Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Maledictvm
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Maledictvm » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:13 pm

knightnightmare wrote:People seem to forget NISA published Neptunia MK2 without any edits.

I know it's been a few days, but better late than never.
NISA actually stealth-censored Nep MK2 by removing the CG of CFW Trick licking Ram and Rom. People seem to forget that fact all the time.
I was really angry when I got to that part. I had to console myself by slapping a nikubenki-style skin onto Nepgear.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Maledictvm wrote:I know it's been a few days, but better late than never.
NISA actually stealth-censored Nep MK2 by removing the CG of CFW Trick licking Ram and Rom. People seem to forget that fact all the time.
I was really angry when I got to that part. I had to console myself by slapping a nikubenki-style skin onto Nepgear.

Here's the Japanese version of "MK2": https://youtu.be/z91NC35RP2s?t=2m12s
Here's the International version of "MK2": https://youtu.be/vO45e0c5K-k?t=10m8s

That CG of Trick licking Ram and Rom didn't exist until "Re;Birth2".

Maledictvm
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Maledictvm » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:01 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:https://youtu.be/z91NC35RP2s?t=2m12s

Oh wow, I always assumed that the fade to black thing was just sloppy censorship. It felt really out of place, I wish I had known that it wasn't altered back when I played the game.
That's one thing off my NISA disappointment list right there, thanks for correcting me.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Ah the good ol rumor that NISA censored MK2, goes right up there with the rumor that they censored Disgaea 4.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:26 pm

To be fair...NISA has admitted to outright censoring only 4 games out of their dozens of localized projects.
Of those four titles...none of them include ANY of the Neptunia games pre IFI....in fact those four games were either Mugen Souls or Criminal Girls and no other series/IP they've worked on....to the best of my knowledge/recollection at least.

If Prinny Supervisor could confirm that point, that'd be great.

You can harp on them for questionable localizations where and when prudent, and should (I do)...and there are quite a few examples, Ar Tonelico 2's bug ridden, translation sloppy and disgusting handling of the western release to renaming a certain Atelier character to fit a a really, REALLY bad play on words among them, so it isn't like NISA hasn't made poor choices or done sloppy work, but thinking that they censor each and every project they do *because* of the four censored games they did do....makes no sense rationally, not without indisputable proof of intent anyway. It's pointless and baseless speculation otherwise...And leaving judgement to the court of public opinion only, is never a good idea for anyone on either side of the fence.

Running by the number of projects they handle, length in business and generally *tangible* successes with projects that ALLOW stuff like Criminal Girls to be greenlit internationally speak more in their favor...and, of late their quality in preserving the original context, writing et al, shows more than it did in the past.

Rumors are rumors and reality of circumstances/events is what's important.
But...I'm somewhat of a general skeptic so it's a case by case approach, assuming lack of a consistent trend I guess.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:28 am

Sleepyprinny99 wrote:To be fair...NISA has admitted to outright censoring only 4 games out of their dozens of localized projects.
Of those four titles...none of them include ANY of the Neptunia games pre IFI....in fact those four games were either Mugen Souls or Criminal Girls and no other series/IP they've worked on....to the best of my knowledge/recollection at least.

You can harp on them for questionable localizations where and when prudent, and should (I do)...and there are quite a few examples, Ar Tonelico 2's bug ridden, translation sloppy and disgusting handling of the western release to renaming a certain Atelier character to fit a a really, REALLY bad play on words among them, so it isn't like NISA hasn't made poor choices or done sloppy work, but thinking that they censor each and every project they do *because* of the four censored games they did do....makes no sense rationally, not without indisputable proof of intent anyway. It's pointless and baseless speculation otherwise...And leaving judgement to the court of public opinion only, is never a good idea for anyone on either side of the fence.

Running by the number of projects they handle, length in business and generally *tangible* successes with projects that ALLOW stuff like Criminal Girls to be greenlit internationally speak more in their favor...and, of late their quality in preserving the original context, writing et al, shows more than it did in the past.

But...I'm somewhat of a general skeptic so it's a case by case approach, assuming lack of a consistent trend I guess.

There was apparently some nonsense with the level creator in one of the Disgaea games. Don't know anything about it though.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:03 am

neonie wrote:
Sleepyprinny99 wrote:To be fair...NISA has admitted to outright censoring only 4 games out of their dozens of localized projects.

There was apparently some nonsense with the level creator in one of the Disgaea games. Don't know anything about it though.

The Map editor was changed so you couldn't make naughty things with it. I guess SCEA requires you to have a mod watch over things that could be made perverse. That's what I always gathered from what happened anyways.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:15 am

I assume that any chance we had for an unrated release on Steam has just been thrown out of the window thanks to company policies?

Which makes me wonder why people at NISA/NIS/whatever are willing to spend such a big amount of money to rate the game and prevent an unrated version while using the costs as an excuse not to make edits at the same time? I mean wouldn't spending money (or saving it depending on the costs) for an unrated release be better since it would make most people happy? I mean it's legal and there's no rating board in the way.

Also nobody mentioned what people fear with an unrated release?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.as ... rty+Favors

EDIT: the first one is still not rated

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx ... efly+diary

so I wonder, will it be rated as well?

EDIT 2: I was wrong about spending more money in order to rate the game as evidenced by Prinny Supervisor's post
Last edited by RandomR on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 am

It might have to do with it having been a console release in the first place, with the PC version thought up after the fact...in which case I dunno if it couldn've have been avoided considering the assets were likely gonna from the console version as well, just ported over...and seeing as it *is* policy and assuming NISA has no intention of changing it, yeah it's not happening.

I doubt whether the ratings issue over PC matters, much less factored in given that policy.
Who knows though.

If they were gonna do an unrated version, NISA would've likely have done that from the start and avoided conflicts of interest with their own policy in the first place...a good point to consider changing it in light of that possible conflict but... Again, who knows.

On the other hand, I'm not much of a PC gamer or use Steam other than for games I *can't* get otherwise.
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer consoles and portability. So I'm somewhat indifferent to the PC matter on the whole. I would likely get it for steam were it unrated but otherwise it's not that huge an issue given it isn't changing anytime some, that and I don't like using my laptop/PC for gaming that much tbh..."know thy enemy" and all that.

Sucks for the steam community though and I wish we *could* get more in the way of satisfactory answers, but yeah...not likely there either.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:20 am

Sleepyprinny99 wrote:It might have to do with it having been a console release in the first place, with the PC version thought up after the fact...in which case I dunno if it couldn've have been avoided considering the assets were likely gonna from the console version as well, just ported over...and seeing as it *is* policy and assuming NISA has no intention of changing it, yeah it's not happening.

What are you talking about? You're not forced to rate it if you decide to port over to PC.

I can understand the ESRB and stuff on consoles, it makes no sense on PC this is NISA's fault only, besides still no explanation has been provided as to "why" they feel the need for such policies, it's legal to release a game unrated, what's their fear?

EDIT: I was wrong about spending more money in order to rate the game as evidenced by Prinny Supervisor's post
Last edited by RandomR on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikuruX
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MikuruX » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 am

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/valkyrie-d ... can-heard/

So I'm just going to leave this here and wonder....was removing the audio really necessary if another company can get away with it?

I'm finding it hard to believe anything you guys say at this point with anything regarding the handling of this franchise. I'll give the benefit of the doubt with the first game, fine...chop it up to testing the waters with a new IP. But this is really making me feel you guys are being rather suspect right now. It was already suspect in my opinion by making changes prior to even getting a first review by the ESRB.

Anyway, I wanna see what response I'm going to get out of this.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:55 am

BDSM mini game with young characters. Sexual moaning was never the issue. Consent was. Pqube is just being coy using clickbait titles to trick people, such as yourself, like they have been this entire time trying to claim they're some better authority for games.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:03 am

Pqube is doing nothing, that's a ricedigital article and at best they're "having fun" reading the ESRB description of Valkyrie Drive (like, huh, other people were doing yesterday?) and made a funny article about it, which also advertises the product they're selling... that's not clickbait.

MikuruX wrote:http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/valkyrie-drive-age-rating-announced-esrb-sexual-moaning-sounds-can-heard/

So I'm just going to leave this here and wonder....was removing the audio really necessary if another company can get away with it?

I'm finding it hard to believe anything you guys say at this point with anything regarding the handling of this franchise. I'll give the benefit of the doubt with the first game, fine...chop it up to testing the waters with a new IP. But this is really making me feel you guys are being rather suspect right now. It was already suspect in my opinion by making changes prior to even getting a first review by the ESRB.

Anyway, I wanna see what response I'm going to get out of this.

The answer will be along the lines that the ESRB might have had issues with the sounds because the girls are in a BDSM situation which they're not enjoying, so they repetedly scream to stop while you're punishing them, coupled with the fact that the girls (at least some) are young looking might have been considered too much and could have warranted an AO rating, they said they tried to keep the moaning at least while removing just the girls screaming "no", but the audio files were the same and they couldn't separate, hence they removed both moaning sounds and voices.
The problem with the ESRB seemed to be "consent" and "power distance" as the game rewards you during a non optional minigame for punishing the girls against their will.

Now please if you excuse me I'll go get ready for when the police will come and bust my door open because I let my tamagotchi die in poop, I clearly committed a heinous crime against a fictional being made of pixels and deserve nothing short of the death penalty for my monstrous act.

EDIT: just to be clear the above sentence was just me kidding, hence it's obviously exaggerated.
Last edited by RandomR on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikuruX
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MikuruX » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:02 am

Wait......they still sell Tamagotchi's?

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:50 am

RandomR wrote:I assume that any chance we had for an unrated release on Steam has just been thrown out of the window thanks to company policies?

Which makes me wonder why people at NISA/NIS/whatever are willing to spend such a big amount of money to rate the game and prevent an unrated version while using the costs as an excuse not to make edits at the same time? I mean wouldn't spending money (or saving it depending on the costs) for an unrated release be better since it would make most people happy? I mean it's legal and there's no rating board in the way.

Also nobody mentioned what people fear with an unrated release?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.as ... rty+Favors

EDIT: the first one is still not rated

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx ... efly+diary

so I wonder, will it be rated as well?

They are sending those to Steam to die, Mugen Souls is a shining example. NISA should offer the community the tools to patch the games back to their original forms this would soften the blow at the very least.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”