Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:19 am

First, I want to apologize to you all for not getting the news about the delay to you sooner. I unfortunately have no further information to add to what you already know, as it is not my department. I personally apologize about the delay.

ConfiRobo wrote:https://twitter.com/CensoredGaming_/status/773382273559326720

Oh joy. Nice to see Censored Gaming is browsing the forums for more outrage bait.

lol, I love this tweet.

First off, as other users pointed out, this is not new...news. I first estimated that about half the Motivation art was modified June 1st. More than three months ago. It was "revealed" literally the same day as the announcement.

Second, you'll note that while the image is my entire post, in which I encourage people to look at all of the post-edit material to make an informed decision before you buy and also point out that no changes were made to the story and characters and finally make a point of saying that no scenes have been outright cut from the game...the tweet focuses entirely on that "half" remark. This isn't the only time that they've done this: in at least one of their videos they quote me, but never read the entirety of my post or provide any context of the discussion.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Censored Gaming
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Censored Gaming » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:05 am

We can't go into the ins and outs every time the game is mentioned. *Everything* that some of the folks here are concerned about not being mentioned have already been detailed at some point in the past. For example, in our original article perhaps or elsewhere:

http://techraptor.net/content/criminal- ... sored-west

Following this, only important information that hasn't been reported yet is mentioned, with only a bit of background info. It's just infeasible to write an ever growing essay every time the game is brought up, that's all. (How would doing that even be possible on platforms such as Twitter anyway?)

After the news reporting stage, and the game is released, that's when Censored Gaming makes an super in-depth video that then goes into every little thing all over again. For example, like with Tokyo Mirage Sessions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsjWqCHPZ0w

Zero rage bating. It's disappointing to see an employee of NIS America publicly say these type of things about us.

As for it not being news, we've failed at mentioning this so far unfortunately but better late than never. It's felt that it's important information for people to know.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:30 am

Censored Gaming wrote:Zero rage bating. It's disappointing to see an employee of NIS America publicly say these type of things about us

To be fair the only thing Prinny said is that your focus is solely on the censorship half of the comment. That's not exactly incriminating, it's true.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:34 am

Thank you for your honest response to this. I understand that in many instances, "in-depth" reporting is simply not possible and that often times an abridged discussion of sorts is necessary. I just try to provide as much information as possible, because I know that being vague only fuels doubt and misunderstanding. I am not accusing you of dishonesty at all, and I am always happy to answer any questions.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:39 am

Prinny Supervisor wrote:I am always happy to answer any questions.

Was the delay caused by factory prinnies revolting after you declared Tsukasa best girl?

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:43 am

RandomR wrote:
Prinny Supervisor wrote:I am always happy to answer any questions.

Was the delay caused by factory prinnies revolting after you declared Tsukasa best girl?

The factory prinnies get no say in such things. They work, they get their sardine, and they move on.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Censored Gaming wrote:(How would doing that even be possible on platforms such as Twitter anyway?)

Or:

[Example Tweet, in this case, would be the Tweet containing a link the original article, that outlines the specifics of the changes being made.]
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:08 pm

You could also go for a more neutral explanation, like "NIS America has offered new information about [Game]", encouraging people to read the whole content instead of focusing on only one bit.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Let's not get too far off-topic here, what's said is said. I will apologize for not curtailing the thread's direction sooner and for myself saying things that were taken as insults, as that was not my intention in the slightest. I'd like to use this thread to focus more on answering questions about the game and discussions involving those answers.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:16 pm

In that case, hmm... oh! I have a question.

Were any of the characters in the Japanese version kind of... culture-heavy? Like, were there aspects of their characters and motivations (heh) that would be very clear to a native Japanese person, but odd to people outside of Japan? Or were they all pretty neutral and easy to translate?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Censored Gaming
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Censored Gaming » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:20 pm

If you have some kind of statement you'd like to make here, and we could pass it on, then that'd be fine?

Also, we're always only an email away if there's any concerns or any other matters.

But yes, the thread is for focusing on discussing the game.

Prinny Supervisor wrote:I will apologize for not curtailing the thread's direction sooner and for myself saying things that were taken as insults, as that was not my intention in the slightest.

Understood.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Rednal wrote:Were any of the characters in the Japanese version kind of... culture-heavy? Like, were there aspects of their characters and motivations (heh) that would be very clear to a native Japanese person, but odd to people outside of Japan? Or were they all pretty neutral and easy to translate?

Unfortunately I can't answer this question in too much detail, as it gets into spoiler territory, but some of the girls' motivations and character quirks would probably be more recognizeable to people familiar with Japanese culture. But it's still accessible and sometimes even moving, even for those who might not immediately understand the tropes or references. In regards to that, though, CG2 is actually more...I guess you might say "universal" than CG.

Censored Gaming wrote:If you have some kind of statement you'd like to make here, and we could pass it on, then that'd be fine?

I'm just an editor, I don't have the authority to make "statements", as it were.

Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Well, that was an interesting exchange...sucks I missed it.

As for the game...I mean unless anyone else is familiar(I know bits and pieces...and the general outline, but lack details...limited Japanese and zero korean yet and all) with the JPN version I guess all that's left is the waiting and guessing on the fun bits...like who, for instance, Enri is what she's even the Hell Spire for, aside from messing with the warden and girls I mean. She doesn't strike me as nearly as menacing as Himekami, but....

Also, the Committee likes to spice things up with various takes on the Reformation Program so I'm curious how this one is "different" and why it went wrong -this- time.

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
Rednal wrote:Were any of the characters in the Japanese version kind of... culture-heavy? Like, were there aspects of their characters and motivations (heh) that would be very clear to a native Japanese person, but odd to people outside of Japan? Or were they all pretty neutral and easy to translate?

Unfortunately I can't answer this question in too much detail, as it gets into spoiler territory, but some of the girls' motivations and character quirks would probably be more recognizeable to people familiar with Japanese culture. But it's still accessible and sometimes even moving, even for those who might not immediately understand the tropes or references. In regards to that, though, CG2 is actually more...I guess you might say "universal" than CG.

Censored Gaming wrote:If you have some kind of statement you'd like to make here, and we could pass it on, then that'd be fine?

I'm just an editor, I don't have the authority to make "statements", as it were.

You get +5 awesome points for the Kyouko gif :D
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

QuestionZ
Peon
Peon

Postby QuestionZ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 pm

I got a question to which i cant find an answer.

Is the game PsTV compatible like the previous entry?
The best i could find was a screen of the back of the Japanese version cover and it said it was... what about over in the western world? Same thing?

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”