Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 am

Nope. I used to do interviews, though, and even published a few to places like Gematsu.

Then the guy who ran it just didn't ever respond. Like, to anything. o_O Was awkward, since I was giving him free, original content and stuff.

Nowadays I just try to do things like collect reviews from around the web and post them here around when the game is released. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 am

Rednal wrote:Nope. I used to do interviews, though, and even published a few to places like Gematsu.

Then the guy who ran it just didn't ever respond. Like, to anything. o_O Was awkward, since I was giving him free, original content and stuff.

Nowadays I just try to do things like collect reviews from around the web and post them here around when the game is released. XD

I see.
Cool, thanks for answering and keep on sharing the good stuff!

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:56 am

Censored Gaming's new video gives a full rundown of the situation so far. Great video!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:Censored Gaming's new video gives a full rundown of the situation so far. Great video!

Fess it up! You're a battlefield fan and just want CoD:IW to fail in germany don't you? That's why you posted the video!

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:25 pm

For what it's worth, I'm satisfied with the way that video went, and my opinion of that particular Channel has now gone up a bit. o wo/

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Lily's underwear wasn't removed from that motivation, that's not accurate actually, also I'm pretty sure the blog post doesn't say which rating board NISA got advice from. Quite frankly with what was left in this game it makes me wonder why the pink fog was left in the last game at all. There are plenty of crotch shots that are not censored in the game this time around, so I'm having a real hard time understanding the logic here tbh. I'm not saying anyone is lying or there is kinda conspiracy going on either, I just genuinely want to know how it is decided what is OK and what is not.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:I personally am very excited to see that all the previewers liked the localization! The censorship I really have no control over, but the dialogue is my bailiwick, so I hope that it turns out really well!

You folks did a great job on the writing <3 Sui is my favorite, but Kuroe is pretty damn amazing too!

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:08 pm

I was wondering that as well, actually what I am wondering is how "detailed" is the feedback that the ESRB provides during the informal talks, as well as how "detailed" is the information provided by NISA during those talks, looking at the "evolution" of altered minigames in their games (so to speak)it feels it's like this:

NISA: our game has/might have some of these elements *list of general stuff and nothing specific*
ESRB: we might find some those not acceptable, here's a generic list of what we might deem "too much" and it's up to you to figure out to what degree

instead of

NISA: our game has X Y Z
ESRB: you should tone down a bit Y and Z, X is not an issue

then it feels like NISA goes over stuff playing a guessing game while having some kind of broad guidelines kept general by the ESRB "just to make sure" (mind you, not for puritanical purposes or whatever, just general for the sake of not assuring anything outside of formal talks), at least that's how I feel after looking at the edits made in Mugen Souls --> Mugen Souls Z --> CG --> CG2 (which would raise the questions, why was the minigame even removed from MS if it's fine in CG for example? and one of the problem for CG is that the minigame is obligatory hence the changes, why was the optional one chopped off MS?)

Prinny Supervisor can you give any insight about this without going into NDA territory? In particular is the process similar to the first case I (badly) described or do you have more strict guidelines which tells you excatly what you have to alter? (e. g: character x, y need to show less panties, character z age should be removed, etc )

EDIT: just to clarify, I'm not attacking or accusing of lying, also those MS related questions aren't there to be answered, just to clarify my line of thinking.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm

knightnightmare wrote:Lily's underwear wasn't removed from that motivation.

That actually makes me pleased. I was disappointed that the preview showed them missing.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:53 pm

RandomR wrote:Prinny Supervisor can you give any insight about this without going into NDA territory? In particular is the process similar to the first case I (badly) described or do you have more strict guidelines which tells you excatly what you have to alter? (e. g: character x, y need to show less panties, character z age should be removed, etc )

I can't get into anything super specific, but I can rephrase some of the things that have already been said. I'll be talking about our experience with the ESRB specifically, to avoid sounding too general.

In our initial briefings with the ESRB, we both showed them gameplay from the Japanese version (and plenty of it) and explained to them the context in which these things were taking place, along with our plan for localizing the content (including things like informing them that we were keeping the terminology changes from the first game in the series, for example). We did not, say, present a list of things ("Our game has bondage and pantyshots and slime that looks suspiciously like something else") and then have the ESRB come back to us with their own list of problematic things ("We don't allow bondage and pantyshots, but save some of that slime for me"). There was more back-and-forth dialogue than that, and ultimately their feedback more or less took the form of "From what you showed us and explained to us, here are some things that we think might push your game into AO territory". It was not clinical and precise ("Here, in scene 1138A, from 0:04-0:05 you can see her panties: remove this"), nor was it overly general ("We don't like pantyshots under any circumstances"). In NISA's handling of the feedback, the most important factor to keep in mind is that receiving an AO rating would have been the worst-case scenario. The risk of that had to be taken extremely seriously, and I'll quote from the FAQ: " we cannot take that risk as a company". I hope that explanation answers your question.

razisgosu wrote:

That actually makes me pleased. I was disappointed that the preview showed them missing.

I liked the panties a lot. I fought to keep the panties wherever I could. Pantyshots are important.

...wait what were we talking about again?
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
RandomR wrote:Prinny Supervisor can you give any insight about this without going into NDA territory? In particular is the process similar to the first case I (badly) described or do you have more strict guidelines which tells you excatly what you have to alter? (e. g: character x, y need to show less panties, character z age should be removed, etc )

I can't get into anything super specific, but I can rephrase some of the things that have already been said. I'll be talking about our experience with the ESRB specifically, to avoid sounding too general.

In our initial briefings with the ESRB, we both showed them gameplay from the Japanese version (and plenty of it) and explained to them the context in which these things were taking place, along with our plan for localizing the content (including things like informing them that we were keeping the terminology changes from the first game in the series, for example). We did not, say, present a list of things ("Our game has bondage and pantyshots and slime that looks suspiciously like something else") and then have the ESRB come back to us with their own list of problematic things ("We don't allow bondage and pantyshots, but save some of that slime for me"). There was more back-and-forth dialogue than that, and ultimately their feedback more or less took the form of "From what you showed us and explained to us, here are some things that we think might push your game into AO territory". It was not clinical and precise ("Here, in scene 1138A, from 0:04-0:05 you can see her panties: remove this"), nor was it overly general ("We don't like pantyshots under any circumstances"). In NISA's handling of the feedback, the most important factor to keep in mind is that receiving an AO rating would have been the worst-case scenario. The risk of that had to be taken extremely seriously, and I'll quote from the FAQ: " we cannot take that risk as a company". I hope that explanation answers your question.

razisgosu wrote:

I liked the panties a lot. I fought to keep the panties wherever I could. Pantyshots are important.

My problem is that something was edited out in one instance, but something more revealing or along the sames lines was left in for same character in another. It makes no sense to me, but honestly the audio is a far greater loss than any of the art edits.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm

The audio loss...is definitely my biggest issue editwise tbh...I get the rationale, but it really is out of place and just semed "too cautious" given the context of the content...but to be fair, it still makes sense in an annoying linguistic broad sense of issues(company/ratings/editing concerns)...but, for the player(subjectively, where the issues kinda mean more over a change like this)...just creates awkward creepiness that reminds me of tossing the girls in soundproof rooms and "motivate" them while we have them in poses, not bound.

To me...that choice(silence) kinda comes off more perverse than the original that way...sure, a bit of a stretch and no, it's not quite that bad for everyone...just that it could be very easily read that way and doesn't evoke much in dealing with consent by removing audio...it does the opposite in some ways, or can be interpreted that way.

I kinda question our social conventions with stuff like this...but yeah...silence is ALWAYS a bad idea where it *shouldn't* be silent to begin with, at least for me.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:

Man, I have never been more tempted to replace the Houk quote in my signature, than right now.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 am

@Prinny Supervisor, thanks for the answer

Prinny Supervisor wrote:save some of that slime for me"

sure, why not here you go
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 am

Preview from Invision Community.

Doesn't really say anything new, but I figured I'd link it anyway. XD

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”