes but once you have a lilly it very rewarding.

Return to “The Artist Formerly Known as Badman”