Disgaea 4 or d2

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
tails_night
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby tails_night » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:08 pm

I have 3 for the vita. But this week im getting a new working Ps3 and im debating d2 or a promise unforgotten.

User avatar
BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:22 am
Location: Ee-are-th (Earth)

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby BlancnOut » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Might as well get D2. D2 does everything 4 did, but better.
And let me tell you; getting LoC in 4 was a pain in the ass. D2 just makes it available straight in cheat shop.

That's just one opinion.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!


Image

User avatar
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby dood » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:45 am

tails_night wrote:I have 3 for the vita. But this week im getting a new working Ps3 and im debating d2 or a promise unforgotten.



Do you mean Disgaea 2 when you say D2? Or do you mean Disgaea Dimension 2? I'm confused. :oops:

Edit:

I am clearly stupid because I didn't read it right. Just saw D4 D3 D2 really. Sorry.
Last edited by dood on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

User avatar
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby Laharl2nd » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 am

D2 did most things better than 4 except for a few

1. the story was kind of weak compared to 4 but this was lower budget so thats understandable

2. I miss the evil symbols it made leveling up super low level ppl easier

3. duplication was alot easier to do than climb items constantly on the other hand we can now max out any item with enough climbs so thats something if you want a super powered death scythe there you go lol.

4. D4 had more unique chars than D2 does

overall Id say both are good but.. D2 wins for the "fun factor" to me D4 did very well and is still my second favorite in the series. I will probably still be buying it when i get a vita.

User avatar
VigorBird
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby VigorBird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Disgaea 4:

More characters and classes
Best Story
User-generated contents and multiplayer battles
Plenty of DLCs ready to buy (few free ones too)
Billion hours of play

Disgaea D2:

More smoother graphics
Easier to organize and navigate around GUI and maps
Monster mounts
Super easy to level with Cheat Shop
Short game due to Cheat Shop...

That being said, if you have a lot of time, stick with Disgaea 4. If you don't have time, choose Disgaea D2. Actually, you can still go hardcore with Disgaea D2 with about 100-150 hours post-game, but you'll find that leveling is a piece of cake. Personally, I would discourage everyone to play Disgaea D2 first if they're just starting out because then they would try the previous Disgaea series AFTER D2 and complain about the hardcore gameplay mechanics.

Since you have PS Vita, then you can wait a year for Disgaea 4: Return to come out on it and go ahead with Disgaea D2 instead. They're upping Disgaea 4: Return to be like Disgaea D2 anyway.
"By reason, not by force."

tails_night
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby tails_night » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:36 pm

hmm okay. I just cant wait for trying out the new magichange content and such in four. I LOVED the first three.
Monster mounts? Like ride them?

User avatar
VigorBird
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby VigorBird » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:14 am

tails_night wrote:hmm okay. I just cant wait for trying out the new magichange content and such in four. I LOVED the first three.
Monster mounts? Like ride them?


Dude, if you love Magichange, you will LOVE Disgaea 4! I don't want to spoil it, there's some unique things I LOVE about Magichange in Disgaea 4 that you would be surprised! Disgaea D2 doesn't have magichange, unfortunately, because of monster mounts. Yes, monster mounts allow you to ride monsters.
"By reason, not by force."

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:38 pm

VigorBird wrote:
tails_night wrote:hmm okay. I just cant wait for trying out the new magichange content and such in four. I LOVED the first three.
Monster mounts? Like ride them?


Dude, if you love Magichange, you will LOVE Disgaea 4! I don't want to spoil it, there's some unique things I LOVE about Magichange in Disgaea 4 that you would be surprised! Disgaea D2 doesn't have magichange, unfortunately, because of monster mounts. Yes, monster mounts allow you to ride monsters.

It's a damn sight more practical. Mostly as once the weapon disappears via time-out you get the deploy slot back again, even though you don't get the monster back for that map.
Meant I actually used it on a regular basis.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
VigorBird
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby VigorBird » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
VigorBird wrote:
tails_night wrote:hmm okay. I just cant wait for trying out the new magichange content and such in four. I LOVED the first three.
Monster mounts? Like ride them?


Dude, if you love Magichange, you will LOVE Disgaea 4! I don't want to spoil it, there's some unique things I LOVE about Magichange in Disgaea 4 that you would be surprised! Disgaea D2 doesn't have magichange, unfortunately, because of monster mounts. Yes, monster mounts allow you to ride monsters.

It's a damn sight more practical. Mostly as once the weapon disappears via time-out you get the deploy slot back again, even though you don't get the monster back for that map.
Meant I actually used it on a regular basis.


I haven't checked to see if infinite magichange works in Disgaea 4, but what I remembered was that you could use magichange for a few turns and then return to Base Panel and it'll reset the turns for magichange. If not, magichange is still useful even if it's limited. You can always breed more monsters for more magichange.
"By reason, not by force."

User avatar
BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:22 am
Location: Ee-are-th (Earth)

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Fusion and Magichange made leveling up monsters much easier. Mounting doesn't help unless they have a good AoE skill or you crank up the exp to 1000% and give it a statician packed item, and have the humanoid blast people with magic. I can't tell you how many lvl 9999 monsters are in my rosters in DD2.

EDIT: Or giving the monsters magic, that also really helps lol
Source: https://www.Imadumbass.com

I still say it was easier in D4...

Spoiler:
There's literally only one: Rainer and that's because her mount skill is AoE 3x2; a perfect fit for CoO6. I'm actually just very lazy to level the rest of my monsters. My second strongest monster is a level 6738 Baciel that has accumulated that through normal stage clearing (no grinding in CoO6).
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!


Image

User avatar
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby Laharl2nd » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:42 pm

I preferred magichange to mounting personally :/ also the evil symbols that ppl could leech exp off of others that was very useful for leveling level 1s. this kinda makes me glad revya was not in D2 cause id be pissed if she couldn't magichange with gig...

User avatar
DarkJesusBR
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby DarkJesusBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 am

Defintely pick D2.

The "hardcore" mechanics in Disgaea 4 is nothing but boring; not worth.
Things like Chara World are fillers, boring.
No need to waste time in these bullshit.
Disgaea 4 visually looks interesting, with nice characters, but is all fake impression.
Characters are boring, no evolution, no decent background. Some of them are ridiculous.
In the end of history, I skip scenes because it was so bad.

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby mario_0345 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Just get DD2(Disgaea Dimension 2) for the ps3. In my opinion it is better in every way than Disgaea 4 also since you have a Vita you can just wait till august and pick up Disgaea 4 A promise revisited for the vita. It has all the DLC and new content for free.

User avatar
HereWeGoDood
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: Disgaea 4 or d2

Postby HereWeGoDood » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:47 pm

I think D2 has better gameplay, but 4 has better story.
You gotta have guts dood!


Return to “Disgaea Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests