Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

User avatar
MikuruX
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby MikuruX » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:22 pm

In all honesty, I think it would have been better to just make the English translation and apply it as a patch to the JP version (hell, HK versions of games usually get a English translation before the NA/EU regions). If people really wanted the game, they would import it.......Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is a prime example of this as people flocked to it when it was stated not coming to the west but will be translated.

If people want it uncensored but translated, give them the option. If they want the butchered version, let them have it.

I'm sorry but NA/EU laws on this is complete bullshit if you ask me. I was highly disappointed in the changes in the first game (kinda regret buying it.......since I only played 1 or 2 hrs before moving back to Senran Kagura: Estival Versus -JP ver) and I'm already seeing this might be a pass in my book.
Image
Image

User avatar
pancakelizard
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 am

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby pancakelizard » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:43 pm

MikuruX wrote:In all honesty, I think it would have been better to just make the English translation and apply it as a patch to the JP version (hell, HK versions of games usually get a English translation before the NA/EU regions). If people really wanted the game, they would import it.......Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is a prime example of this as people flocked to it when it was stated not coming to the west but will be translated.

If people want it uncensored but translated, give them the option. If they want the butchered version, let them have it.

I'm sorry but NA/EU laws on this is complete bullshit if you ask me.



It has nothing to do with laws in NA. At least not the US. There is no law saying a game must have a rating, and the content is perfectly legal in the States. Even if it got an AO rating and thus Sony wouldn't allow it on their console, this would have no bearing on the PC release.

Anyway NIS, thanks again for making me feel good about never buying any of your products again. It's a shame there are so many sheep that will just buy whatever butchered junk you put out though. I won't be buying this, but I'm sure you'll sucker in just enough mindless fans who don't care how spineless and lazy NIS/NISA is to still make it profitable.

But hey, if NIS had any sense they would cater to their fans more and at least offer us an unbutchered PC version. I guess it's too hard to spend 15 minutes to revert some code and to put some files back that were changed though, am I right? Even though the cost of porting to PC will be much more costly and time consuming.

Just look at the sales figures between Agarest 1 and Zero compared to Agarest 2 on Steam. Agarest 2 sold much much worse than the other two, and it could largely be blamed on the fact Ghostlight ripped game content and sanitized dialogue in the second. (Not to mention the most discussed threads on the Steam forums were people who were complaining they weren't buying the game because of the ripped content)

Edit: I should also add the Agarest 2 sales did recover to something respectable, but only after the game was ridiculously cheap on sale several times. Because they had given up actually getting anything close to what they wanted for a copy of it. It wasn't even 20% what Agarest 1 sold until several seriously low price sales.

Edit 2: I should also add I agree that they should have just made it an Asian English release we could just import.
Last edited by pancakelizard on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
knightnightmare
Majin
Majin
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 am
Location: In Neptune's arms.
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Can you tell us the number of images that have been edited?
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

User avatar
Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 pm
Location: Bat Country

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:04 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:Regarding potential questions about what's being changed, we're still in the process of finalizing the redrawn art assets so we can't provide much in the way of specific information.

What I can say is that the art alterations are intended to placate the concerns of ratings boards by way of addressing the following concerns they've raised:

1) The strongly implied lack of consent that is depicted in certain motivation scenes.

2) The level of detail in clothing that overly accentuates the girls' genitalia/pubic region.

Note that these are some of the concerns they raised, not all of them. However, I want to assure everyone that we are treating the quality of the finalized art very seriously. It is of utmost importance that the art meet our audience's reasonable expectations and quality standards, while also not being too salacious for the ratings boards.


Elaborate on this, because...
Image
Looks about the same, dude. Can you provide us with an example that demonstrates this more clearly?

User avatar
The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:39 pm
Location: Santa Ana
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Scumbadsoldier wrote:Can you provide us with an example that demonstrates this more clearly?


Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

User avatar
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:13 pm

pancakelizard wrote:It has nothing to do with laws in NA. At least not the US. There is no law saying a game must have a rating, and the content is perfectly legal in the States. Even if it got an AO rating and thus Sony wouldn't allow it on their console, this would have no bearing on the PC release.


Please read the FAQ.

But hey, if NIS had any sense they would cater to their fans more and at least offer us an unbutchered PC version. I guess it's too hard to spend 15 minutes to revert some code and to put some files back that were changed though, am I right? Even though the cost of porting to PC will be much more costly and time consuming.


Please read the FAQ.

Just look at the sales figures between Agarest 1 and Zero compared to Agarest 2 on Steam. Agarest 2 sold much much worse than the other two, and it could largely be blamed on the fact Ghostlight ripped game content and sanitized dialogue in the second. (Not to mention the most discussed threads on the Steam forums were people who were complaining they weren't buying the game because of the ripped content)


Please read the FAQ.

Edit 2: I should also add I agree that they should have just made it an Asian English release we could just import.


Please read the FAQ.

:)
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe
Image

User avatar
razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby razisgosu » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Scumbadsoldier wrote:
The_Dood_Abides wrote:Regarding potential questions about what's being changed, we're still in the process of finalizing the redrawn art assets so we can't provide much in the way of specific information.

What I can say is that the art alterations are intended to placate the concerns of ratings boards by way of addressing the following concerns they've raised:

1) The strongly implied lack of consent that is depicted in certain motivation scenes.

2) The level of detail in clothing that overly accentuates the girls' genitalia/pubic region.

Note that these are some of the concerns they raised, not all of them. However, I want to assure everyone that we are treating the quality of the finalized art very seriously. It is of utmost importance that the art meet our audience's reasonable expectations and quality standards, while also not being too salacious for the ratings boards.


Elaborate on this, because...
Image
Looks about the same, dude. Can you provide us with an example that demonstrates this more clearly?


Basically if there's a groove over the crotch, expect it gone or in using a more hopeful word lessened.

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Scumbadsoldier wrote:Elaborate on this, because...
Spoiler:
Image

Looks about the same, dude. Can you provide us with an example that demonstrates this more clearly?

You'd be amazed how much the inferences can be changed from simply having some bindings present.
Which is what's happening most visibly in that case.

Also for arguments saying they could release an unedited PC version, sure, but then they'd have to find a storefront to sell it from digitally; Steam won't take it, nor will most other storefronts, so that cuts down your visibility massively, and setting it up yourself is expensive and requires and entirely different infrastructure than you have. Even disregarding the extra development costs from having two separate versions of the game (that'll cost lots too, and have to convince another company to spend time on making a second version, that's not easy either).
For a niche game like this? Simply isn't practical, it'd cause a haemorrhage of funds they simply wouldn't get back, if they could even manage to arrange for people to work on it at all.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Ringwraith wrote:For a niche game like this? Simply isn't practical, it'd cause a haemorrhage of funds they simply wouldn't get back, if they could even manage to arrange for people to work on it at all.


Would you believe that in my three or so years of working in the gaming industry, this is the point that I have the most difficulty getting people to understand?
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe
Image

User avatar
pancakelizard
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 am

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby pancakelizard » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
pancakelizard wrote:It has nothing to do with laws in NA. At least not the US. There is no law saying a game must have a rating, and the content is perfectly legal in the States. Even if it got an AO rating and thus Sony wouldn't allow it on their console, this would have no bearing on the PC release.


Please read the FAQ.

But hey, if NIS had any sense they would cater to their fans more and at least offer us an unbutchered PC version. I guess it's too hard to spend 15 minutes to revert some code and to put some files back that were changed though, am I right? Even though the cost of porting to PC will be much more costly and time consuming.


Please read the FAQ.

Just look at the sales figures between Agarest 1 and Zero compared to Agarest 2 on Steam. Agarest 2 sold much much worse than the other two, and it could largely be blamed on the fact Ghostlight ripped game content and sanitized dialogue in the second. (Not to mention the most discussed threads on the Steam forums were people who were complaining they weren't buying the game because of the ripped content)


Please read the FAQ.

Edit 2: I should also add I agree that they should have just made it an Asian English release we could just import.


Please read the FAQ.

:)


Thanks, I read it. I just disagree with those policies. It was more an argument against the answers in the FAQ, especially the "reprogramming" part. Which actually is more reverting code than re-programming. Reverting some code and replacing some images is entirely negligible to the cost of porting the game to PC, also.

Oh, it's just "against company policy" to release unrated games. That's not an argument, that's just saying you don't want to do it.

If you just said "we don't want to", I'd accept that. But, "against company policy" is just a cop-out version of "we don't want to".

But hey, thanks for the useless smug response!

User avatar
knightnightmare
Majin
Majin
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 am
Location: In Neptune's arms.
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:32 pm

The only thing I don't understand is why it is against company policy to release unrated games to Steam. Others do that quite often and it seems to work well for them. Rules are rules I guess, but I think it would be a good idea to rethink that in future.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

User avatar
animeniac
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby animeniac » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:Thank you for your support! We definitely wanted to be as transparent as possible with our fans so that they know exactly what the game will contain and why.

And let's not forget guys, beside all the fanservicey stuff, it's actually a really fun dungeon-crawler RPG!


I would think the majority of fans appreciate that, regardless of it being explicitly stated or not. And of course, without the really fun dungeon-crawler RPG I wouldn't have ordered it, that's the major reason right there. :P
Image

User avatar
RandomR
Majin
Majin
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby RandomR » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Before I start yes, I made this account just to ask a question (I have no account on these forums, so this is not a throw away/burner account!)

Since you're mentioning the PC port which was announced for Criminal Girls: Invite Only, (and potentially for Criminal Girls 2: Favors Party?) I wanted to ask, what happens if someone, somewhere has a good heart and decides to create a mod by recording the Vita audio from the JP version, cutting it and then insert the audio clips to "restore" the sounds during the mini-game? Are you going to discourage such mods (i.e. the modder wouldn't be allowed to post the mod on the Steam forums without getting banned) or are you going to let them do as they please?

Thanks in advance.

Ringwraith wrote: Steam won't take it, .


Steam already has a game with sex and rated M, only thing not shown during sex is penetration, rest all shown, also yes, I read the FAQ, i'm not arguing against the M rating/AO rating here, just saying Steam has more risqué content (no the game isn't GTA V)
Last edited by RandomR on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:46 pm

pancakelizard wrote:But hey, thanks for the useless smug response!


While I will apologize for being exceptionally smug, I must point out that the reason we made an FAQ in the first place was because we knew people would have questions that deserved answering, and we did. If people want to think we're lying for some reason, or copping out despite being completely up-front and transparent, then...nothing much more we can do. You've already made your decision to hate the company, no matter what we do. You made that clear by saying you'll never buy anything from us again. Which makes it seem as if you came on here purely to spread a negative opinion about a game you aren't even going to buy.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe
Image

User avatar
knightnightmare
Majin
Majin
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 am
Location: In Neptune's arms.
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby knightnightmare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:47 pm

That's kinda changing on Steam, you have a couple of uncensored Visual Novels on there right now.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.


Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest