"Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
User avatar
melody angel
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5311
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: canada don't make fun of me :(

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby melody angel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:21 pm

i always thought Etna's parents abandoned her or died.
QUEEN MELODY ANGEL

Image

can you please feed my pet lilly :D

Image

User avatar
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Location: Twilight Reality

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby Rhuen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm

melody angel wrote: i always thought Etna's parents abandoned her or died.


Parents is something Disgaea doesn't touch on outside the main cast. I don't think either Flonne's or Etna's parents are ever mentioned.

*possible spoilers ahead, beware*

Laharl:
Spoiler:
Mom dies by commiting suicide as part of some spell to save Laharl's life, his dad "dies" from chokeing (still not sure if he actually died or faked his death: We know he is Vyers, but the end does kind of make him out to be a spirit)


Adell:
Spoiler:
Both parents are revealed, and named, but he never knows they are his parents and they convince Adell to kill them, to the player this also fully reveals Adell is 100% demon (the reason he wasn't turned into one is because he already was one), and we get that sad scene with the memories coming back to his adoptive parents remembering their names and saying they will speak to Adell when he comes back.


skipping Hanako and Taro, there was no mystery there.

Rozalin:
Spoiler:
thought she was Overlord Zenon's daughter, turned out she was Overlord Zenon *means the spell at the start of the game actually did work, she just didn't know it* and only thought the fake Zenon was her father as he trapped her in a palace and spoiled her (a complacent prisoner is the easiest to control), and her parents via her reincarnation were killed when the fake Zenon destroyed the snow clan village and abducted her as a baby. Overlord Zenon's original parents are never brought up.


Mao:
Spoiler:
We know his dad, who was killed thanks to a mistake Mao made that drove him to bury these memories. game implies though he never met his mom, but other elements suggest she might have been a mortal princess from the medeval style human world connected to that Netherworld.


Don't think any other Disgaea characters have any parentage mentioned.
Last edited by Rhuen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.
Image

User avatar
Arson
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby Arson » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

I think Flonne's family was brought up and shown in the Manga. Otherwise, no, Disgaea doesn't touch on parents much.

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby vampko » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Wish I could delete this xD
Last edited by vampko on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Location: Twilight Reality

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby Rhuen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 pm

vampko wrote:
Rhuen wrote:
melody angel wrote: i always thought Etna's parents abandoned her or died.


Parents is something Disgaea doesn't touch on outside the main cast. I don't think either Flonne's or Etna's parents are ever mentioned.

Laharl:
Spoiler:
Mom dies by commiting suicide as part of some spell to save Laharl's life, his dad "dies" from chokeing (still not sure if he actually died or faked his death: We know he is Vyers, but the end does kind of make him out to be a spirit)


Adell:
Spoiler:
Both parents are revealed, and named, but he never knows they are his parents and they convince Adell to kill them, to the player this also fully reveals Adell is 100% demon (the reason he wasn't turned into one is because he already was one), and we get that sad scene with the memories coming back to his adoptive parents remembering their names and saying they will speak to Adell when he comes back.


skipping Hanako and Taro, there was no mystery there.

Rozalin:
Spoiler:
thought she was Overlord Zenon's daughter, turned out she was Overlord Zenon *means the spell at the start of the game actually did work, she just didn't know it* and only thought the fake Zenon was her father as he trapped her in a palace and spoiled her (a complacent prisoner is the easiest to control), and her parents via her reincarnation were killed when the fake Zenon destroyed the snow clan village and abducted her as a baby. Overlord Zenon's original parents are never brought up.


Mao:
Spoiler:
We know his dad, who was killed thanks to a mistake Mao made that drove him to bury these memories. game implies though he never met his mom, but other elements suggest she might have been a mortal princess from the medeval style human world connected to that Netherworld.


Don't think any other Disgaea characters have any parentage mentioned.

you MIGHT want to add some spoiler tags :|


Grandfather clause, games older than two years should be known about by their fans regarding any plot related elements so saying "spoilers" isn't something I thought about. If this were Trinity Universe I would say "spoilers ahead" and blank out the letters.
Last edited by Rhuen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby vampko » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Rhuen wrote:
Grandfather clause, games older than two years should be known about by their fans regarding any plot related elements so saying "spoilers" isn't something I thought about. If this were Trinity Universe I would say "spoilers ahead" and blank out the letters.

Dark Hero Days was released Recently, and Disgaea 3 is not that old. Plus, I think it's just kind to those who still haven't played those games. I knew everything you posted, but it would probably cause troubles for others. I mean, if it was just one little reference, sure. But all of those paragraphs involved detailing the major plots of those games. It's just common courtesy. It's not fair to assume that everyone has already played through these games. I would even put a spoiler tag on a major plot point of La Pucelle. Also, one last thing to consider, we're talking about niche gaming here, so it's even more likely that someone will happen upon that that has not yet beaten said game.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Location: Twilight Reality

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby Rhuen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 pm

vampko wrote:
Rhuen wrote:
Grandfather clause, games older than two years should be known about by their fans regarding any plot related elements so saying "spoilers" isn't something I thought about. If this were Trinity Universe I would say "spoilers ahead" and blank out the letters.

Dark Hero Days was released Recently, and Disgaea 3 is not that old. Plus, I think it's just kind to those who still haven't played those games. I knew everything you posted, but it would probably cause troubles for others. I mean, if it was just one little reference, sure. But all of those paragraphs involved detailing the major plots of those games. It's just common courtesy. It's not fair to assume that everyone has already played through these games. I would even put a spoiler tag on a major plot point of La Pucelle. Also, one last thing to consider, we're talking about niche gaming here, so it's even more likely that someone will happen upon that that has not yet beaten said game.


hmmmm, I see your point, I havn't played Dark Hero days (then again I don't own a PSP, one reason it bothers me all these older games keep being put on just it when I would love to play them on) but I assume all the things I don't know are probably side mission stuff.

Although I should probably have even with my time limitations put a spoiler tag for Disgaea 3.

La Pucelle tactics is in my book too old to care, even if its niche, but I've had experiences with people who would go nuts if I told them how Super Mario Bros 2 ended if they hadn't played it, granted to me the whole thing is pretty generic minus a few characters and the whole Overlord Prier thing *not much of a spoiler considering her cameos as such, and its not actually part of the main story anyway: one thing I hope they cover properly at some point*
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby vampko » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am

Rhuen wrote:
vampko wrote:
Rhuen wrote:
Grandfather clause, games older than two years should be known about by their fans regarding any plot related elements so saying "spoilers" isn't something I thought about. If this were Trinity Universe I would say "spoilers ahead" and blank out the letters.

Dark Hero Days was released Recently, and Disgaea 3 is not that old. Plus, I think it's just kind to those who still haven't played those games. I knew everything you posted, but it would probably cause troubles for others. I mean, if it was just one little reference, sure. But all of those paragraphs involved detailing the major plots of those games. It's just common courtesy. It's not fair to assume that everyone has already played through these games. I would even put a spoiler tag on a major plot point of La Pucelle. Also, one last thing to consider, we're talking about niche gaming here, so it's even more likely that someone will happen upon that that has not yet beaten said game.


hmmmm, I see your point, I havn't played Dark Hero days (then again I don't own a PSP, one reason it bothers me all these older games keep being put on just it when I would love to play them on) but I assume all the things I don't know are probably side mission stuff.

Although I should probably have even with my time limitations put a spoiler tag for Disgaea 3.

La Pucelle tactics is in my book too old to care, even if its niche, but I've had experiences with people who would go nuts if I told them how Super Mario Bros 2 ended if they hadn't played it, granted to me the whole thing is pretty generic minus a few characters and the whole Overlord Prier thing *not much of a spoiler considering her cameos as such, and its not actually part of the main story anyway: one thing I hope they cover properly at some point*

yeah, i am pretty interested in learning how that happened.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dprin
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby Dprin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:42 pm

I used to call it dis-gee-ah but because I had never heard it being pronounced
Here we go dood! -hero prinny

User avatar
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Location: Twilight Reality

Re: "Disgaea"... is it REALLY that hard to pronounce??

Postby Rhuen » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 pm

I have looked up scenes and such from LaPucelle Raganarok, we might get our wish about the Overlord Prier thing *I wont say anything more so as to avoid spoilers*
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.
Image


Return to “Disgaea Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests