So what would we have to do to get the series on PC?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
Professor Prinny
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: So what would we have to do to get the series on PC?

Postby Professor Prinny » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Adohleas wrote:There is a large JRPG fan base on Steam, me included. I have been seeing for years many topics popping up with people asking if there is anything on Steam like "Disgaea".

As it is now, Steam is mostly a wasteland in terms of JRPGs, however we are starting to see a glimpse of the future with the releases of some of the Final Fantasy series, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Valkyria Chronicles, Agarest, and The YS series, which have all sold well. As well as some new JRPGs coming out this year on Steam.

It seems to be the perfect time for JRPGs to be released on Steam with such a large craving going on, it would be a shame if Disgaea doesn't get to flex its muscles with the surge of JRPGs coming to Steam.

True. Valkyria Chronicles sold an impressive 200,000 copies on Steam, also the Neptunia games do very well on Steam's platform as well.

So it's not like the market for Anime style RPGs doesn't exist in the Western market on Steam.

Also the Agarest War series got a release on Steam and that is a SRPG with Anime artwork much in vein of Disgaea, so the precedent for potential success is there.

I would definitely be on board with Disgaea title getting a Steam release.

Besides, the more platforms this franchise reaches out on, the more sales potential it has, which ultimately keeps NIS in business and making even more Disgaea games in the future. It's a win-win to have both Playstation and PC Disgaea releases.

reikken
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby reikken » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Disgaea playable with a mouse?
take all of my money

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Necro Bump:
Guess people got their wish and the very first Classic Disgaea comes to PC.
Sadly im thinking about not buying it at least because NIS has fucked me over quite a bit, just recently with the bunny costume. If they release it full price it will bomb harder then any nuke ever could too + Steam reviews would slaughter it.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

vaiybora
Vassal
Vassal

Postby vaiybora » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:17 pm

I really like you post,Thanks for your sharing. :) :)

goldenslot
gclub online

Return to “Disgaea Series”