Is there a game that has every single character?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
jirachiband
Peon
Peon

Is there a game that has every single character?

Postby jirachiband » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:45 pm

I was wondering if any of the games had all of the characters introduced so far in it. I highly doubt it, but I just thought I'd ask.
Since there probably isn't, which game has the most of them? I've only played 1 (DS) and 2 (psp) but just started 3. And any character counts, even the minor characters like Jennifer, Kurtis, mid boss, Kyoko and Asoka, etc. And other nis characters like Prierre, Eclair, Gig, Marona, etc.

sharinganerror
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Is there a game that has every single character?

Postby sharinganerror » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Absence of Detention(pretending 4's dlc didn't exist) Would've been the closest from what I've played.

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:17 pm

No, there are a number of rather obscure characters that have never appeared outside of their game, and others that only appeared once as DLC.

At the time it was released, Disgaea 3 was the most comprehensive, having a representative, and usually more than one from every side-game in the series, and having every story character from each Disgaea. For reference, this was the only time Tink, Yukimaru, Taro, Hanako, Revya, Hero Prinny, and Aramis appeared outside of their own game, and the last time Marjoly, and the Defenders of Earth5, and Book Zetta appeared outside of their own game.

However, as of now, Disgaea Dimension 2 probably has the most comprehensive, though it has no representative from Rhapsody, Z.H.P, Prinny, or a few others, and non-main characters are unheard of. Of note, Eclair, Plume, Marona, Gig, Ash, and Lilliel do not reappear in Disgaea 5.
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby nroejb » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:59 am

Slight correction to the post above, Hero Prinny also appears in Phantom Brave (PSP).

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:24 am

nroejb wrote:Slight correction to the post above, Hero Prinny also appears in Phantom Brave (PSP).

Right you are! I totally forgot about that. I also forgot to mention Kogure in Disgaea 3. Not that we ever got his game, but...
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

Return to “Disgaea Series”