Help with Disgaea 4 (ps3)

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
Dragonstitch
Peon
Peon

Help with Disgaea 4 (ps3)

Postby Dragonstitch » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:07 pm

So I ended up taking a break from playing for a while. I tried to load my save today but it is telling me I have unauthorized content even though I bought all the DLC in back when they were first released . What can I do to fix this? I am sorry if this is the wrong board for for this problem.

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Help with Disgaea 4 (ps3)

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:46 pm

While I'm neither a tech nor troubleshooting whiz, I can at least try to run a few ideas past, see if anything sticks when I toss it. Keep in mind, I am completely poking at (semi)random here.

Are you using a PS3 other than the one you originally downloaded the content from? If so, have you downloaded the DLC again on that PS3?

Have you checked to make sure all the patches and system updates are up to date?

Is the data currently on some form of external storage, from which it did not originate?

Have you possibly deleted dlc or update data, either when attempting to clear "useless" space, when attempting to un-fix the shop glitch, or else by complete accident?

Are you using a profile assigned to a different PSN account than the profile that originally downloaded the dlc?

If you kept multiple save files, you could check to see how far back you can go until you can load, then see if that offers any insight. For this reason, I always make an extra save after applying DLC for such troubleshooting and narrowing down the problem.

You could try re-downloading the dlc, and see if that fixes it.

Hopefully, something I said can bring you a step closer to figuring out what to do, or at least help figure out what isn't the problem. This is a decent enough place to post questions related to technical difficulties, though these forums are a bit quiet lately.
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

Return to “Disgaea Series”