Which Disgaea game is the biggest?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

Disgaea 1
No votes
Disgaea 2
No votes
Disgaea 3
No votes
Disgaea 4
100%
Disgaea D2
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 1

VigorBird
Vassal
Vassal

Postby VigorBird » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:10 pm

My guess is Disgaea 4 aside from the user-generated contents and maps. In comparison to Disgaea D2, Disgaea 4's Item World is much bigger, I think, and also has Chara Worlds. They removed it in D2. What about you guys? What do you think?
"By reason, not by force."

NextGenCowboy
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Which Disgaea game is the biggest?

Postby NextGenCowboy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 pm

It's a toss up between 3 and 4. 4 has the longer main campaign of the two, but 3 has far more classes, and a bigger post-game in my mind with two threads running through it, both the post-game and unlockable fights against certain enemies.

This is just at first glance for me, because I got to Baal in 3, but never beat him let alone his LoC version. I didn't come close to that in 4.

In terms of hours needed for near-total completion I'd have to give the edge to 3, but only because 4 added more options to level more units more quickly, as well as streamlining the Dark Assembly. That said in terms of content 4 may have the edge, if only because it's slightly easier to get things done.

With user-generated content it's obviously not a contest.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Return to “Disgaea Series”