Favorite Game

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Disgaea 1
26%
Disgaea 2
15%
Makai Kingdom
3%
Phantom Brave
5%
Disgaea 3
10%
Disgaea 4
41%

Total votes: 39

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Favorite Game

Postby Seventh » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Another poll, I know, I know. Sue me, I'm curious!

This one: What's your favorite Disgaea? However, let's leave out gameplay for the moment and focus on thinks like story and characters and the like, and assume that this is an ideal world where all Disgaeas have been updated ot be on one system and can play equally or something.

So, your favorite Disgaea! Though I'll throw in Makai Kingdom and Phantom brave as honorary Disgaeas as well.

Thinking on it, as much as I like 4 - and I like it a LOT - I'd have to say... my favorite, in terms of story, setting, and character, is definitely 3.

Usagi
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Favorite Game

Postby Usagi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 am

In before "Where's La Pucelle Tactics?"

My nod goes to Disgaea 4. In my opinion, it's got a good story, the best supporting cast, and unlike other Disgaeas, the focus isn't hopelessly distracted by an MC that acts on a passing whim.
^Metlspaz made this.
(Pleinair adorer)

Vallard
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Vallard » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 am

Disgaea 4/Phantom Brave.

But, my vote goes to Disgaea 4.
My main language isn't english, so sorry If I say something wrong.

Exodus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Exodus » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:16 am

Where's La Pucelle Tactics?

Yajirobe
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Yajirobe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:54 am

Where's
Spoiler:
Call of Duty: Black Ops?

I'm sorry, that was terrible of me..
I hate those games.

Disgaea 4 wins it for me, but Disgaea 1 will always be nostalgic :p
Support Avatar's for EU! Or suffer the wrath of FlonneZilla!
The power of love is mighty! Even giant robot mechs are powered by it. I read that in a coloring book! -- Archangel Flonne
http://niamleeson.deviantart.com/

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:16 am

D4 wins everything, gameplay wise. But story wise, D1 was the best for me.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 am

Disgaea 2 DHD all the way!
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:24 pm

D2 and D1 are awesome....
So is PB...
I have yet to play Disgaea 4...
AND WHERE's LP:T!! :o

I don't know which to choose. :(

Balance
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Balance » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm

In terms of story I REALLY like Disgaea 4's story, i'm not even done with it and the story just sucked me right on in. And of course I really love Disgaea 1 too! So it's a tie for D1 and D4 for me, but i'mma put mah vote down for D4, just because i'm a sucker for the story in D4. Phatom Brave and La Pucelle: Tatics tie for second but second doesn't matter here.

Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ghaleon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:51 am

4 all the way. And if gameplay was counted. I think I'll consider 4 still too.. Depending on how much I like the postgame (just starting now). One thing I liked about 1 was that the postgame felt relatively balanced with the main game. That prinny chapter was a nice easy intro, then the cave of ordeals started easy and gradually became harder, the human world was a great step up from the prinny world. Much too hard to just jump from one to the other without grinding or being overlevel, but not so high that it seems like you have to grind for hours to get there, etc. I just didn't get the same feeling with 2 and 3.. I hope 4 has that too. Though, so far going from wussies up to level 100 with the first stage, then level 200s (and was the boss 400? I forget) in a fairly impossible formation in enemy turboX3s and such.. yeah.. much bigger than 1's jump. Oh well.

Land of carnage, reverse pirating, etc should easily make up for that. As it is, D3 was pretty much tied with 1 for me because of its boons making up for that flaw.

But yeah, story and characters 4.
Spoiler:
Though call me a softy, I was really disappointed with how the "love" portion of the story ended. I mean it builds it up for the entire game, only to end up with pretty much nothing. I mean even val getting a title change or something like "true form" or whatever would have made it more satisfactory. But no. I mean I know Disgaea isn't a romance series or anything, but if you're going to bait the player with it for half the game, ffs, follow thru to the end. ugh.

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Meepit » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:21 am

Haha, I looked for LP:T, voted D4 when I didn't see it.

I don't know why, but I just love that game (La Pucelle). I was actually playing it earlier today, it's one of the few PS2 games I'll still fiddle with.

I think it's the art style that does it. Also, Croix is win.

Still, I'm playing way too much D4. Loving it.
PSN: MeepitVader

Lord Starfish
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Lord Starfish » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 am

...Wait... If this is the Disgaea-subforum, why are Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom included...?

Anyway, so far Disgaea 2, or more specifically Dark Hero Days, is my favourite... But seeing how I'll probably get around to start playing 4 in just a couple of days, that might soon change. Because everything I've heard about it indicates that 4 will be ungodly awesome.

Flower of the Wind
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Flower of the Wind » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Mmmmm, I really think N1 outdone themselves with Disgaea 4 honestly. B-B--but---- its rather hard to choose. They're all great. :'D mm, but I voted for D4.

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Disgaea 4 with 2 a very close second
ImageImageImage

Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ghaleon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:13 am

2 is the least popular in general I thought, but so many posters here liked it alot.. word.

I personally coudln't enjoy 2 much because it really really killed what made 1 special for me. All that post game content. yeah 2 had lots, probably even more. But the jump between finish the story and enjoy post game was BLOODY EFFING HUGE compared to 1 with its easy prinny chapter, human chapter, and gradual cave of ordeals map. in 2, I felt like I went straight from killing the level 80 boss (or whatever it was) to needing to be level 1000. I hate needless grinding, and as a disgaea fan that might make me sound stupid, but in 1 I could really enjoy the game without needless grinding very naturally until the cave of ordeals final stage (with that beefy zombie).. that really hasn't been the case since. And unlike 3 and 4, 2 didn't really offer much to compensate for that issue that 1 didn't have IMO. But yeah, to each their own, if you enjoyed 2 alot, good for you. I myself thought yukimaru was a hoot. I don't know why. Prinnies don't make me fall in love, and that "dood" gag doesn't amuse me at all. But yukimaru, AND her zams... <3.

Return to “Disgaea Series”