Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Coming 2017!

Tion22
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Coming 2017!

Postby Tion22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 am

Tion22 wrote:Found this date on EB games. Is this true or is it a placeholder?

Screenshot didn't load. It was an April, 25 release date.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:56 pm

I doubt April 25th sadly.

May would be the earliest for my guess. That or July.

I will be salty as fuck if it's September

Prinny Supervisor wrote:And what a great Limited Edition set, too!

So in this thread, feel free to post your general thoughts or questions about the game! We're super excited for it!

Hopefully my Limited Edition isn't delayed by 9ish days like with my Another Episode LE :?
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Hopefully my Limited Edition isn't delayed by 9ish days like with my Another Episode LE :?

From my understanding of that incident, that was a manufacturer delay. DRV3 shouldn't have that kind of problem. Fingers crossed!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Thinking of picking it up for vita so i have a question, Can i go through the game using just the buttons, d-pad left right sticks plus left and right triggers.
Meteor Breaker!

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 am

Sumner wrote:Thinking of picking it up for vita so i have a question, Can i go through the game using just the buttons, d-pad left right sticks plus left and right triggers.

Judging from the demo, yes. I don't remember ever being required to use the touchscreen at any point.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:30 am

Tion22 wrote:Found this date on EB games. Is this true or is it a placeholder?

Well the released date has been officially revealed and it is September 26/29
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:45 am

That's right, official release date: September 26th (29th for EU)!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

arlenemusume
Peon
Peon

Postby arlenemusume » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 pm

OMG. I can't wait. I already preorder the special edition in December ahahaha. I hope we can have the Japanese audio, because honestly... I hate the English dub

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Wed May 03, 2017 11:53 am

So idk if ppl read but p5 has some translation problems http://www.personaproblems.com/

Just bring it out here hoping Dv3 & YS won't have the same issues as 5 had
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Fri May 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Overlord keroro wrote:So idk if ppl read but p5 has some translation problems http://www.personaproblems.com/

Just bring it out here hoping Dv3 & YS won't have the same issues as 5 had

DRV3 is certainly among the largest, most complex games we've ever localized. Large and complex enough that it did necessitate redistributing the work among multiple members of our localization team. While I cannot share all the details about our localization process for this title, I can share some information that will hopefully put your mind at ease:

1) By Atlus's own admission, Persona 5 had six translators and eight editors working on it. Comparatively, our team for DRV3 was made up of four translators and four editors. So not only was our team smaller than the Persona 5 team by nearly half, but we also had an even ratio of translators to editors. This made it much easier for us to maintain consistency and avoid the localization issues that somehow arose during the localization of Persona 5.

2) Our first order of business when working on DRV3 was to pair each translator with an editor. From there, rather than assigning huge swathes of text to each translator/editor pairing, we instead distributed the text by assigning specific characters to each pairing that they alone would be responsible for localizing. Finally, we made sure that all the characters were evenly distributed so that everyone worked on roughly the same number of survivors/victims, which allowed all teams to work on the story in its entirety, rather than huge chunks that are divorced from the rest of the plot. Doing this allowed us to maintain consistency of tone and voice for each character, as well as the narrative as a whole.

(In case you're wondering, the characters I was responsible for localizing were Monokuma, the Monokubs, Miu, Gonta, Angie, and K1-B0. Naming Angie's god "Atua" and changing Keebo's nameplate to "K1-B0" were localization suggestions I made that SC approved of. Also, Miu is the best girl and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.)

3) Finally, all four translator/editor teams worked in-house and maintained constant communication with each other at every step of the localization process, which greatly helped us workshop all the different scenes and interactions that the cast of DRV3 have with one another.

DRV3 is definitely the most ambitious title we've worked on by far, but I could not happier with the end result or more proud of my colleagues for their hard work and dedication. We look forward to seeing everyone's reactions when the finished title finally releases :)
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Happy to know this. But sorry to be a Debby downer, I do hope u guys listened to ppl after releasing d1,2 & despair girls. Cause from looking at twitter, people really did not like how u handled it with stock phases like can't be helped & made up words for like fujoshi to fansomething don't remember wat it was. Along with some other things being mistranslated & double meaning sentences(Which i think is common even in eng vocab? idk xD). Also to add for the reason why ppl don't like literal translations. I kinda see why people don't like can't be helped & other sentences. But i know the script is huge so if the # of times u put it in is like...less than 10 idk ok xD

And with that I do hope we get some more info on Ys, especially on its script since xseed handled the falcom games well.& who knows how Tokyo xandeu will be from akasy xD(still will get both ys7 & TX though).Really hope we get a blog,news update on how the script will be or at least an interview so people will know how u guys so ppl will be at ease. Cause I read this one has some references to past YS games in case falcom didn't told u.
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

Return to “Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony”