Considering Getting Mana Khemia 1 And 2

Official Mana Khemia 1 and 2 Discussion Forum
Dhraiauvessillus
Vassal
Vassal

Considering Getting Mana Khemia 1 And 2

Postby Dhraiauvessillus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:49 pm

I am seriously considering getting Mana Khemia 1 and 2.

Not wasting my time or money on any of the Arland series, because theyre total and utter, broken, pointless, storyless s**t.

So I decided to get some games I wanted for a while.
I have AI1, 2 and 3. They are awesome. :)

So should I get MK 1 and 2, they look like they have good, got proper stories.
They look like actual games with proper alchemy, as opposed to broken, storyless time and money wasters with no plot, villains or point, as in the Arland series.
Are they timed at all? If they are, is it reasonable? Because timed requests like in AI3, are reasonable.
Timed every, as in Atelier Rorona the most pointless game I have ever seen, is game brekaing.

So, what are they like? They look good.
And nasty secrets they're hiding? Something reviewers won't mention?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Considering Getting Mana Khemia 1 And 2

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

You're lucky I love the MK games...

Anyways, they do have a time system. Though, it's SUPER easy to not really worry about.

What takes up time on the game, is going to a dungeon. Now, time will technically pass while you're in the dungeon, but quite literally that has zero effect on the actual time. It's just there to diversify what you can find in a dungeon. Yes, both games have overarching plots, and villains. Though, I am still pretty far behind on MK 2, I know all about MK 1. The villain is not what you would expect probably.

The alchemy system is directly related to your stats/abilities. It's more refined in 2, but basically, synthesizing an item lets you then go on your 'book' and put points you get from battle, into an entry on the book to give your characters stats/abilities. There are NO levels on this game. Your stats/abilities are purely gotten from synthesizing stuff.

Both games have character endings, that are gotten depending on who you spend your free time with the most.

Also, how you get free time, is that you have i think it was a week? Each day you have a class, which is basically like a quest. Depending on how well you fulfill the requirements (go above and beyond when possible) you get graded on it. Your grade puts so many stars in this evaluation thing. When you've gotten enough stars, you then don't have classes for the rest of the week(?), and can enjoy free time.

At the end of every week(?) is the story. Here you will usually fight a boss after traveling through a dungeon.

That's just a small overview of things in the game. It's really fun ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Dhraiauvessillus wrote:Not wasting my time or money on any of the Arland series, because theyre total and utter, broken, pointless, storyless s**t.

You know, people are more likely to respond nicely to you if you aren't having conniptions and shitting over other games every single post.

Dhraiauvessillus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dhraiauvessillus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 am

Thank you Vamko. :)

They sound good. :)
And the time limits don't sound intrusive. I will definately get them, when I can.

I used Atelier Rorona as a example of a bad game. If any game is like that, I won't be getting it.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Dhraiauvessillus wrote:Thank you Vamko. :)

They sound good. :)
And the time limits don't sound intrusive. I will definately get them, when I can.

I used Atelier Rorona as a example of a bad game. If any game is like that, I won't be getting it.

Ah, one last thing. There's no time limit when you're on a story section. You can freely do whatever. And, since this is all off of memory, expect some things to be slightly different than what I said, though I'm sure you'll enjoy it regardless. It is QUITE different from the Arland series.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:56 am

kaiser aqua hero, 4 the win! 8-)
Haikyo-sha Purinii Buntai

neonie wrote: Everything about Ryouna just makes my pants tight.

Return to “Mana Khemia”