Should the Next Disgaea game have a Female Lead?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Should the Next Disgaea game have a Female Lead?

Postby dood » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Palmogranite wrote:I didn't mean the female axel should be the lead haha just a side character or enemy boss.

Yeah I know but I just don't think Axel is fun as a girl.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

The7thGuard
Vassal
Vassal

Postby The7thGuard » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 pm

I'd be all for a female lead for Disgaea 5 , as long as it's a completely new character & not just Asagi , Etna , or etc.

Palmogranite
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Palmogranite » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:56 pm

I could have seen Fuka as a lead.
Image Emizel

Palmogranite
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Palmogranite » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Maybe instead of Val as lead and the political theme, It could have been Fuka as lead with a dream/nightmare theme for the game.
Image Emizel

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:20 am

Palmogranite wrote:I could have seen Fuka as a lead.

Once that DLC comes out, that will become a reality ~

I can't wait for it >_<
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:09 am

I really want the Tyrant Valvatorez chapters! Oh it's gonna be great. I also can't wait for Ash he is one of my favorite characters.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:22 am

I would hope the Disgaea 5 lead isn't a girly girl...I'd prolly get annoyed of her quickly cuz she bitches about something that's no big deal like fighting generic moths cuz she hates bugs.

Her main weapon cannot be a gun. I am tired of female gunners. I think she should use fists. Jennifer and Kyoko were the only unique female characters that had fists for me. Sapphire looked like she could've, but I gave her an axe. I'd say give her a sword because Yukimaru was the only unique female sword user I've had, but I've used 3 outta 4 main characters with swords.

I also agree that it should not be Etna, Asagi, or Pleinair (unless Sammy became a playable character.). Nisa...maybe. I might accept Nisa because she has a Prinny backpack. But I don't think they'd use a premade character for the D5 main character if it ever came to be. But D4 didn't really feel like the end to me. I don't think they would make Disgaea all fancy HD sprites once and then stop. "Let's work so hard for this and then never do it again!" I'm rambling, but that's okay because you all don't have to read this!

What's something that's never been done with a main female character before? Something new and fresh? How about a hobo?! I don't think I've ever seen a female hobo become an overlord before.

I'd also want her breasts to be moderate sized. No super mega bouncy that you want to suffocate in. No ironing board body. Just normal. Other people can do booby jokes, but not the main character because she's a hobo.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Hmm ok well I personally hate bugs to a point where I have slight phobia of them so I could only want a main character who hates bugs. For weapons I wouldn't want a female MC that uses guns either so why not just give an axe? I think it fits and isn't used to much for girls. As far as breasts go I don't really go into detail on this because stuff like that doesn't interest me but for that I would prefer it to be really REALLY flat or moderate.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:49 pm

dood wrote:Hmm ok well I personally hate bugs to a point where I have slight phobia of them so I could only want a main character who hates bugs. For weapons I wouldn't want a female MC that uses guns either so why not just give an axe? I think it fits and isn't used to much for girls. As far as breasts go I don't really go into detail on this because stuff like that doesn't interest me but for that I would prefer it to be really REALLY flat or moderate.

Fuka has an axe : D

Well, she uses a bat as well for her special moves, but she specializes in the Axe. Plus, she's also quite flat.

Yes, I am again advertising the DLC xD

I want that soooo bad. It'll be the reason I play D4 again
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Kokonoe
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Kokonoe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm

A main female character would be awesome~! I had a idea for one, what if it was Laharl's daughter from the future or something? She goes back in time to kill the person who killed Laharl because she hates the current overlord or something like that. She could also make Laharl her lackie~ I really don't know, it was just a thought.
I Nico nico need a life
---
3DS FC: 3582-8817-0453
PSN: luckydoglink
XBLive: Kokonoepuffs
NNID: KokonoePuffs
Please PM me if you add me

Usagi-Zakura
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Usagi-Zakura » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 pm

IF we get a female main character it would pretty much have to be an entirely new character. That's the thing about Disgaea, none of the main characters are actually related in any way and the only continuity we get is the appearance of cameos from other games.
I don't want to see Laharl's daughter from the future. I'm used to Laharl being a kid, thus him having a daughter would be...weird. Future or not.

Kokonoe
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Kokonoe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:13 pm

I thought it would be funny... They could act the same way and being able to see an older Laharl would cool, imo.
I Nico nico need a life
---
3DS FC: 3582-8817-0453
PSN: luckydoglink
XBLive: Kokonoepuffs
NNID: KokonoePuffs
Please PM me if you add me

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 pm

vampko wrote:
dood wrote:Hmm ok well I personally hate bugs to a point where I have slight phobia of them so I could only want a main character who hates bugs. For weapons I wouldn't want a female MC that uses guns either so why not just give an axe? I think it fits and isn't used to much for girls. As far as breasts go I don't really go into detail on this because stuff like that doesn't interest me but for that I would prefer it to be really REALLY flat or moderate.

Well, she uses a bat as well for her special moves, but she specializes in the Axe. Plus, she's also quite flat.

I want the Fuka chapters but at the same time I really don't like Fuka all that much. I really want there to be a really bad ass girly girl that uses an axe and doesn't annoy me.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 am

dood wrote:
vampko wrote:

I want the Fuka chapters but at the same time I really don't like Fuka all that much. I really want there to be a really bad ass girly girl that uses an axe and doesn't annoy me.

C3's got a character that might sorta fit that...but she's a tad mental.
Spoiler:

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:02 am

I've had more unique female axe users than I've had male. I think the only unique male axe user I've had was Fubuki. Yup, Sapphire and Fuka. That's twice as many female lumberjacks than males! :D

To be 100% honest, I don't want another Laharl female or not. One is enough. Though I'm still hoping for Disgaea 0 which is a prequel to Disgaea with Krichevskoy as the main character.

I don't want a ditsy female lead either. Dumb girls aren't attractive and I don't like to be around them unless I plan to make fun of them. Being a little silly is fine, but a straight up dumb, blonde moment every five seconds would definitely annoy me and I'd be mad at the creator's for making me have to deal with her. (Due to Sapphire's voice I thought she was dumb, but she definitely said some intelligent things.)

Also who would be the English voice actress? I would recommend Wendee Lee, but she already played two Disgaea characters and having her again I think would take away from it.

ALSO again! I want a WOMAN! Not a girl for the main lead. I want her girl who is mature is knows about the world.

And extremely random cameos would be nice. Fubuki now is your time to shine!!!

(Damn, I am so off-topic today. Please forgive me.)

Return to “Disgaea Series”