So what would we have to do to get the series on PC?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
viperveteran
Peon
Peon

So what would we have to do to get the series on PC?

Postby viperveteran » Fri May 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I would love to see this game on PC and I think that the series and PC keyboard and mouse would really go well with each other. I know this is only the American site of Nippon Ichi but I have to ask this. At the moment the only way to get Disgaea on PC is through emulation which isn't exactly legal.

What kind of problems do Nippon Ichi have that would prevent them from releasing the series for PC?

I read that Disgaea 5 is in production and that NIJ are looking to entice a "broader audience" I know this is speculation but is it possible that we will get a multi-platform release.

Littletheft
Peon
Peon

Re: So what would we have to do to get the series on PC?

Postby Littletheft » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:16 am

Yes, I agree D5 for PC, i am sure many players 'll buy the game.You see FFXIII top seller on Steam.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:34 am

Good luck trying to get N1 to release a niche game, on a platform that is even more niche in Japan :P

Sa-Matra
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Sa-Matra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:04 am

Pretty sure its not just about NIS but also about Sony to have popular game series appear exclusively (or mostly exclusively) on their consoles.

Littletheft
Peon
Peon

Postby Littletheft » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Darcnova wrote:Good luck trying to get N1 to release a niche game, on a platform that is even more niche in Japan :P

If you dont try you dont know :D .
I dont think Disgaea is a exslusive payied by Sony, so i think there are some hopes.

The Master
Vassal
Vassal

Postby The Master » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:18 pm

viperveteran wrote:I would love to see this game on PC and I think that the series and PC keyboard and mouse would really go well with each other. I know this is only the American site of Nippon Ichi but I have to ask this. At the moment the only way to get Disgaea on PC is through emulation which isn't exactly legal.

What kind of problems do Nippon Ichi have that would prevent them from releasing the series for PC?

I read that Disgaea 5 is in production and that NIJ are looking to entice a "broader audience" I know this is speculation but is it possible that we will get a multi-platform release.

Emulation is legal as long as you physically own a copy of the game and if your emulator is using a console BIOS then you got to own the console too. Any who, I would love to see Disgaea 5 on the PC. If I ever heard an announcement like that I. Would. Scream :mrgreen: .

Shariest
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Shariest » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:11 am

Extremely sorry to bumb this up two months later... But i actually am interested in the subject.
I bought PS3 for Disgaea 4, PSVita for the ports, and seeing that there will be no vita version this time around, would rather preferer not buying a platform when it coulda/shoulda/woulda be released on PC. Which i all ready have. =W='
"May you live in interesting times" -Ideamen

Chouchers
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Chouchers » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Sa-Matra wrote:Pretty sure its not just about NIS but also about Sony to have popular game series appear exclusively (or mostly exclusively) on their consoles.

Then how first game got port to DS?

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Chouchers wrote:
Sa-Matra wrote:Pretty sure its not just about NIS but also about Sony to have popular game series appear exclusively (or mostly exclusively) on their consoles.

Then how first game got port to DS?

Because, Sa-Matra is incorrect. They are implying that Sony is paying to keep the game in Sony consoles, but they're not. NIS just prefers to put their games on Sony platforms.

Adohleas
Peon
Peon

Postby Adohleas » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:02 am

There is a large JRPG fan base on Steam, me included. I have been seeing for years many topics popping up with people asking if there is anything on Steam like "Disgaea".

As it is now, Steam is mostly a wasteland in terms of JRPGs, however we are starting to see a glimpse of the future with the releases of some of the Final Fantasy series, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Valkyria Chronicles, Agarest, and The YS series, which have all sold well. As well as some new JRPGs coming out this year on Steam.

It seems to be the perfect time for JRPGs to be released on Steam with such a large craving going on, it would be a shame if Disgaea doesn't get to flex its muscles with the surge of JRPGs coming to Steam.

Pimpalicious
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Pimpalicious » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 am

It may never happen but you see more and more japanese games released on PC and Steam lately so it's got to be more likely now than it was 5-10 years ago.

trumpet205
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby trumpet205 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Part of the problem with JRPG on PC is that for Japanese market, PC gaming is very niche. In fact in Japan PC gaming is pretty much either MMORPG or visual novel. Their PC gaming market is nowhere near as large as western counterpart.

So Japanese game developers don't have a lot of incentive to do PC in the first place. In fact Valkyria Chronicles was done by Sega of America. Sega of Japan actually opposed this PC port and that's the reason why it wasn't sold in Japanese Steam.

Haku Wuffamute
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Haku Wuffamute » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 am

Right now the biggest dream I have is having at least one Disgaea game on PC. Would have been nice to have Disgaea 4, D2, 5, or Makai Kingdom. It looks like a PC game so it really doesn't compute with me to why there is no PC port yet or at least a mod. Having to run emulators is neat and all, but I can only do so much about that before I feel like spooning my eyes out. If I could actually code and stuff I would make an English sub translation for the JP release of Makai Kingdom (PSP) and stop complaining here.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:17 am

Might be funny to try out. They could continue to build more characters for it and maybe even mod support. Still, I don't want Disgaea to get hacked to hell and back while becoming an abomination :/.

Maybe they will later port some Disgaea to PC, I would even double dip for it.

Obviously nobody pays NIS for exklusivness, they always have been on Playstation and there is literally no audience on the other consoles for their games.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:28 am

I've been hankering for Disgaea on the PC for years now. The possibilities for mods (user made stages, classes, modifications to existing ones, etc.) would be a huge boon to the series as well.

Chamaeleonx wrote:Obviously nobody pays NIS for exklusivness, they always have been on Playstation and there is literally no audience on the other consoles for their games.

There is definitely a market for it on other consoles, the question is "Is it big enough?" and perhaps it isn't, or at least it isn't thought to be big enough to justify taking the risk of it not selling enough copies to make a decent profit on the venture. They could probably find some life in the 3DS, though I don't think Disgaea 1 sold all that well on the DS?
|- Etna Fanboy | Disgaea Fanatic |- Dood -| Anime Fan| Prinny 'Sploder -|
|-| Join the Unofficial NISAmerica Steam Group |-|
/ | | \ Support Disgaea Mousepads Proposal / | | \

Return to “Disgaea Series”