The next Disgaea to get a Sequel?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

Which Disgaea do you want to have a sequel?

Disgaea D3
17%
Disgaea 2 D2
52%
Disgaea 3 D2
22%
Disgaea 4 D2
9%

Total votes: 23

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: The next Disgaea to get a Sequel?

Postby DarkPrier » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:22 am

Seventh wrote:Well, I'm hoping the Defenders of Earth will get a DLC scenario, so I haven't counted them out yet.

As for Disgaea 3 though? In my case, it's more like what is there NOT to like so much? I loved the cast, and the way they handled the relationships between all of them and how they developed the characters and relationships I felt was done excellently. I really enjoyed the setting and found it especially fun and unique, and thoroughly enjoyed the "outside" plot that we were presented with in the beginning as well as the deeper parts of the plot with Mao's father and Geoffrey and such. I also don't feel like any of the other games, except perhaps the first, blend humor and drama together nearly as well (I particularly dislike how towards the end, 4 almost disregards humor entirely in favor of trying much too hard with the drama).

Mao and Almaz are two of my favorite characters in the franchise as a whole, and getting back to relationships, theirs with each other as well as Beryl and Sapphire respectively I found particularly entertaining. I loved Champloo's silliness and Salvatore's straight faces overthetopness, and Master Bigster was fun as well. Even though they were just class recolors, I even grew to really like Kyoko and Asuka.

In terms of visual and audio stuff, the game visually had a lot of memorable stages and definitely character designs. It has my third favorite N1 soundtrack after ZHP and Makai Kingdom, and the seiyuu cast is damn near perfect - though N1 casts usually are, I will admit.

Honestly, I could go on and on and on about why it's my favorite, but I think if I do any more I'll simply be gushing at that point.

I loved the beginning of Disgaea 3's story with Mao trying to kill his father for destroying his game data on the 'slaystation portable', but after that it just seems like the story goes nowhere with multiple trips to the heart bank, to the quest for the egg, and on and on.

I liked the characters in Disgaea 4 a lot more, but I agree with you about the weak attempts at humor in that game, and I particularly disliked Emizel's slang and cussing(I hated Emizel pretty much) because it really didn't seem like it fit when Laharl and rest of the teenage demons never really talked like that.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Disgaea 2's story would be the best for a sequel I think. There's plenty to continue. Adell finding out about his parents for instance. Compared to the other endings of the Disgaea series D2 is the one with the most loose ends that need to be tied up. If I thought about this from the perspective of which game I enjoyed the most it would be 4 but I don't think a sequel would fit after the conclusion of that game. I kind of feel similarly about Disgaea 3.

I could bitch about D3's story all day and night but I think I will hold off on that. But I will say this, I hope I never see another cutscene from that game in my life. The beginning is fairly decent but after the final battle of chapter 1 the game just becomes intolerable to me. The other games in this franchise may also have bad parts to the story and characters but not to this extent.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 am

Seventh wrote:Well, I'm hoping the Defenders of Earth will get a DLC scenario, so I haven't counted them out yet.

I am thinking they are saving a big Defenders of Earth scenario for the Vita version just to troll everyone who was disappointed with NIS for not including them in the game the first time and pretty much make everyone who bought the PS3 version want the Vita version(kind of like how they are using the whole Valvatorez and human Artina stuff for hyping Disgaea 4 Return).

I also think that if they add a dlc scenario to the console version it will be Xenolith's past with Xenolith being added as playable character, or maybe an AU where Laharl can't change back after turning into a girl(or both).

scorptatious
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby scorptatious » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 am

I would love for there to be a sequel to 4.

Spoiler:
Especially considering how 4 talks about future events that would happen such as Prinny War 2, and how Val and the gang are deemed the most wanted criminals in the universe thanks to their actions on the moon.

Plus, I would love to see the characters themselves expanded upon. Such as Val's relationship with Artina and how that would affect his friendship with Fenrich. And perhaps how Emizel handles his role as Netherworld President.

I'm really not sure how 2 and 3 could be expanded upon, as their stories seem pretty much complete. BUT, I thought the same thing about the first Disgaea and then I found out there was going to be a direct sequel. :P

scorptatious
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby scorptatious » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:55 am

Shadow wrote:
Rednal wrote:I stopped paying attention the moment I thought I read "More Tink". :?

I hated Tink. I'd go mad if I had to deal with his nonsense again! :cry:

Personally I really liked Tink. Although I guess I have some sort of affinity towards the weird and annoying characters. Like Quina from Final Fantasy IX.

robofortune
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby robofortune » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 am

I would really enjoy a Disgaea 3 sequel (With Rutile if possible ♥), but I think Disgaea 2, like many said, has lots of points it could expand on.

prinnyfrost
Vassal
Vassal

Postby prinnyfrost » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:37 pm

From what I hear, NIS is going to make a D2 version of all the Disgaea games, so there's no need to worry too much. But, if they make Disgaea 2 D2, I do hope that they use it to tell us more about Shura and Selion. Sure Rozalin being Zenon is an interesting mystery that's worth looking into, but I really can't help but think about Adell finding out about his parent's history and realizing the truth about them. They said that they left to Veldime because they had to escape a war breaking out in their home Netherworld right? Well, is the war still going on there or did it end with some evil demon taking things over? Also, what exactly were Shura and Selion doing before they came to Veldime anyway? I kinda wanna know all this. Do you guys think so too?

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:44 pm

I'd say the original Trio are the best suited to sequals. The casts of D2 and D3 seemed pretty settled at the end of their respective games, and the only place I could see for D4 to go is the god ending, but that would have to take place in an alternate time line, like the Prinny games. (that could be quite fun thoough.)
Laharl and co. ARE pretty much just wandering/bumming around the universe most of the time, surely they've had some cool adventures?

In my heart, I hope a Defenders of Earth focused sequel is made. I miss them, and they could totally show up anywhere. The odds of one are slim, just slim enough for a DEFENDER OF EARTH to still succeed!
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 am

prinnyfrost wrote:From what I hear, NIS is going to make a D2 version of all the Disgaea games, so there's no need to worry too much. But, if they make Disgaea 2 D2, I do hope that they use it to tell us more about Shura and Selion. Sure Rozalin being Zenon is an interesting mystery that's worth looking into, but I really can't help but think about Adell finding out about his parent's history and realizing the truth about them. They said that they left to Veldime because they had to escape a war breaking out in their home Netherworld right? Well, is the war still going on there or did it end with some evil demon taking things over? Also, what exactly were Shura and Selion doing before they came to Veldime anyway? I kinda wanna know all this. Do you guys think so too?

Rozalin being Zenon isn't really a mystery. She reincarnated into Rozalin to escape the endless fighting. Rozalin was born in the Snow Village with Yukimaru and Fubuki. Fake Zenon, somehow found out about who Zenon was, attacked the village, kidnapped Rozalin, raised her as his daughter so he could feel all super duper cause he was butthurt about losing to Zenon back in the day.

I'd love Disgaea 2 D2. I think there's plenty to go on about. Of course, everyone would have to have new appearances since the curse ended. I think that's why Rozalin doesn't have wings in the new games since she's a human again. Though, I'm not sure if the Snow Village were humans to begin with. Or they just forgot to put them in. I don't think anyone would throw the game away if they were like, "Oh we couldn't fix the curse." I really wanna see Hanako's training with Etna. And Taro living at home with Mom and Dad. Speaking of which, Mom and Dad need to be playable please. There should be "Mom and Dad" mode. Maybe when they first met Shura and Selion and they can talk about said war. Yeah, that'd be cool. Disgaea 4 had two flashback modes. Well, one was time travel, but it's still the past.

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:47 am

prinnyfrost wrote:From what I hear, NIS is going to make a D2 version of all the Disgaea games, so there's no need to worry too much. But, if they make Disgaea 2 D2, I do hope that they use it to tell us more about Shura and Selion. Sure Rozalin being Zenon is an interesting mystery that's worth looking into, but I really can't help but think about Adell finding out about his parent's history and realizing the truth about them. They said that they left to Veldime because they had to escape a war breaking out in their home Netherworld right? Well, is the war still going on there or did it end with some evil demon taking things over? Also, what exactly were Shura and Selion doing before they came to Veldime anyway? I kinda wanna know all this. Do you guys think so too?

wait.. they are making a sequel to D2?
my dream has come true. Need more extension on Adells past/parents. More on how in the hell this weak overlord managed to corrupt the mind of Zenon, more on Zenon, and just extend the relationship between Adell and Rozalin in general. I may be slightly biased in the fact that D2 was my first Disgaea game. But I know for a fact 3 just absolutely let me down. The side/extra story about Majin Academy in the PSV version was written much better than all of D3. D4, sort of has a conclusion but could be expande dupon with what happened in the PSV version, God wanting revenge.
so D2 for me.
DD2 could use a DD3, to expand on the time Etna leaves for Adell and Rozalins Netherworld to expand upon FLonne and Laharl, in relation to Laharls parents and the Seraphs plans for uniting the races/ worlds.

prinnyfrost
Vassal
Vassal

Postby prinnyfrost » Fri May 01, 2015 9:30 am

Larkybroages wrote:

Rozalin being Zenon isn't really a mystery. She reincarnated into Rozalin to escape the endless fighting. Rozalin was born in the Snow Village with Yukimaru and Fubuki. Fake Zenon, somehow found out about who Zenon was, attacked the village, kidnapped Rozalin, raised her as his daughter so he could feel all super duper cause he was butthurt about losing to Zenon back in the day.

I'd love Disgaea 2 D2. I think there's plenty to go on about. Of course, everyone would have to have new appearances since the curse ended. I think that's why Rozalin doesn't have wings in the new games since she's a human again. Though, I'm not sure if the Snow Village were humans to begin with. Or they just forgot to put them in. I don't think anyone would throw the game away if they were like, "Oh we couldn't fix the curse." I really wanna see Hanako's training with Etna. And Taro living at home with Mom and Dad. Speaking of which, Mom and Dad need to be playable please. There should be "Mom and Dad" mode. Maybe when they first met Shura and Selion and they can talk about said war. Yeah, that'd be cool. Disgaea 4 had two flashback modes. Well, one was time travel, but it's still the past.

I think the snow village were the only actual demons in Veldime honestly. And It would make sense if Taro and Hanako actually stayed as demons when everyone else turned into humans since they were BORN as demons. That's why I didn't have any problems about future Hanako staying a demon when she was revealed that way. And if Tink doesn't get to have his humanoid form, Imma throw a fit. Anyway, i was actually thinking of having Adell going to his home Netherworld to find out the truth...after he meets someone from there that gets him to travel to the Netherworld of course. Even so, a flashback episode of Shura and Selion's lives does sound like a good idea. They could do it liker in Disgaea 4 like you said, leave a good idea about what happened in the main story (enough to have the characters to understand what happened), then finish filling in the rest of the pieces in their own story arc (and if I see Krichevskoy in the flashback part, Imma start laughing).

prinnyfrost
Vassal
Vassal

Postby prinnyfrost » Fri May 01, 2015 9:37 am

metlspaz wrote:

wait.. they are making a sequel to D2?
my dream has come true. Need more extension on Adells past/parents. More on how in the hell this weak overlord managed to corrupt the mind of Zenon, more on Zenon, and just extend the relationship between Adell and Rozalin in general. I may be slightly biased in the fact that D2 was my first Disgaea game. But I know for a fact 3 just absolutely let me down. The side/extra story about Majin Academy in the PSV version was written much better than all of D3. D4, sort of has a conclusion but could be expande dupon with what happened in the PSV version, God wanting revenge.
so D2 for me.
DD2 could use a DD3, to expand on the time Etna leaves for Adell and Rozalins Netherworld to expand upon FLonne and Laharl, in relation to Laharls parents and the Seraphs plans for uniting the races/ worlds.

Yes, it has been declared that since Disgaea D2 did so well, NIS decided to make a D2 to all the other Disgaea games. And I completely agree that we need to know more about Adell's past/parents!

Palmogranite
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Palmogranite » Sat May 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Thats good news. I want more Disgaea 2.
Image Emizel

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:03 am

If NIS is doing D2's for all of the Disgaeas then here's the gameplay for Disgaea 2 Dimension 2:

It starts where Disgaea 2 ended. Mom and Dad tell Adell about his parents and after some time thinking about it Adell goes to his parents netherworld looking for information about them. But due to plot contrivance no one will tell Adell anything until he fights the Tyranical Overlord of that netherworld.

Sounds like a winner to me.

P.S. Oh and Tink in human form being saved for the Vita version that comes to the west 2 years later + cameos in post game taken up by Asagi, The trio, and Axel. And of course everyones favorite: a bunch of bullshit DLC and a little bit of worth while DLC. If this isn't the mark of a Disgaea game then I don't know what is.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:45 am

dood wrote:If NIS is doing D2's for all of the Disgaeas then here's the gameplay for Disgaea 2 Dimension 2:

It starts where Disgaea 2 ended. Mom and Dad tell Adell about his parents and after some time thinking about it Adell goes to his parents netherworld looking for information about them. But due to plot contrivance no one will tell Adell anything until he fights the Tyranical Overlord of that netherworld.

Sounds like a winner to me.

P.S. Oh and Tink in human form being saved for the Vita version that comes to the west 2 years later + cameos in post game taken up by Asagi, The trio, and Axel. And of course everyones favorite: a bunch of bullshit DLC and a little bit of worth while DLC. If this isn't the mark of a Disgaea game then I don't know what is.

Adell+Rozalin is just an instant buy either way though.

Return to “Disgaea Series”