DRPG Request List

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

DRPG Request List

Postby lopez » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:58 pm

A discussion thread for all the latest DRPGs and those we'd like to see localized.
Last edited by lopez on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Re: Any other DRPG's?

Postby Dorarnae » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Labyrinth cross blood, elminage 2-3 and gothic.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Meikyuu Cross Blood is the only other DRPG that'd make sense for NISA.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Dorarnae wrote:Labyrinth cross blood, elminage 2-3 and gothic.

Yes! Do you think UFO (I think) will pick up the other Elminage games?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 am

lopez wrote:
Dorarnae wrote:Labyrinth cross blood, elminage 2-3 and gothic.

Yes! Do you think UFO (I think) will pick up the other Elminage games?

I think the first one did within margins for the company, but as far as fan support, it's their strongest game to date, you still see people asking for more Elminage games. They patched the first game, and it's getting an european release, meaning they must have bigger plans for the series.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 am

That's pretty sad if Elminage was their biggest hit (almost no one but avid DRPG and/or niche JRPG gamers knew anything about it).

How does UFO compare to a company like Gaijinworks? Is UFO smaller? Can we really request anything from them?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 pm

UFO is small, but should be bigger than Gaijinworks. This should be interesting for those that liked Elminage:

That’s not all we’ve been working on though, as we have also been hard at work on preparing the Elminage Original Limited Edition for PSP. The contents aren’t completely finalised yet, but we’re currently planning on including the following items…

- A factory sealed PSP box featuring original Japanese art inlay bearing the name: ‘Elminage Original – Limited Edition’ containing:

UMD with colour label

Black and white manual

5 collector’s colour art cards

- There will also be a bonus item in the shape of a truly stunning 92-page softback colour Art Book, featuring all monster artwork with their corresponding stats from the game

- Not only that but you will receive an official Ghostlight Certificate of Authenticity, featuring your unique production number out of 300

- “Is that all” you ask? Well no. There’s one more special gem that we’re throwing in. You will also receive a promotional download code for the PSN version of Elminage Original (PSN version) which you can share with a friend!

The physical print run will be limited to just 300 copies which will be made available exclusively through the Ghostlight Webstore to all countries in the PAL region. The game will be simultaneously released on PSN but there will be no further print runs of the Limited Edition and we have no plans for a standard edition. We’re currently expecting to release Elminage Original in mid August and the price is yet to be confirmed. Watch this space because pre-orders will be going live soon – I wonder who will get number 1 of 300?

Source: Ghostlight.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 pm

So, I can't pre-order a copy? I don't mind the potentially ludicrously high shipping cost :?

Ghostlight just publishes the games in PAL regions, right? They don't alter the in-game text at all, right?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:53 pm

They don't change a thing, it's all copy and paste.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 pm

I want that LE!!! 8-)

I wonder how the DRPG audience stands in terms of size. Could Demon Gaze possibly make NISA consider DRPG's as part of their core localization plan?

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:47 am

lopez wrote:I want that LE!!! 8-)

I wonder how the DRPG audience stands in terms of size. Could Demon Gaze possibly make NISA consider DRPG's as part of their core localization plan?

We're definatly getting a few dungeon crawler lately, but there are still many missing. Maybe the lack of good rpg lately can explain why there're more people interested in dungeon crawler?(there were a few good rpg, but many disapointment too...).

there are still some dungeon crawler like Dungeon Travelers, that we'll never see over here. (other than the artwork the game is solid and challenging and good music)

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 am

Dorarnae wrote:
lopez wrote:I want that LE!!! 8-)

We're definatly getting a few dungeon crawler lately, but there are still many missing. Maybe the lack of good rpg lately can explain why there're more people interested in dungeon crawler?(there were a few good rpg, but many disapointment too...).

there are still some dungeon crawler like Dungeon Travelers, that we'll never see over here. (other than the artwork the game is solid and challenging and good music)

Beggars can't be choosey, I guess. I think DRPG's are easier to make and quite popular in Japan, so add that with 2 fresh handhelds and we get an explosion of games :)

I don't think I've heard of Dungeon Travelers, so I'll have to look into it now :geek:

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDU9lJ2Em0
here some gameplay. I heard that ''to heart dungeon travelers'' is bad. but dungeon travelers 2 was decent.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:12 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Lyner loved Dungeon Travelers 2.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:29 pm

It's actually better than it looks like. the class & abilities are nice and the music is good.

Return to “Stranger of Sword City”