PLEASE uncensor the CG1 steam release

BDSMKane2
Vassal
Vassal

Re: PLEASE uncensor the CG1 steam release

Postby BDSMKane2 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am

Doesn't Steam have dating and sex sims from Japan now? Games like HuniePop?

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:19 pm

BDSMKane2 wrote:Doesn't Steam have dating and sex sims from Japan now? Games like HuniePop?

Various levels of censored ones, yes.

BDSMKane2
Vassal
Vassal

Postby BDSMKane2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:30 am

razisgosu wrote:
BDSMKane2 wrote:Doesn't Steam have dating and sex sims from Japan now? Games like HuniePop?

Censorship beyond the original release? With their laws, I would think even the JP versions would be censored. I knew they were censored, just not sure to what degree. I also thought you can easily mod them to make them uncensored on Steam without any issue?

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:09 am

Censorship as in they're all-ages versions, most of them have official patches that restore the 18+ content (free or paid, some with mosaics some without) but those can work only because Steam considers those mods, so they allow some companies to do this while for whatever reason they disallow MangaGamer from doing it.
Those few who are not all-ages have very tame sex scenes usually, and genitalia are not visible.

Anyway this is about 18+ content, Criminal Girls 2 has none of this, Steam wouldn't really prevent an unrated release in the first place, it's NISA policy that is in the way.
Last edited by RandomR on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:26 am

BDSMKane2 wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

Censorship beyond the original release? With their laws, I would think even the JP versions would be censored. I knew they were censored, just not sure to what degree. I also thought you can easily mod them to make them uncensored on Steam without any issue?

So when I say various levels of censorship, I mean the solution to the fact the Steam version is all ages varies. I consider the adult version the base, anything less is censored to varying degrees.

Examples being most things put out have 18+ patches free that fully restore adult functionality. As far as I'm concerned that's about as uncensored as you will get with an all ages Steam release. Additionally, Mangagamer has published 2 or 3 straight up eroge onto Steam uncensored. Kindred Spirits, Gahkthun, and I believe 1 more. The catch is that these eroge do not show genital penetration in the CGs, however its implied to be happening on screen. They get a free pass to remain uncensored on Steam due to that.

Then there's games that have an 18+ patch, behind a paywall. Examples being KaraKara and Corona Blossom. These are essentially uncensored, but you do have to pay extra for it, which is why they're one step less desirable than the above section.

Then you have games that do not have a solution to make the Steam version 18+. Examples of these are games where the publisher did not bring over the 18+ content such as Tomoya or Devil G String.

Additionally, I consider any game released in the west where the publishers did not go back and remove mosaics to be censored. Mosaics have no place in western releases. Examples of this would be Grisaia, Corona Blossom vol 1 (this may be fixed later), Purino Party, and more.

To me, the best solution to an uncensored release on Steam is to release the all ages version and provide a free patch to make the 18+ content and removal of mosaics available. Anything less than that and I have to think twice before supporting.

BDSMKane2
Vassal
Vassal

Postby BDSMKane2 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:25 am

Thank you for the detailed reply razisgosu, think that answers just about everything.

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:26 pm

I wonder what NISA will do if CG1 on steam doesn't turn a profit. I wonder if they will try to rescue it, or if they will just abandon it. Right now I think it will sell pretty bad seeing as it has a niche target market to begin with, and an increasing amount of people in that market is getting fed up with censorship. Then combine that with a bunch of other factors such as Steam's new releases begin over saturated, and it begin a port of an existing game which adds nothing new to entice rebuyers.

I'd rather a true uncensored game, but the minimum thing I would accept before spending money on it would be for NISA themselves to release an "unofficial" patch, like Jast has done a couple of times in the past. (As in they made the patch themselves, but released it through unofficial streams so that it wouldn't count as the company releasing it).

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:07 am

xethyrus wrote:I'd rather a true uncensored game, but the minimum thing I would accept before spending money on it would be for NISA themselves to release an "unofficial" patch, like Jast has done a couple of times in the past.

That a greyer area than releasing an unrated version, there's no way that's going to happen imho, any "unofficial" patch would come from modders.

xethyrus wrote:I wonder what NISA will do if CG1 on steam doesn't turn a profit. I wonder if they will try to rescue it, or if they will just abandon it.

It's a lose-lose situation imho, and it depends how they'll interpret the outcome...
- low sales: people were not interested so why should we spend more money for an unrated version?
- good sales: people are fine with the product so why should we spend more money for un unrated version?

that's what I am expecting

in other news the petition reached 2559 signatures so far, so it's still chugging along, maybe if it reaches a high enough number management or whoever calls the shots will notice the interest and will try an unrated release.

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:30 pm

RandomR wrote:That a greyer area than releasing an unrated version, there's no way that's going to happen imho, any "unofficial" patch would come from modders.

I realise it's unlikely... but I thought I would mention it here to plant the idea in their minds in case the situation does happen. Releasing an "unofficial" patch themselves would allow them to fix the situation without needing to go though any legal hoops and save them time and money.
Though if just a fan patch comes out I won't be buying the game, because I don't want to support a game which the company themselves don't make uncensored.

RandomR wrote:in other news the petition reached 2559 signatures so far, so it's still chugging along, maybe if it reaches a high enough number management or whoever calls the shots will notice the interest and will try an unrated release.

It was on less than 2550 when I looked a bit less than 24 hours ago, and now it's over 2600. It seems to be picking up speed for some reason. (Maybe it's because a lot of people are off work this week and spending more time online? )

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 am

xethyrus wrote:It was on less than 2550 when I looked a bit less than 24 hours ago, and now it's over 2600. It seems to be picking up speed for some reason. (Maybe it's because a lot of people are off work this week and spending more time online? )

I think it's increased awareness since the CG:IO release date is closer and maybe more people are looking at the forums and I noticed people were posting the petition there. I honestly expected it to never reach even 2k (lol), maybe even more people will sign that petition and show interest in an unrated release once the game launches.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 pm

It also helps that Censored Gaming has been picking up subscribers by the thousands. I checked a few minutes ago and it is over 2,800 signatures now.

Prinny help save CG2! Save CG1 while you're at it ._.

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:48 am

At this rate it looks like the amount of signatures is soon going to overtake the amount of sales Mugen Souls Z currently has.

Thinking about it now. If CG1 sold badly and this petition did well it would actually make more financial sense for them to try uncensoring CG1 first and see how that affects sales. (Though I doubt they will)

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”