Favorite Game

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Disgaea 1
26%
Disgaea 2
15%
Makai Kingdom
3%
Phantom Brave
5%
Disgaea 3
10%
Disgaea 4
41%

Total votes: 39

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Favorite Game

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm

I know it's been said, but why no La: Pucelle?
besides that, probably the original Disgaea. Valvatorez and his sardines almost wins Disgaea 4 their own, but Captain Gordon combined with a Laharl with actual character depth, topped off with the original Etna just steals the show.
...Excluding a certain excluded game, of course! :mrgreen:
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

Jayce
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Jayce » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:04 am

Disgaea 1, enough said.

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:49 am

why is there no Makai Wars on the list

Joking aside Disgaea 1 really has the best characters and plot the interactions between Laharl Etna Flonne Mid boss Vulcanus Seraph Lamington and the defenders of earth are all great interactions everything felt so natural for there setting this is why it's my favorite Disgaea game also at the time the battle system was so new and fresh and different from every other SRPG or TRPG whichever you prefer

i also felt that the sidequests were very well done in Disgaea 1 the extra characters felt like an accomplishment to get compared to now where they just get tacked on as DLC
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

Return to “Disgaea Series”