Do you think they should remake Disgaea 1 for PS3

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
sanchezjohnny58
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Do you think they should remake Disgaea 1 for PS3

Postby sanchezjohnny58 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:34 am

I know they have made disgaea 1 available for PS3, but i think they should make a complete remake. It will be the same story and everything but the graphics will be just like in part 4. Some new moves would be cool and perhaps two more new stories explaining the backgrounds of flonne and etna, maybe who their parents were. Maybe all their parents could be connected somehow. They could start from laharls age and it would tell how they came to be where their at in present. Maybe even a story About the first Prinny to ever come into existence, which would probly be adam and eve. But they would make it more comical and less boring how it is in the bible... Just thought it would be a cool idea. Because if they did make it, I dont care if i already completely beat part one, i would definitely completely replay it. :mrgreen:

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Do you think they should remake Disgaea 1 for PS3

Postby mario_0345 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 am

No. It has already been remade twice remaking it a third time would be really pushing it. Everyone has already played it and well the only things they would really add to a remake on PS3 would be paid DLC which would cause a pretty large backslash. I'm really glad they decided to do an new game with the characters instead of rehashing the first one again.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Nope. However, I do think they should bring the male warrior back from that game. I kinda miss that old look. Maybe they could make one of them and make him a unique character. Besides that, DD2 is enough for me. Now if they wanna make a D2D2... ;)

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:47 pm

I'd play a remake of it if it was an actual remake - as in the game getting overhauled with all the new classes, mechanics, and everything else. Definitely would play it if they made it for Vita.

That said, I'm not going near another port of it. It's way too dated after all the advancements 3 and 4 made.

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 am

mario_0345 wrote:No. It has already been remade twice remaking it a third time would be really pushing it. Everyone has already played it and well the only things they would really add to a remake on PS3 would be paid DLC which would cause a pretty large backslash. I'm really glad they decided to do an new game with the characters instead of rehashing the first one again.

No, it has been PORTED twice. While it had some extra features, it was still mostly the same game.

PORT = converting the already made game from one console to another

REMAKE = doing the entire game from scratch.

Disgaea 3 Return and Disgaea 4 Return are also NOT remakes, they are ports.

PORT =/= REMAKE

That said, I would love a proper remake of Disgaea 1.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm

I'd rather they just concentrated on new games and IPs.

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm

アクターレ wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:No. It has already been remade twice remaking it a third time would be really pushing it. Everyone has already played it and well the only things they would really add to a remake on PS3 would be paid DLC which would cause a pretty large backslash. I'm really glad they decided to do an new game with the characters instead of rehashing the first one again.

No, it has been PORTED twice. While it had some extra features, it was still mostly the same game.

PORT = converting the already made game from one console to another

REMAKE = doing the entire game from scratch.

Disgaea 3 Return and Disgaea 4 Return are also NOT remakes, they are ports.

PORT =/= REMAKE

That said, I would love a proper remake of Disgaea 1.

An enhanced port is one step down from a remake, and at the time Disgaea 1 portable and Disgaea 1 DS were quite a drastic change to the original compared to other enhanced ports(they still largely are).

Hell, Disgaea DHD was basically a remake because it gave Disgaea 2 Disgaea 3's engine and a lot of its gameplay, same thing with La Pucelle: Ragnarok.

Return to “Disgaea Series”