Disgaea 4 vs Disgaea D2

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

Which game do you prefer from his storyline?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:33 am

Disgaea 4
67%
Disgaea D2
33%

Total votes: 3

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Disgaea 4 vs Disgaea D2

Postby hundredknightko » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 am

hello! today im gonna buy disgaea 4 (or at the latest tomorrow 101% for sure)

but before i have my 101% confirmation to do that i would like to ask you guys..

is there anybody who played both games already and can say something about the story ( NO SPOILERS PLEASE! at least not from D4.. i know DD2 already) i mean .. if the story from XYZ is weaker/better than the story from XYZ ?

i heard that DD2 was made with low budget (im so sad for nis america or whoever developed this game.. this game has so much fun and potential it should be at least as popular as the tales-of series! or even final fantasy)

soo maybe Disgaea 4 will win? just leave your opinions here please..

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Disgaea 4 vs Disgaea D2

Postby BlancnOut » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:47 am

Disgaea 4's story is potentially stronger than DD2, I don't like that they kind of did the same thing for the lesson in Disgaea 3. It tries to be serious for the most part, that isn't to say there aren't some witty scenes in the story. Somewhere along the end of the story, it starts to be a drag to listen to the cutscenes, and that's bad. If the story is making want to skip the scenes, that's very bad.

For me, DD2's ending was good enough to give the time to see the others which were tragically comedic in their own ways. Disgaea 4's doesn't really answer anything: even after watching all the different endings. The DLC stories are what answered alot of my questions and I'm quite annoyed that it wasn't in the main story to begin with. The PS Vita version has a new story DLC that's probably (maybe) going to satisfy me.

TL;DR
D4's story had much more potential to be better than DD2 because of new characters/netherworld/backstories, but it doesn't fully deliver. I hope they wrap things up in the Vita version.

DD2 had already set a story as it was a sequel to a game in the past, as much as I enjoyed it, I still prefer D4's potential.
Spoiler:
Emizel was annoying to listen to in the beginning.
Last edited by BlancnOut on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:34 am

Disgaea D2's story is a lot better than Disgaea 4's. The story in Disgaea 4 was not really well thought out, and honestly falls apart after a certain point.

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:09 am

oh oh oh hold on guys..

i just was prepared to going out now and buy this game but now..

both of you are saying that the story gets crappy at a certain point like the developer just wanted to finish it off as fast as they can and wanted skip the scenes just as you said..

like "oh we almost done but lets make the end fast"

so just like ni no kuni..

and you said the ending didnt answered most questions? thats VERY VERY BAD!!

im someone i HATE IT when i have to imaginate my own ending for a game.. like the developer are like "feel free to make your own thoughts about the ending we just show you the right way and you must finish the cutscene with your own imagination"

thats very bad i hate this.. i dont want buy DLC's to understand what happens..

now im really wondering if i should still buy this game.. i was so looking forward to play as valvatorez..

can someone fast write me some more opinions? the shops are closing here in 2 and half hours

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:39 am

hundredknightko wrote:oh oh oh hold on guys..

i just was prepared to going out now and buy this game but now..

both of you are saying that the story gets crappy at a certain point like the developer just wanted to finish it off as fast as they can and wanted skip the scenes just as you said..

like "oh we almost done but lets make the end fast"

so just like ni no kuni..

and you said the ending didnt answered most questions? thats VERY VERY BAD!!

im someone i HATE IT when i have to imaginate my own ending for a game.. like the developer are like "feel free to make your own thoughts about the ending we just show you the right way and you must finish the cutscene with your own imagination"

thats very bad i hate this.. i dont want buy DLC's to understand what happens..

now im really wondering if i should still buy this game.. i was so looking forward to play as valvatorez..

can someone fast write me some more opinions? the shops are closing here in 2 and half hours

If you have a Vita, I recommend getting it on that, the Vita will come with all the DLC and a new story. Plus it's going to be using DD2's game mechanics.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

hundredknightko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby hundredknightko » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 am

oh man why i always read about such an awesome remake games which comes only for vita or another very cool games only exclusive for vita?

i dont have any vita yet because since 1 year im thinking "better dont buy it now its too late already.. very soon they reveal the release of the next vita console" but its still didnt happened...

when i buy it now i bet 1 week later they announce the new vita or something like that..

no no.. i bought this game already (holding the game in my hands right now and reading some stuff about it )

so thanks for everythings i will write again probably after i played it!

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:28 am

They already released a new vita. So it'll take some time if they release another. OLED screen is better than the LCD screen but the micro-usb port is much more convenient than the proprietary charger port.

Well enjoy D4 then!

Return to “Disgaea Series”