Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
the8anarchist
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:11 pm
Location: Post apocalyptic American southwest

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby the8anarchist » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:37 pm

shut up and take my money!
"Life?! What do you mean life!?! I ain't got a life!"

GLaDOS
Peon
Peon
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 am

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby GLaDOS » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 am

So as it's now 2016, are there any more details about this release?

I'm hoping this is more than just a re-release and that some features from the other games may have been included.
.

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:05 am

It's got some (optional!) upped map textures and whatnot, and I think it's based on the PSP version of the game.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby perrandy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:09 pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 592&page=2
destructoid is saying this is a bad port and so other players on
Spoiler:
neofa-gaf

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:23 pm

perrandy wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189592&page=2
destructoid is saying this is a bad port and so other players on
Spoiler:
neofa-gaf


There have been conflicting reports apparently.

At least as far as I've managed to dig up so far, Destructoid is the only one with so many issues.

Other sites, like RPG Site and Games Nosh, have been reporting that it's fine.

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby perrandy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:24 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:
perrandy wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189592&page=2
destructoid is saying this is a bad port and so other players on
Spoiler:
neofa-gaf


There have been conflicting reports apparently.

At least as far as I've managed to dig up so far, Destructoid is the only one with so many issues.

Other sites, like RPG Site and Games Nosh, have been reporting that it's fine.
we shall see who is correct in the coming hrs and days.for the record, i want this port to succeed because if it does so new people will be exposed to these types of games and also sony will have to compete with their pricing and what have you...

User avatar
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Mo' Money, Mo' Moe
Image

insultobot
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby insultobot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:01 pm

perrandy wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
perrandy wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189592&page=2
destructoid is saying this is a bad port and so other players on
Spoiler:
neofa-gaf


There have been conflicting reports apparently.

At least as far as I've managed to dig up so far, Destructoid is the only one with so many issues.

Other sites, like RPG Site and Games Nosh, have been reporting that it's fine.
we shall see who is correct in the coming hrs and days.for the record, i want this port to succeed because if it does so new people will be exposed to these types of games and also sony will have to compete with their pricing and what have you...



It's a crapshoot. Seems like some players have zero issues, others (myself included) find the game unplayable. I'm stuck at 10 FPS. You can see a LOT more details, and many more players with concerns at the steam forums. They are blowing up with unplayable reports.

I'm running 10 FPS on
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4 GB
32 GB
Windows 7

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby perrandy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:21 pm

insultobot wrote:
perrandy wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
perrandy wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189592&page=2
destructoid is saying this is a bad port and so other players on
Spoiler:
neofa-gaf


There have been conflicting reports apparently.

At least as far as I've managed to dig up so far, Destructoid is the only one with so many issues.

Other sites, like RPG Site and Games Nosh, have been reporting that it's fine.
we shall see who is correct in the coming hrs and days.for the record, i want this port to succeed because if it does so new people will be exposed to these types of games and also sony will have to compete with their pricing and what have you...



It's a crapshoot. Seems like some players have zero issues, others (myself included) find the game unplayable. I'm stuck at 10 FPS. You can see a LOT more details, and many more players with concerns at the steam forums. They are blowing up with unplayable reports.

I'm running 10 FPS on
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4 GB
32 GB
Windows 7
wow nice computer set up you got there :shock:

User avatar
InfinityMayo
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1101
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Jaburo
Contact:

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby InfinityMayo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Super happy to see the Mega64 crew make a video for Disgaea PC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9twSVE5RgQ
Currently playing - Double Focus, Splatoon, SRW BX and Disgaea 5
Streaming - Double Focus and Touhou: Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dark Phoenix
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 am
Location: Canada

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby Dark Phoenix » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 pm

insultobot wrote:
It's a crapshoot. Seems like some players have zero issues, others (myself included) find the game unplayable. I'm stuck at 10 FPS. You can see a LOT more details, and many more players with concerns at the steam forums. They are blowing up with unplayable reports.

I'm running 10 FPS on
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4 GB
32 GB
Windows 7


I have almost exactly the same setup (GTX 970 4 GB here), and the same problem; the game runs with an insanely low framerate. Apparently, though they can't pinpoint the exact cause, a lot of people with framerate problems are using AMD FX's. It appears that the game was optimized and tested for Intel processors only (I hate when companies do that).
Image

insultobot
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby insultobot » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 pm

I opted out of the Steam Beta and now I get 60 FPS.

Hope that fixes it for you too.

Unfortunately, some folks are still having a few issues without being in the Steam Beta, but that seems to have been the MAJOR culprit for the most users.

fastmav347
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:07 am

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby fastmav347 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:22 am

Is there an ETA on when the physical goods would be shipped for the disgaea PC? I contacted customer support yesterday morning but got no response.

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby nroejb » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Luckily I had no big prolems, had to turn off vsync and the game crashed 5 or six times in my first playthrough (all but once when trying to save), but nothing serious. For the first PC adaption of a small company these problems don't seem to stand out a lot.

It was damn time for me to play Disgaea 1 once again, plot and story telling are the best of the whole series there.

User avatar
The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:17 pm
Location: Lurking in the depths of this forum.

Re: Disgaea coming to PC (Steam) in 2016!

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:22 am

They have since posted a patch that makes the game work fine for most players. I had the standard issues, and the patch fixed them completely.

...But it seems that whatever the patch did took Cave of Ordeals 3 (Y'know, the most important grinding map) out behind the shed and shot it. And switched the Hit and Int stats on the new UI during character creation. (So until it gets fixed, Mages will want to put their bonus points into what looks like Hit.)
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.


...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)


Return to “Disgaea Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests