lets see what happens in spring training

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
lw789
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

lets see what happens in spring training

Postby lw789 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 pm

SEATTLE -- Jack Zduriencik does not see the Seattle Mariners making another splash signing before the start of spring training after an off-season of big moves highlighted by the signing of second baseman Robinson Cano. What he would like to acquire is another veteran pitcher to add to a starting rotation that has a pair of aces at the top and then a handful of promising prospects behind them without much major league experience. "I dont suspect well make a major move but we hopefully will do a couple of things that will be tweaks that help the club certainly for this year," Zduriencik said Thursday. How the rotation gets filled out will be one of the major questions when Seattle reports for spring training in the middle of February. Pitchers and catchers will be on the field Feb. 13 and the first full squad workout is Feb. 18. Seattle has the top of its rotation settled with former AL Cy Young winner Felix Hernandez and Hisashi Iwkuama forming a formidable combo. But the bridge between that pair and some of the youngsters Seattle would like to see take the final spots in the rotation is the question. Asked if he was comfortable with how his rotation sits, Zduriencik said, "not tremendously." "I think there is certainly potential there. There are some things that have to come together. When youre placing a lot of faith and trust in young kids that have very short windows of success, thats risky," Zduriencik said. "I will say that theyre talented but how quickly they become legitimate major leaguers, is yet to be seen. There may be opportunities for us in the next period of time, few days or so, maybe well be able to add something to it." Manager Lloyd McClendon said he would be disappointed if top prospect Taijuan Walker didnt make the rotation out of spring training, but hes expected to contend with James Paxton, Erasmo Ramirez and Brandon Maurer for one of those final spots. There is not a higher-regarded prospect in the Mariners system than Walker. He was described by Zduriencik as the best athlete in the entire organization and he called his brief call-up at the end of last season "short and impressive." Walker made three starts for Seattle last season, going 1-0 with a 3.40 ERA. He struck out 12 batters in 15 innings pitched in his major league debut. "Hes young, hes talented, hes got a ton of ability. He has to acclimate himself to being a big league starting pitcher," Zduriencik said. "How quickly that comes, I dont know. Everybody is different." Aside from the rotation, Seattle also has significant questions about how its outfield will shake out, specifically centre field. The Mariners are hopeful that newly acquired outfielders Logan Morrison and Corey Hart are healthy enough to be regulars at the corner outfield spots. That leaves centre field jumbled with Dustin Ackley, Michael Saunders and Franklin Gutierrez as options. "As we roll into spring training its all up to them," Zduriencik said. "I cant tell you who the centre fielder is going to be. I can tell you who the candidates are. I cant tell you who the left fielder is going to be. I can tell you who the candidates are. ... If were going to be a really good ball club, lets see what happens in spring training. Its up to them." Joonas Donskoi Jersey . The Major League Soccer teams were scheduled to play on Saturday night, but their game was rescheduled after Stu Tudor was hit during a pregame storm. The 54-year-old lieutenant in the Columbus Fire Department is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the Ohio State Medical Center. Aaron Dell Jersey . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/lo ... re-jersey/. -- Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias says he has stress fractures in both legs and isnt sure when hell be able to play again, leaving the Tigers two weeks to fill his spot for opening day and perhaps a lot longer. Chris Tierney Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. Melker Karlsson Jersey . It was just time for him to make a big play. Nicolas Batum had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Wesley Matthews scored 18 points, and the Trail Blazers overcame poor-shooting nights by two of their best players in a 94-90 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday.NEW YORK, N.Y. - The regular season for the NBA Development League began Friday with two new teams, a new president and four players already called up to NBA clubs.There are a league-record 18 teams, including new entries in Westchester, New York, and Grand Rapids, Michigan. All but one team has a single affiliation with its NBA parent club.Six games were on the opening-night schedule and another seven were scheduled for Saturday, including defending champion Fort Wayne against Sioux Falls.ddddddddddddThe NBA D-Leagues 14th season is the first under new president Malcolm Turner, the former managing director of Wasserman Media Groups golf division. Each team plays 50 games and the regular season ends in early April.More than 25 per cent of current NBA players have D-League experience. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Disgaea Series”