just wanna be 100% sure

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
axillarypuma
New Vassal
New Vassal

just wanna be 100% sure

Postby axillarypuma » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 am

hello everybody, so i just joined at the nisa forums, and i wanted to ask something, im getting a psvita this december mostly for disgaea 3 but for other games too, my question is, can you digitally download disgaea 1 and 2 on your psvita, so i can have the whole collection?i never got to really play disgaea a lot, since it was confusing and i was younger, then i started playing on my psp and it broke, but this time i wanna play 1, 2 AND 3 and 4 when it comes to vita of course.

thanks in advance

Shadow
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: just wanna be 100% sure

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 am

Yes, you can play all of the PSP Disgaea games (Disgaea 1, 2 & Infinity) on the Vita. If you previously purchased them over PSN, you won't need to re-buy them either. :D
Now Playing: Disgaea 5! - PAL Region

Dirtynator
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Dirtynator » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:39 am

It is true you can play Disgaea 1 and 2 on your Vita but I remember when I tried to do it with my own I could not get the DLC available for Disgaea 2 on my Vita. If I tried to download it directly on Vita the game itself would appear in the download list as a title compatible with PS Vita but not the DLC. This would not happen if I would try to download it on my PSP. The only way to fix this was to use my PS3 to download the game from PSN and then use the transfer application on Vita to move the game and the DLC from PS3 to my handheld. After that the game would play exactly like the PSP with all DLC available. I do not know if this was fixed since the time I did it but I doubt it.

P.S. This trick to download games on PS3 and then move them to Vita works with quite a few titles that are not officially available for Vita but are available for PSP, though not for all of them. For example you can use this trick to play Valkyria Chronicles 2 on Vita even though if you browse PSN with Vita the game won't show up at all as a compatible title.
Keep in mind however that downloading it from a PC and using the application Sony provides to transfer the files does not work. You must use your PS3 and if you don't have one then there is no way around it.

axillarypuma
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby axillarypuma » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:49 pm

thank you guys for answering :D

Return to “Disgaea Series”