Disgaea D2 addons and downloadable content

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Disgaea D2 addons and downloadable content

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:29 am

Has anybody complained about the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory DLC?

The price of the DLC for that game is $145.

$145!

That's almost three times the cost of the game. I'd like to believe that people aren't going to buy every single piece of DLC anyway, so why do people still like to believe that things are overpriced? We know it's overpriced, don't buy them if you don't want them.

Spoiler:
I'm done with this. I'll just forget this debate ever happened.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:35 pm

BlancnOut wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm done with this. I'll just forget this debate ever happened.

Same here. I'm done with the DLC price discussion.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

mordaki987
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby mordaki987 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:56 pm

there is such a thing as paying full price for a single game and any addon or downloadable content should be free. unless we are talking about a full expnasion pack then sure i would say we have to pay for that but a single character or 2 should be free to those who have paid full price for the game. there is such a thing as free data or at least there should be but gaming companies and software makers just love to chalk on or tag an extra couple of bucks for any download or addon content to a game that is less then 2 or 3 k which is about what the character files generally are space wise. theyh can run anyhwhere from 1. some odd k on up depending on how large the addon or dlc file is.

And why should it be that way? I don't see why it should be cheaper or free. If they were charging 5$ per character I could understand the complaints but as it is now? I don't see a problem. If they never made the DLC and there was just the game would you ask for the game to be cheaper? No you wouldn't. And the DLC is made after the game comes out in Japan. Just like it's translated after the main game is in EU and US.[/quote]

Fiery Marshmallows!
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Fiery Marshmallows! » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:33 am

...Does anyone know when exactly the 5th (La Pucelle) and 6th (Nisa, Gig, Plume) DLC batches are coming out in the US? I want my Overlord Priere and Gig.

Laharl
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Laharl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am

I was going to reply to some post here, but then saw how old they were. :lol:

Fiery Marshmallows! wrote:...Does anyone know when exactly the 5th (La Pucelle) and 6th (Nisa, Gig, Plume) DLC batches are coming out in the US? I want my Overlord Priere and Gig.

Early Feb.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:25 pm

In regards to the DLC argument (which I realize I missed by a few months), I don't really mind the prices. $3 for a character isn't terrible if you want the character enough. Further, comparing a game's DLC's price to how much the game costs months to years after that game released is just stupid. If you're going to do that comparison for some reason, at least use the game's original price.

In any case...

My complaint is more that N1 has decided to include very little post-game content in the actual game compared to how much they sell as DLC since they've found they can just sell it all as DLC.

Seriously, the previous main characters should all be in the game already, and them being in shouldn't cut down the amount of other cameos either. There are so damn many N1 characters that it's crazy to see, time after time, certain ones being set aside to be DLC. It's not like including them in the game would have left them a shortage of characters to make into DLC.

Return to “Disgaea Series”