Disgaea series headfanon. (Possible spoilers)

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

Disgaea series headfanon. (Possible spoilers)

Postby Pinkemon » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:19 pm

ITT: You share little bits of fanon from your head that you apply to the Disgaea universe. Just for fun.

This is pretty much mine:

-Demons are so sturdy because they have a natural shield that's formed by the mana that's flowing through their bodies. When trained, demons can manipulate that shield and make objects move that are infused with their own mana. (Laharl's scarf.)
-Etna is half-succubus. She ran away from home to find a place to work because she didn't want to be a burden to her mother, who had trouble feeding them both after her husband left her. Etna doesn't like to talk about it, but she still writes letters to her mom.
-Under that gigantic dress of hers, Rozalin is probably hiding a tail. (Either that, or she lost her tail in an accident)
-Flonne has a minor fangirl crush on Axel because he sang the intro song to Prism rangers.
-Flonne will probably stay an Archangel for a while, until she eventually decides that she's happier in the netherworld and after she groomed herself a student who'd take over her position. (Also, once she gets back to the netherworld, she'll trade in her usual fallen angel outfit for a sexy short red dress with heart-garterbelts, similar to Panty's dress and Betty boop's. Just for the lulz.)
-The red markings on Laharl's back that you could see in concept art(IIRC) and in that one cutscene are actual wings and not just markings. They're just VERY tiny. *Gigglesnort*
-Once Laharl grows up a bit, he'll get a snarky, spectacled, intelligent assistant who can help take care of the boring paperwork. (Think Kyouya from Ouran highschool host club)
-Actually, talking about Laharl growing up, I have a feeling puberty would be an even more embarrassing and awkward time for him than with regular boys. It probably would involve lots of reluctant nosebleeds and antenna hair standing up.
-Somewhere out there, there's an actual goddess ancestor of demons(Lilith) who is in a deep slumber. She'll awaken when her "children" need her the most.

And that's it.
Now share yours. :3
Last edited by Pinkemon on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Re: Disgaea series headfanon. (Possible spoilers)

Postby Kazura » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Interesting~

The only headfanon I have at the moment is that angels and demons have the gift of tongues or something similar. That, or everyone just speaks the same language. Then again, Etna said something about Flonne speaking angelic language (Prima Pretty Prippanica, was it?), so...
❝ Zero is where everything starts. ❞
FF.Masterlist || Things to joss
Kazura
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Darcnova » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:13 am

The Succubus thing for Etna is pretty obvious...though I'm ASSUMING you don't want me to give info on one of your thoughts about Flonne :P
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Pinkemon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:25 am

Kazura wrote:Interesting~

The only headfanon I have at the moment is that angels and demons have the gift of tongues or something similar. That, or everyone just speaks the same language. Then again, Etna said something about Flonne speaking angelic language (Prima Pretty Prippanica, was it?), so...

Sounds plausible to me.
The language thing is indeed interesting. I believe Disgaea infinite said something about there being a universal language too, now that I think of it. It's quite an interesting thing that multiple nations full of different creatures somehow speak the same language.

Darcnova wrote:The Succubus thing for Etna is pretty obvious...though I'm ASSUMING you don't want me to give info on one of your thoughts about Flonne :P

Really? I've seen plenty of people dismiss it.

As for Flonne, I dunno dood. If it involves Disgaea 4 spoilers I've pretty much given up on avoiding those because I impulsively click on spoilers anyway, EVEN if I know it contains mind-scarring images. Image

Also, that reminds me.
Laharl's embarrassing image? It was totally this: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/p ... Harlie.jpg
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:24 am

I agree with the Etna thing I also believe Hanako and Raspberyl are also Succubi. Laharl has a crush on Flonne. Flonne will becomes the Seraph and the Netherworld and Celestia become peaceful. Laharl has very tiny wings because he's a hybrid. Shura and Serion are from True Zenon's Netherworld. Vulcanus was wronged by demons in the past. The crossover games really happened. Adell looks human because Serion made herself and Shura look human (Ears round instead of pointed. No wings) before he was concieved.
Last edited by AsukaNeumaki on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Usagi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 am

Pinkemon wrote:Laharl's embarrassing image? It was totally this: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/p ... Harlie.jpg

I remember hearing a while ago that the picture may have been Laharl with teddy bears. But this works, it works very well. :lol:
^Metlspaz made this.
(Pleinair adorer)
Usagi
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ChaosForce » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Hmmm... ok, here's some things I think:

- Celestia will have a war of its own one day between various Seraph rank angels. It will probably be its own game and have a battle system like disgaea but with a 'wacky goody good' feel. (think La Pucelle but less serious)

- The TRULY ULTIMATE OVERLORD has yet to even appear... The fact that Baal purposely seemed to try and teach Mao's group about teamwork,and his sudden vanishing from D4. Leads me to believe something BIG is coming... eventually.

- A Overlord that creates 'robo prinny' servents exists. I can imagine them shooting beaks like missiles and saying DOOD, like robots.

- Pram is going to be more powerfull then Zetta by the time shes his age.

- Asagi........WILL NEVER GET HER OWN GAME! (get over it)
ChaosForce
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:10 pm

ChaosForce wrote:Hmmm... ok, here's some things I think:

- Celestia will have a war of its own one day between various Seraph rank angels. It will probably be its own game and have a battle system like disgaea but with a 'wacky goody good' feel. (think La Pucelle but less serious)

- The TRULY ULTIMATE OVERLORD has yet to even appear... The fact that Baal purposely seemed to try and teach Mao's group about teamwork,and his sudden vanishing from D4. Leads me to believe something BIG is coming... eventually.

- A Overlord that creates 'robo prinny' servents exists. I can imagine them shooting beaks like missiles and saying DOOD, like robots.

- Pram is going to be more powerfull then Zetta by the time shes his age.

- Asagi........WILL NEVER GET HER OWN GAME! (get over it)

Um though not an Overlord Etna makes Robo Prinnys and Baal's Soul was put into Pringer X in D4. Also this topic is about headcanon not theories.
ImageImageImage
AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Darcnova » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm totally not aware of Pringer X *points at Avatar* :lol:

Some...interesting posts here, heh
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:09 am

The disease Laharl got as a child was actually a curse that made sure the person who sacrificed themselves to save their beloved from set curse would not be able to be resurrected or live simultaneously with their beloved, if they did the person who was originally cursed would die. By that I mean; Laharl would die if his mother came back to life. This is one of my personal fanons because since the first Disgaea NIS has presented tons of ways to easily resurrect people from the dead in games set in the Netherworld*, making every dead character’s death meaningless and confusing because characters just don’t seem to bother resurrecting their loved ones. I was especially confused when Mao’s dad moved on, Mao is suppose to be a genius, he should know about this thing. All of Laharl suffering after his mother death seems meaningless without this little piece of fanon to me.

* wishing to do so in Sacred Tome, make the Dark Assembly do it, exchange job title, come back as an angel etc…

I got more, I just don’t remember them right now.
Disgaea Light Novels and Artbooks Localization supporter!
Learn more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... gaeaNovels

My deviantart: http://maharl.deviantart.com/
LordLaharlsVassal
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:36 am

So this is like a fan theory thread eh, interesting. well my theories for charactres...

Etna
1. She was abonded as a child and lived on the streets till saved by the late king kricevskoy, she still secretly hopes to someday find her family
2. etna has abunch of Kirchevskoy related nicknacks hidden in a secret closet in the palace which she weekly goes to to idolize & worship.
3. Etna's worst nightmare is the netherworld running out of sweet &/or being alone (cause despite what they say.. i belive demons hate the idea of being alone.)
4. Etna is somewhat confused by her feelings for laharl at times, she genunly cares for him, but also hates him at times. She has a page in her diary where she tallies up all the good & bad things he does to decide weather she will eventually marry or kill him.
5. Etna actually has alot of other cloths to wear, but preferes Black leather because its the best looking and most effeciant in battle.

Flonne
1. Floone secretly enjoyed being a demon and still has somewhat of a mischevious streak, even as an arch-angel
2. Floone's mother is a vegetarian ( just becasuse)
3. Floone has had a crush on Seraph Lamington since she was just a lil cherub.
4. Floone has the most Anime & super sentai merch in all of the netherverse
5. Floone secretly watches laharl from celestia.

Laharl
1. he crushes on Etna & Floone even if he won't admit it.
2. Laharl is a big fan of My Little Pony Friendship is magic
3. Laharl still visits his mother & fathers grave every year on their anninversary
4. Laharl writes threatining letters to santa every year telling him he better leave him a present this time or else...but never acts on these threats
5. Laharl sneaks out to go to a karoke club and sing anime ops & eds when the stress of being overlord gets to him, lol.
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Pinkemon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:54 am

soundmonkey44 wrote:So this is like a fan theory thread eh, interesting.

Despite what one poster here said, it pretty much is.

Looking through this, I see a lot of stuff I'm agreeing with.

2. Laharl is a big fan of My Little Pony Friendship is magic

Laharl? A brony?

Oh man. That'd be the most hilarious thing ever.

Flonne: "Hey, Laharl! Look, I got myself a Pinkie Pie! Isn't she the best pony?"
Laharl: "Shut up, love freak! No one cares!"
Flonne: "Oh. Okay..."
Laharl: *Thinking* "Hmpf! Rainbow dash is better."
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 am

@Pinkamon: Yeah I just had to put that in their since over the course of the summer i've become a brony myself, lol. (Damn u Lauren Faust and your ability to take a no name toy for lil girls and make it into a legitamate cartoon series!!! DAMN U!!! lol.)

But yeah, another theory... Marona's hair isn't acutually green, she just dyes it green cause she doesnt like boring colors.

oh and Ash Floats over Marona while she sleeps like a creeper...er i mean guardian angel.
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 am

Oh one more...

The previous Seraph, Seraph Summer, her:
is totally Flonne's grandma, just saying!
Disgaea Light Novels and Artbooks Localization supporter!
Learn more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... gaeaNovels

My deviantart: http://maharl.deviantart.com/
LordLaharlsVassal
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Pinkemon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:34 am

LordLaharlsVassal wrote:Oh one more...

The previous Seraph, Seraph Summer, her:
*IMG*
is totally Flonne's grandma, just saying!

Hmm. I was thinking she was most likely Lamington's mother.

Now that we are on the subject of angels, does anyone else think angels might have a very tough upbringing? I mean, if you look at all of the angels we've seen, we've got Flonne being a love freak, and Lamington being calm and slightly excentric, and all of the other angels we see are mostly acting robotic and somewhat cold(And then there's Volcanus), with Volcano and Main character B (from Axel mode) being somewhat normal, although they also have strange quirks.

Maybe angels are sent to this really strict boarding school from when they're young, with most of them turning out to be all robotic and cold. (At least, that's the impression I got from the Celestial hosts in 1 and Raspberyl's story. There was just something about them that felt...off...)
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Next

Return to Disgaea Series