How exactly do you access Disgaea 2 DLC?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
Prism Greeny
New Vassal
New Vassal

How exactly do you access Disgaea 2 DLC?

Postby Prism Greeny » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:28 pm

"D2: Dark Hero Days does have DLC, and it doesn't come pre-installed. It wasn't the same process as D3 and D4 because they didn't have DLC back in PS2 days, so they added the DLC for the remake on PSP since it had never had any beforehand. PSP game DLC doesn't show up on the Vita store. You have to go to the online store on PC. The NA/EU store contains 7 DLCs.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.c +
om/#!/en-us/search/f=^disgaea%2B2%2Bdlc|bucket~games

Two are free, and the rest are $2 each. Gig, Dark Eclair, and Mabel were available as DLC but caused glitches, so they had to be removed, and as far as I know are only available in Asian versions."

I'm playing Disgaea 2 on the PS TV.

My question is, if I purchase this DLC online then how do I transfer it to my game? Is it actually doable with a PS TV and, if not, what do I have to do?

rozy
Vassal
Vassal

Re: How exactly do you access Disgaea 2 DLC?

Postby rozy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:08 am

You can purchase and download all the DLC from the Playstation Store app in the Playstation TV and it'll install when you next start up the game after having downloaded the DLC. Or at least it's supposed to, but I think it's bugged right now, and as a direct result the DLC does not work if you play the game on the Vita and probably the PSTV as well, so try downloading the free DLCs first, install them, and if an error message shows up when you start a game or the DLC chapter (summoning experiments, I believe) isn't there then the issue still hasn't been resolved.

I went so overboard with the commas there, but I believe that's the jist of it.

Prism Greeny
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Prism Greeny » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:46 am

I tried everything and bought some DLC but it says that the DLC is incompatible with my system.

Bummer. :(

trumpet205
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby trumpet205 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Prism Greeny wrote:I tried everything and bought some DLC but it says that the DLC is incompatible with my system.

Bummer. :(

You mean the store says it is incompatibile?

jr2nd
Majin
Majin

Postby jr2nd » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:22 am

speaking from how I got my disgaea 2 dlc to my psp I had to either buy it from ps3 network, connect my psp to my ps3 and download it that way.

OR

buy dlc via playstation online store via pc then access "downloads" on the psn network using the psp as that is still accessable and it appears there.. nothing else it though

Xanikk999
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Xanikk999 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm not sure if bumping this thread is ok but it is relevent to my issue and google did not help.

Long story short I cannot find a way to make the DLC work on my vita. How do I go about getting a refund for the DLC I cannot use? NIS should consider adding a warning to the playstation store that you cannot use this on your vita. I feel like I wasted my money.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:03 pm

Xanikk999 wrote:I'm not sure if bumping this thread is ok but it is relevent to my issue and google did not help.

Long story short I cannot find a way to make the DLC work on my vita. How do I go about getting a refund for the DLC I cannot use? NIS should consider adding a warning to the playstation store that you cannot use this on your vita. I feel like I wasted my money.

I don't know about Vita Tv but I used to download the dlc on to my ps3 from psn and then transfer it to my Vita.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Xanikk999
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Xanikk999 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:16 pm

dood wrote:
Xanikk999 wrote:I'm not sure if bumping this thread is ok but it is relevent to my issue and google did not help.

I don't know about Vita Tv but I used to download the dlc on to my ps3 from psn and then transfer it to my Vita.

Transfering it was not the problem I just get a message upon loading Disgaea 2 that it won't let me access the new content although it doesn't tell me why. I google searched it and it said a firmware update broke it so it wouldn't work on the vita whatsoever and they never fixed it.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 am

Xanikk999 wrote:
dood wrote:

Transfering it was not the problem I just get a message upon loading Disgaea 2 that it won't let me access the new content although it doesn't tell me why. I google searched it and it said a firmware update broke it so it wouldn't work on the vita whatsoever and they never fixed it.

Considering how Sony seems to have all but given up on the Vita I'm not surprised that they didn't fix it.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Return to “Disgaea Series”