Improvements For D5

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Improvements For D5

Postby mario_0345 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Just Ideas about improvements to the current system for Disgaea 5.

Return land of Carnage opening Requirements back to D3s. Why you may ask, lets be honest D3 had probably one of the better ways to open up the Land of Carnage. All you had to do was encounter the scalper buy all of his tickets and then beat the maps, and voila you have access to the Land of Carnage. This is the better way because you still earned it but it wasn't a ridiculous challenge like it was in D2 and D4.

Duping should be a reward. This is the tricky one, but I think that being able to dupe an item should be a reward that you are able to unlock after you've completed something big like beaten Baal or Pringer X the first time, and have unlocked the Land of Carnage. It allows the game to still have it's challenge but doesn't make going in the the real deep parts of the game an exercise in frustration, it will also cut down on all the people who dupe 6000 times and then say the game is to easy. Plus when you beat someone like Baal or Pringer X you feel like you earned the right to dupe.

Class world needs to be more... focused... is the word I'm using. Any way what I'm saying is that Class World needs to rely less on the RNG. Lets be honest we use Class world for the Aptitude bonus above all else and it should become more focused on that. Instead of Aptitude points being given out at random when you go to the Class World you are allowed to select the Aptitude that you want to increase, like you are allowed to select Atk, Def,Hit,Spd,Int, Res, Mv, Jp, Throw, Skill, Evility, and just go through it, or select Aptitude and once you finish the 10th floor you are allowed to spend your Aptitude points on what you want.

Anyway those are my views on how things could be improved in D5, what are yours?

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Improvements For D5

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Well if you can only dupe after you beat Baal or Pringer X then whats the point of duping.
ImageImageImage

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 pm

That's simple to beat Pringer X unleashed and Prinny Baal of course.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Above all else...? I dunno, I use it more for passing skills and evilities around myself.

I'd like to be able to pick where the aptitudes go though.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 pm

I think there should be an image gallery! I really like come characters' battle cut-ins.

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20 am

I'd like it if the record-keeper person had a collection of cutscenes. Then you could watch one whenever. Also, when you do a new-game +, it'd be nice if it kept the scenes for the endings and stuff. It'd be pretty helpful and you could tell when you've completed all the endings~

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Redhorse wrote:I'd like it if the record-keeper person had a collection of cutscenes. Then you could watch one whenever. Also, when you do a new-game +, it'd be nice if it kept the scenes for the endings and stuff. It'd be pretty helpful and you could tell when you've completed all the endings~

Isn't there already an ending record in D4?

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Larkybroages wrote:
Redhorse wrote:I'd like it if the record-keeper person had a collection of cutscenes. Then you could watch one whenever. Also, when you do a new-game +, it'd be nice if it kept the scenes for the endings and stuff. It'd be pretty helpful and you could tell when you've completed all the endings~

Isn't there already an ending record in D4?

Yes and No. It records which endings you obtained, but you can't view them. Which would be good if some ask "Did you see the such and such Ending? I can I see it?" and your too lazy (or can't) open up YouTube and way to lazy to bother obtaining that ending again even if it doesn't take a long time. Because there are lazy people in the world.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:46 am

Maybe they should just let you rewatch cutscenes on the stage select?

Like, switch out the "skip demo" option with "rewatch demo" once you clear the stage.

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 am

Seventh wrote:

Maybe they should just let you rewatch cutscenes on the stage select?

Like, switch out the "skip demo" option with "rewatch demo" once you clear the stage.

Won't make sence with boss since they are remove and replaced, plus you'll always never be able to see the final cutscenes in the last stage that way, since it is taken out durring post-game.

linkey
Vassal
Vassal

Postby linkey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 am

D4 is just what i want *o*

Maybe a some improvements in the mapeditor and a real onlinemode (Player VS. Player).
That's all i want. Other things could be a bit better (like in the first post said: chara world) but that's not as important as a great onlinemode ^-^

earlmatthew
Peon
Peon

Postby earlmatthew » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 pm

What I want for D5 is a weapon palette/sprite switcher. All the changes at the moment seems great for me but more customization won't hurt. :D

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:26 pm

earlmatthew wrote:What I want for D5 is a weapon palette/sprite switcher. All the changes at the moment seems great for me but more customization won't hurt. :D

I agree with this! I hate seeing cool ass weapons and being like, "I will never use you again..."

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

earlmatthew wrote:What I want for D5 is a weapon palette/sprite switcher. All the changes at the moment seems great for me but more customization won't hurt. :D

That is actually being brought into Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention, so it can probably happen.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:19 pm

mario_0345 wrote:

That is actually being brought into Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention, so it can probably happen.

That's awesome! Can't wait for D3! Course it won't be awhile til I'm able to buy seeing as I have to buy a Vita first.

Return to “Disgaea Series”