Disgaea games & PS4

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
ktynn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Disgaea games & PS4

Postby ktynn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 am

Hey guys,

I sold my PS3 8 months ago, i had too many games, couldn't be arsed to play any of them and decided to grab some quick cash by selling it.

With the recent released of Disgaea games, Dragon's Crown, the upcoming Tales of Xillia 2, other JRPG remasters... i can't help but regret having sold my PS3.

I'm currently wondering if there is anything to go on or any type of information in regards of collection releases of f.e. the Disgaea games on PS4. It seems to late to buy a PS4 now; but then again, i have no clue what JRPG games and other niche fan-favorites such as the Disgaea series, will see a re-release for next gen.

So, does any1 of you guys know more about this? I've mailed NiS support and this was their answer:

"Hello!

To answer your question, we have yet to announce any official plans for PS4 game titles, so we are unable to answer anything regarding the PS4. Although, we have supported Sony in the past and will continue to do so in the future, so eventually we will undoubtedly make the move to PS4.

For now, the PS3 has a lot of life left in it, and we have a great catalog of other titles on it for you to enjoy! The choice will always be yours, but there is plenty to enjoy on the PS3.

Thank you for emailing us! Have an awesome week!"

I'm a tad uncertain about getting a PS3 now, the timing seems off, then again i haven't played The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni or all these other glorious JRPG's and it's since the launch of the PS2 that i've played a decent amount of Disgaea. What do you guys think?

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Disgaea games & PS4

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:15 am

The PS4 isn't backwards-compatible, (thank goodness, it'd basically need a PS3 inside it to do that, the engineering horror that it is), so they would need entirely new versions of the old games if they were to run on the PS4. So it's unlikely they will get releases on it, and even if they do, you would have to wait for such a version to be made for Japan first, as NISA can only localise what has already been created.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 am

Never sell your console before the support ended. I even still own a N64, Gameboy Advance SP and other stuff that is so old. PS3 has to many games and there will be a lot of support for it. Besides we dont even know if Disgaea 5 will come out for PS3 or PS4.

I would rebuy it, to many games on it to play.

Hopefully they bring Disgaea 5 for the PS4 with glorious graphics. The engine seems to struggle with a lot of Sprites on the screen due to the limited RAM.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

ktynn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ktynn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 am

I forgot to mention that i have a Wii U, 3DS, modded X360 and a gaming pc - all with an extensive library of games.

I kind of lack the budget for a PS3 AND PS4 purchase in the upcoming months, hence the tough decision making :-D

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 am

ktynn wrote:I forgot to mention that i have a Wii U, 3DS, modded X360 and a gaming pc - all with an extensive library of games.

I kind of lack the budget for a PS3 AND PS4 purchase in the upcoming months, hence the tough decision making :-D

Well that could be problematic. I wont get a PS4 so far thats why im fine and I wont sell my PS3 anyway as I have to many games on it :P.

There is still the possibility that Disgaea 5 could come out on PS3, so you maybe should get one down the line.

Otherwise, have you preordered a PS4 for launchday? Which games are you getting?
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

ktynn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ktynn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Well, i haven't pre-ordered anything :p
Just contemplating the idea of buying a PS3 again atm ^^

R353ARCH_D35TROY
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby R353ARCH_D35TROY » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Surely PS3 will price drop after next gen consoles drop, guessing around Q2 2014.

Probably not enough to make it worth the wait, though.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:27 am

You might be in for a suprise if you havent preordered x:.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Return to “Disgaea Series”