Stranger of the Village of the Sword (Vita) - DRPG by EXP

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Stranger of the Village of the Sword (Vita) - DRPG by EXP

Postby Shizuka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:58 am

PlayStation Vita players will have another dungeon RPG to look forward to, as this week’s Famitsu magazine reports that the upcoming Xbox 360 and PC game, Stranger of the Village of the Sword will also be available for PlayStation Vita.

Dungeon RPG experts Experience recently lifted the lid on Stranger of the Village of the Sword, a game that was originally titled The Stranger in Alda, when it was originally announced back in 2012. While details are scant at this point, Experience were looking for monster design artists last year.

Source: Siliconera.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Re: Stranger of the Village of the Sword (Vita) - DRPG by EX

Postby Dorarnae » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 am

awesome, I'll buy it on the vita ^_^

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 am

Experience now has four games on the Vita: Demon Gaze, Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity, Operation Tokyo Abyss and Stranger of the Village of the Sword.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:26 pm

No love for when it was a PC/360 game, huh? :P

(Though, I guess the NISA forums aren't the first place I'd expect fans of those consoles to hang out).

Looks interesting. Want to see some gameplay. The aesthetic seems far removed from the anime-esque art they had for Demon Gaze/Labyrinth/Operation Abyss.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:13 pm

would of bought the game on pc if nothing else was available. I bought their generation xth on pc and 2 other game. but my pc is getting a bit old now...

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I wish from the bottom of my heart that the relationship between NISA and Experience will last for a lot of years, and that born from that relationship, most of the Vita DRPGs will get localized.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:33 pm

I tell you what... I bloody love those screenshots. Consider my interest very much piqued in this one.

I'll have to see how Demon Gaze holds up as an actual DRPG first, but all reports seem positive. Hope Experience Inc. become another collaborative partner with NISA (though, was it Kadokawa sorting out the deal for DG with them, rather than EI? In which case, who is publishing this?)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Kresnik wrote:I tell you what... I bloody love those screenshots. Consider my interest very much piqued in this one.

I'll have to see how Demon Gaze holds up as an actual DRPG first, but all reports seem positive. Hope Experience Inc. become another collaborative partner with NISA (though, was it Kadokawa sorting out the deal for DG with them, rather than EI? In which case, who is publishing this?)

Kadokawa was the publisher in Japan and Experience was the developer. NISA must've made a deal with either one of them, or both. I think that having a previous connection directly with Experience must help with other DRPGs not published by Kadokawa.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Shizuka wrote:
Kadokawa was the publisher in Japan and Experience was the developer. NISA must've made a deal with either one of them, or both. I think that having a previous connection directly with Experience must help with other DRPGs not published by Kadokawa.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Isn't it normally the publisher who holds onto the rights for the games and so handles handing over the licence for localization?

I was trying to think of who NISA had previously dealt with, but it's nearly always been developers who publish their own titles (Compile Heart; Spike Chunsoft; Gust; even the Sony game they published was dev'd and pub'd by them).

Though, I suppose you're right. They'll establish a connection with Experience just from contacting them regarding the localized text, so hopefully that'll lead to a relationship they can foster over the coming years. Especially since EI seem committed to Vita at the moment.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Both Experience and NIS America are commited to the Vita, apparently. That can only bring joy to all of us DRPG lovers.

Carda
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Carda » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:00 pm

By accident found out about this game today. Sure I'll pickup Demon Gaze and I hope it'll sell well so NIS-A will continue bringing more EXP games to us like this title. Please continue in the Vita physical copy line.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Carda wrote:By accident found out about this game today. Sure I'll pickup Demon Gaze and I hope it'll sell well so NIS-A will continue bringing more EXP games to us like this title. Please continue in the Vita physical copy line.

There are another two Vita games developed by Experience you might be interested in: Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity and Operation Tokyo Abyss.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:19 pm

I'd love Experience to be NISA's new localization buddy :D

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:40 pm

The art on this looks freakin' sweeeet and I would love to get a crack at this (I imagine we'll have to see how Demon Gaze does first and all that).

Return to “Stranger of Sword City”