Yomawari: Night Alone Coming 2016!

Where's the dog?
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Yomawari: Night Alone Coming 2016!

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 am

I don't want to seem like someone who's just senselessly complaining since I'm genuinely excited for "Yomawari"...but something about this seems off to me.

Link to store page.
The LE is $60 while the SE is $40. Typical Vita retail prices really.
But the LE for "htoL#NiQ" was $30 with the SE was even less and these are fairly similarly sized games, small ones at that.

The higher price makes sense since the two games are getting bundled together (not to mention that heat tumbler...which I personally don't care for) but I already have the LE for "htoL#NiQ". Cool for those that haven't played or just don't own "htoL#NiQ" but, for me, I'm basically being forced to pay extra, close to double, for an extra copy of a game I already own. And there doesn't seem to be an option to separate the two.

I think I might just have to forgo the artbook and soundtrack and just get the SE. I still really want the game.

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Thu May 26, 2016 12:17 pm

The higher price makes sense since the two games are getting bundled together (not to mention that heat tumbler...which I personally don't care for) but I already have the LE for "htoL#NiQ". Cool for those that haven't played or just don't own "htoL#NiQ" but, for me, I'm basically being forced to pay extra, close to double, for an extra copy of a game I already own. And there doesn't seem to be an option to separate the two.

My thoughts exactly. I really want Yomawari, but I had bought htoL#NiQ when it came out. Paying $60 for the game, a 12-pages art-book, a CD with a few tracks, and a box is too steep for me. Even the regular edition may be too expensive given the length of the game. (Am I correct in believing Yomawari to be a short game?) I was, likewise, expecting a similar price to htoL#NiQ's editions. I will see what I'll do.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Thu May 26, 2016 1:25 pm

It's announced! If you don't want the physical, don't worry, it's being released for Steam, too!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

animeniac
Vassal
Vassal

Postby animeniac » Thu May 26, 2016 10:05 pm

NewGuy wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I really want Yomawari, but I had bought htoL#NiQ when it came out. Paying $60 for the game, a 12-pages art-book, a CD with a few tracks, and a box is too steep for me. Even the regular edition may be too expensive given the length of the game. (Am I correct in believing Yomawari to be a short game?) I was, likewise, expecting a similar price to htoL#NiQ's editions. I will see what I'll do.

I agree with both statements and I too have the LE for htoL#NiQ, if I hadn't examined the store page more closely I would have double dipped on that game. While I do love these games, I'm not quite sure how to proceed since I still want a physical copy of Yomawari, anyone have any advice? As far as the LE goes that tumbler does seem pretty cool, though I usually prefer cold drinks so I wouldn't get to enjoy the novelty of the item along with its intended purpose. :P

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Sat May 28, 2016 12:42 pm

While I do love these games, I'm not quite sure how to proceed since I still want a physical copy of Yomawari, anyone have any advice? As

It turns out that Yomawari won't be sold exclusively through NISA's store. You can pre-order it through Amazon: Their limited edition costs $50 (and does not include a tumbler), and the regular costs $40; but the former becomes $40 and the latter $32 if you are a Prime member (I am not).
What I have decided to do is purchase the regular edition––yet maybe not immediately upon release.

animeniac
Vassal
Vassal

Postby animeniac » Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm

NewGuy wrote:
It turns out that Yomawari won't be sold exclusively through NISA's store. You can pre-order it through Amazon: Their limited edition costs $50 (and does not include a tumbler), and the regular costs $40; but the former becomes $40 and the latter $32 if you are a Prime member (I am not).
What I have decided to do is purchase the regular edition––yet maybe not immediately upon release.

Nice, thanks for the info. I am a prime member so I may do just that and purchase the standard edition from Amazon. :)

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Sun May 29, 2016 8:37 am

You welcome :) .

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:52 pm

I decided that I will be getting the regular edition, after all.

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Game doesn't seem to be listed on Amazon.ca. Will that change in the future?

animeniac
Vassal
Vassal

Postby animeniac » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Thats sad to hear, hopefully that gets fixed. Unfortunately, due to finances and the fact that I already have the previous title that's bundled with Yomawari, I will most likely just be buying the digital edition of the game sometime next year. I usually prioritize limited editions over regular releases so this one will have to be but on the back burner for now, though I really do want this game just the same, it will have to wait a while longer than I previously planned.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:58 am

I was hoping to see Yomawari come over after getting the Firefly Diary LE a while back and wanting to own a physical copy of this too since you can consider me a fan of this "series", but the increased price tag for a two-game deal with a game I already own is indeed a bit unfortunate. I could get the game sometime and give the second copy of Firefly to a friend of mine, at least.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

LeDelmo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LeDelmo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:07 pm

I got mine per-ordered. I got the Limited Edition from the NIS site.

If you didn't know you, If you order the game with the Mouse pad you get a nice discount. I also have the LE of Firefly Diary which I only recently finished.

Cannot wait for this game. Hopefully this one doesn't have those little puzzles where the touch screen is needed as I only have a PSTV and some of the puzzles in Firefly nearly stopped me from being capable of finishing the game.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:32 am

LeDelmo wrote:Cannot wait for this game. Hopefully this one doesn't have those little puzzles where the touch screen is needed as I only have a PSTV and some of the puzzles in Firefly nearly stopped me from being capable of finishing the game.

The touchscreen is used for menu/map navigation, it is not required to play the game. You'll be fine!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

LeDelmo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LeDelmo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:The touchscreen is used for menu/map navigation, it is not required to play the game. You'll be fine!

Nice, Thanks!

Oct. 25 cant comes soon enough.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:45 am

Well, I finally broke down and preordered the game, though just the SE this time.

I still feel extremely mixed about the perceived situation of the bundle but I've been looking forward to "Yomawari" for too long now, back when it was first revealed for Japan, to just pass it up at this point.

That said, the lingering worry about how the release for "Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight" will be handled has left me worried. I'm expecting another bundle-exclusive release, maybe even with all three games this time.

EDIT: Noticed some broken grammer and wanted to fix it.
Last edited by shadowmaksim on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Yomawari: Night Alone”