Improvements For D5

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Improvements For D5

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:12 pm

On this current topic, I want the number you can send out taken back up to 16,

When was it ever 16?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:57 pm

I might be thinking of Phantom Brave, but I could have sworn the first game let you put out more than ten.
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:36 pm

I might be thinking of Phantom Brave, but I could have sworn the first game let you put out more than ten.

Nope, it's always been 10.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:03 pm

eh, eitherway I want more than ten.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:18 pm

eh, eitherway I want more than ten.

Too bad.

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Uhm this is the "improvements for D5" thread, we are all just spouting out stuff we'd like to see, there is little chance they will ever read or use any of these ideas. Anything we'd like to see happening would be by pure luck.

So your, "too bad" serves no purpose to one who already knows the likely hood of anything in this thread being done is next to nill; (plus it makes you sound like a dick) :D

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:39 pm

So your, "too bad" serves no purpose to one who already knows the likely hood of anything in this thread being done is next to nill; (plus it makes you sound like a dick)

You know what?

Too Bad. :)

Pivott
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Pivott » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Here's an idea for the revive thing.
"The revived character comes back with 40% of the sacrificed character's HP/SP and is also unable to do actions/be lifted/basically becomes a sitting target for one turn after being revived"
This way, if you use a low level character to bring back a higher level one, they'd be stuck with 1 HP/SP for a turn, so if you want your Lv.9999 back in the fight, you're gonna have to sacrifice another Lv. 9999.
It could also only be usable by some extremely high cost evility but that's debatable.

Sorry if it seems like I'm just spouting from my posterior, I just enjoy brainstorming, haha.
Huge Axel fan and aspiring artist

X_Prinny_X
Peon
Peon

Postby X_Prinny_X » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I have a few ideas but they aren't exactly "On track" if you know what I mean. I've set out a category for base, battle system, inventory system, etc.

If ANYTHING, for Disgaea 5 I would want the base map to be no more. That said, I mean I want to actually be able to move around as if it was an RPG, you know, like how other games visit new worlds, it'd be great to extend the adventures especially considering Disgaea series always have main characters on the move. When I want them to move around, I mean like how in ehhhh I dunno, lets use Star Ocean for an example. You're in a town and you explore and stock up on items and grind and stuff, BOOM! There ya go.

As for the battle system it would be awesome if they made it harder. When playing video games, most people wanna feel some tension and challenge when playing a fun game, you gotta shake things up a bit every now and then. D4 felt way too easy so imo they should add a time limit when it's your turn and it'd be swell if the maps were larger, half the time all you need to do is lift your teamates and throw them through the places if there isn't a no entry geo symbol around. And when doing an attack, characters attacks should look exactly how it should look at the persons level. And I mean that if you're level 1-20 you should do attacks where effect isn't shown but when you're close to level 100 you should see slightly improved effects and when on an OP level they should show hardcore packing blows that shake the screen and cause the controller to vibrate (make it an ON/OFF option). (This really isn't a big deal but personally, I get annoyed with them walking, they should make a option for battle speed at maximum to cause everyone to actually go running instead of speedwalking) they should make enemies more OP than usual so they could introduce a tactics system, where you change your teamates stats (more like upgrading them to a certain element, like atk, or def, int) like in final fantasy 13 you change paradigm (is that how you spell it?) And another suggestion, when two certain characters are next to each other, they should add a skill that allows them to do a unique attack where both characters can do something OP looking but not too OP because that's exaggerating too much in the beginning of the game. They should also add a skill creation system where you...you know, create your own skill. For every movement necessary to make, you would need to pay a small token, or if not, depending on how much movement or animation done to complete the skill would determine the amount of HL for the price and how long you would have to use that character to master the skill to value it as a skill, (think of how in pokemon games, you have an egg and you gotta keep it in your party and walk around until it hatches so it can be worth at least a pokemon and THEN you can start leveling it). This is just my opinion but when doing certain skills they should allow the player to interact with the skill they initiated. So if a Prinny were to do prinny barrage, they should make the player rapidly tap -insert console button- like square or x, and they shoot exactly as much as you tap. Now you can't complain about skills.

An item oraganizer would be awesome. They could really improve the inventory system by literally making several folders with their category like weapons/armor/etc. And when selling items for more room (as for me I happen to get my whole inventory bag full so quickly) they should add a more quicker way to sell items like a highlighting button to get it over with. I think I speak for everyone when I say that highlighting items to move/sell/etc would be great.

And for online features, they should keep all online features from D4 and add more, like actually having a real live battle with them. That could be like how people would go 1 on 1 in Disgaea Afternoon Of Darkness on the psp with their buddies. And they should add a tournament where players can only bring one character from their game to online tournament mode as their teamate pick out their own although you have no idea what your teamate would bring unless you message them or something, then as a team you would work together to take down your other team. And when waiting for them to take their turn, you could use your cursor to look around the area and watch what they're doing. Winners take an equal amount of CP and enemies equally lose the same amount of CP.

When doing a cutscene, I like what they've done. But at least 1 time in each chapter they should make a short anime cutscene thats nothing comical and pretty serious due to the background making it look like a real HD anime that can be unique and maybe even romantic that has no intention of bringing sense of humor, whatsoever. Unless they can really pull of a histarical moment where something just interrupts the moment and can just leave the user just smiling like.....LOL ;D.

Now obviously you guys are probably thinking that i'm just adding features already from other games and adding more to make it more superior but I don't think the majority of ideas I've thrown in would have to be exact. I could probably think of several more ideas for Battle System

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Fuck. Where to begin?

If ANYTHING, for Disgaea 5 I would want the base map to be no more. That said, I mean I want to actually be able to move around as if it was an RPG, you know, like how other games visit new worlds, it'd be great to extend the adventures especially considering Disgaea series always have main characters on the move. When I want them to move around, I mean like how in ehhhh I dunno, lets use Star Ocean for an example. You're in a town and you explore and stock up on items and grind and stuff, BOOM! There ya go.

Maybe. But the base map functions will always be necessary. And what would they do once your in post-game?

As for the battle system it would be awesome if they made it harder. When playing video games, most people wanna feel some tension and challenge when playing a fun game, you gotta shake things up a bit every now and then. D4 felt way too easy so imo they should add a time limit when it's your turn and it'd be swell if the maps were larger, half the time all you need to do is lift your teamates and throw them through the places if there isn't a no entry geo symbol around. And when doing an attack, characters attacks should look exactly how it should look at the persons level. And I mean that if you're level 1-20 you should do attacks where effect isn't shown but when you're close to level 100 you should see slightly improved effects and when on an OP level they should show hardcore packing blows that shake the screen and cause the controller to vibrate (make it an ON/OFF option). (This really isn't a big deal but personally, I get annoyed with them walking, they should make a option for battle speed at maximum to cause everyone to actually go running instead of speedwalking) they should make enemies more OP than usual so they could introduce a tactics system, where you change your teamates stats (more like upgrading them to a certain element, like atk, or def, int) like in final fantasy 13 you change paradigm (is that how you spell it?) And another suggestion, when two certain characters are next to each other, they should add a skill that allows them to do a unique attack where both characters can do something OP looking but not too OP because that's exaggerating too much in the beginning of the game. They should also add a skill creation system where you...you know, create your own skill. For every movement necessary to make, you would need to pay a small token, or if not, depending on how much movement or animation done to complete the skill would determine the amount of HL for the price and how long you would have to use that character to master the skill to value it as a skill, (think of how in pokemon games, you have an egg and you gotta keep it in your party and walk around until it hatches so it can be worth at least a pokemon and THEN you can start leveling it). This is just my opinion but when doing certain skills they should allow the player to interact with the skill they initiated. So if a Prinny were to do prinny barrage, they should make the player rapidly tap -insert console button- like square or x, and they shoot exactly as much as you tap. Now you can't complain about skills.

No. None of that. At all. Especially, no fucking Paradigms. Fuck Paradigms. Skill creation is unnecessary and beyond NIS' ability. Skill interaction is also dumb, this is an SRPG. Not a JRPG, stop trying to make it one.

An item oraganizer would be awesome. They could really improve the inventory system by literally making several folders with their category like weapons/armor/etc. And when selling items for more room (as for me I happen to get my whole inventory bag full so quickly) they should add a more quicker way to sell items like a highlighting button to get it over with. I think I speak for everyone when I say that highlighting items to move/sell/etc would be great.

I agree. Inventory management has always been a problem.

When doing a cutscene, I like what they've done. But at least 1 time in each chapter they should make a short anime cutscene thats nothing comical and pretty serious due to the background making it look like a real HD anime that can be unique and maybe even romantic that has no intention of bringing sense of humor, whatsoever. Unless they can really pull of a histarical moment where something just interrupts the moment and can just leave the user just smiling like.....LOL ;D

BlazBlue does that. And I hate it. The inconsistency just drive me nuts. And the scenes are often so short it hardly matters.

Also, NIS probably doesn't have the budget for that, and even if they did... You KNOW they'd put alot of humor in them.

X_Prinny_X
Peon
Peon

Postby X_Prinny_X » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:14 pm

True true :|
[url][/url]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/218/b/f/Laharl_In_Persona_3_by_laharlkrichevskoy.png
He's smarter than he looks, dood[color=#000000]

LazamairAMD
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LazamairAMD » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Just like Disgaea 1 introduced us to the concept of an Item World, and Disgaea 3 gave us the Class World, why not a Skill World? The goal is not to trivialize the skill store, you'll still need to visit there to obtain the skill (which may have to be proportionally higher given this mechanic), but why not use Skill World to give the +1 all the way to +9, or increase the spell critical, hit, or its overall power?

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 pm

LazamairAMD wrote:Just like Disgaea 1 introduced us to the concept of an Item World, and Disgaea 3 gave us the Class World, why not a Skill World? The goal is not to trivialize the skill store, you'll still need to visit there to obtain the skill (which may have to be proportionally higher given this mechanic), but why not use Skill World to give the +1 all the way to +9, or increase the spell critical, hit, or its overall power?

That's kind of what the Class/Chara World does already, more or less.

I think an individual world for skills is just over-complicating things. Plus, it gives Mana less uses, unless you want their to be like a "mana cost" to enter the "Skill World", but I just see that as redundant and again, over-complicated.

LazamairAMD
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LazamairAMD » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:34 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
LazamairAMD wrote:Just like Disgaea 1 introduced us to the concept of an Item World, and Disgaea 3 gave us the Class World, why not a Skill World? The goal is not to trivialize the skill store, you'll still need to visit there to obtain the skill (which may have to be proportionally higher given this mechanic), but why not use Skill World to give the +1 all the way to +9, or increase the spell critical, hit, or its overall power?

I think an individual world for skills is just over-complicating things. Plus, it gives Mana less uses, unless you want their to be like a "mana cost" to enter the "Skill World", but I just see that as redundant and again, over-complicated.

Fair enough...

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:37 pm

LazamairAMD wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

Fair enough...

Hey, man. Not trying to shoot down your ideas without merit here. I'm just savvy to game design that way.

Return to “Disgaea Series”