Improvements For D5

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Improvements For D5

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 pm

The Sneaky Prinny wrote:The Item duping seems to come up a lot. I've found that duping items for their own sake is rarely time effective. Duping the innocents inside the item however is very helpful, so why not just cut out item duping and include a (relatively) easy way to dupe innocents instead? I never really used the innocent path in the item world, but if for every item general/king/god kill a subdued innocent got copied instead, that would be a real consideration. It would not be too OP'd early on, as an extra 20 attack from a gladiator would help, but not destroy the game balence, while later on it could be a godsend since you will be reliebly getting a 300 statistician every 10 minutes or so. It would still be up to the player to get their 3 maxed, rarity-matched trapz, but stacking them with the innocents would be less of a time-sucking chore.

On an unrelated note, Unique monster-types at least need 4 skills like the other monsters do, maybe a forth skill for all uniques.

Bringing back all the older classes would be nice too, even if it was a lot of work (I miss some of the cooler D1 monsters, like Manticores, Pumpkin guys, and Land Sharks! :cry: ) some of the very similar classes could simply be alternitive designs for the same class, similar to the gender swap with R2 someone else brought up. Examples include EDF soldiers and power suits, Majin and Androids, or Mothmen and Winged. (possibly even human-overlord Priere, hmm? :shock: )

Lastly, i'd like to see some interaction between your characters at the classroom/cam-pain equivilant. you can already talk to your characters, how 'bout letting them talk to eath other? think of the possibilities! mushrooms chatting up knights, professors questioning ghosts, dragons making wimpy characters wet themselves! It could easily be incorperated with the any base control character previously mentioned. This would create an enormous pool of diologue to create, but it's possible.

the def. problem could be fixed with an evility that re-orders def. calculation (Galactic Demons, perhaps?)

Side conversations in the base might be nice, Mugen Souls does that and while I don't think they have enough of them, it is something I would be interested in Disgaea doing.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:21 am

Maybe a good/bad system. Not for the actual story but for the characters in the base. Depending on what you say they will react to things, you, and their environment.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 am

dood wrote:Maybe a good/bad system. Not for the actual story but for the characters in the base. Depending on what you say they will react to things, you, and their environment.

I'd rather they just put the damn ally-kill counter back in.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
dood wrote:Maybe a good/bad system. Not for the actual story but for the characters in the base. Depending on what you say they will react to things, you, and their environment.

I didn't mind the Ally-Kill counter to be honest, made things more challenging for those who wanted to get the good/normal ending.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm

BleachBummer wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

I didn't mind the Ally-Kill counter to be honest, made things more challenging for those who wanted to get the good/normal ending.

Yeah, I was disappointed by D4's lack of a bad endings.

BleachBummer
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BleachBummer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

I honestly didn't mind it, though it could of made things a little more challenge to players like me who go for the best ending on their first try. Then again, not getting ally kills isn't too hard except in the first game where you can't throw your Prinnys,

And in D2 didn't they restrict Ally Kills to only Adell?

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:45 pm

BleachBummer wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
BleachBummer wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

I honestly didn't mind it, though it could of made things a little more challenge to players like me who go for the best ending on their first try. Then again, not getting ally kills isn't too hard except in the first game where you can't throw your Prinnys,

And in D2 didn't they restrict Ally Kills to only Adell?

It's not really about difficulty.

the8anarchist
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby the8anarchist » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:06 pm

do you think they'll retain the infinite* item general/king/god kills in 5?

would be incredibly easy to break the first few chapters by unlocking the chara world and farm gencys to farm x0 lvls over and over

* as a side note its not truly infinite the cap for any item on stats is 2.1 million, but is also limited by item lvl, as i found out the hard way today, lvl 202 trap caped at 1.2 million
"Life?! What do you mean life!?! I ain't got a life!"

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:09 am

ZekeFreek wrote:

I'll take those back any day as long as there are bad endings. I loved the bad endings.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Drunk-orange
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Drunk-orange » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 pm

The only suggestion that comes to mind is abilities animation. I'm truly thankful that they allow to skip abilities, but sometimes I feel a little guilty having this feature off (only turn it off while grinding or in the item world) so I feel that if there was a faster animation option (lets say by pressing the square button during the animation) it gives you a faster version of the spell or ability in action. I'm not sure if everyone here has playing Final Fantasy IX, but in this game they had a long version for the summons/eidolons and a short version. This is sort of represents what I'm trying to explain, the only difference is that you have control of when you get to watch the long or short version.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:38 pm

I would love to see a weapon changer, like you can change the characters colour so you can change your Rank40 Weapon into one of those funny items or even a legendary lower item that looks good. There are a lot of good modells ingame that i cant use because i want max stats :P.
So a changer for the weapons would be nice :3. Of course only these weapons you collected or brought from the changer, same as the colours.

Of course, stronger defenses maybe and more unique innocents and costumaisation for your characters, like more voices, around 5. But stronger defenses and tactics would be fun.

In addition, I WANT MORE STORY, DOOD! :D
I love the story of every game, even if some characters are bit annoying sometimes (Sardines x:.). But i definitly want more story, like 20 chapters plus the additional dlc of like 10 chapters or something. We have a level Range of 9999 and could even increase that if we want to, so why not reach the endboss of the story with level 1000 o.O.

Sure, more online features and more pirate data, 3 is kinda..., well not fun. I want to make around 10, 5 enemy forces and 5 support forces with funny setups like status ailiments or such things xD.

Mhm, maybe better Skill animations. I love the style, but i would love to see smooth edges and such, just a visual improvement and not a change in style =).

NIS, just make Disgaea bigger, better and more awesome!!!
We dont mind a story around 20-30 chapters with a gametime around 70/80 hours, even with changing routes, missing friends (or chances where you can hold them back and change the story route a bit, not much but a slight bit, giving you the chance to but in an extra chapter with 5 new maps in a new world or enviroment)(Reminds me of Disgaea Infinite with the routes).

Disgaea is definitly one of the best games i picked up :>.
Anecdote: I found Disgaea 2 for the Playstation 2 at Gamestop for 10 Euro, nobody wanted it, it was in english but i brought it because it looked fun. I WAS RIGHT =D.
Now i have more then 100 hours of gametime on every title (first one 400 hours x:.).

Well, cheers, Chamaeleonx =)

P.S.: Would love to see some of my changes :3.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:25 am

Bring back the "select next ally with actions left" button! Where did that go, that is so useful! I don't want to cycle through all my deployed characters and my base panel searching for that one possibility before I hit End Turn, augh...

And I know it's a pipe dream, but I wish the internet features weren't gimped and broken due to babies. Slap on a "online experience may differ" warning, an opt-out censor option, incorporate parental controls, or let the playerbase moderate the content themselves, or something, anything. I want to see dicks and swears and swastikas along with my meaningful interactions and creative imaginings. I can take it, I'm not going to be angry at NISA/xXw33d-gr1nd4Xx/The World if someone's idea of a funny joke is an undirected textual insult.

I name each of my characters, and a bunch of my items, but none of that matters. I look at Japan's freeform map editor and just lose any motivation to move presets around into one of several patterns.

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 am

the game industrys regulations confuse the hell out of me especially when 1 company is allowed to do stuff in NA and another is not iive played wkc which had make your own geo town and there was colored crates boxes which were DLC yes you could stack them and you could visit other peoples towns i have seen some cool pixel art
ive seen kirby tonberrys moogles black mages
i also seen some other stuff like curse words but they were directed at the devs because the devs dont feel like translating content and are feeding us lies that its japanese only content though thats off topic

on topic id like a skill viewer after you seen the animation you can go to your dara shop and view the skills
id alslike the data shop to have a scene viewer like tales games has and since most of disgaeas scenes can be considered skits id say that should be easy to implement
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 am

Etna_Uchiha wrote:the game industrys regulations confuse the hell out of me especially when 1 company is allowed to do stuff in NA and another is not iive played wkc which had make your own geo town and there was colored crates boxes which were DLC yes you could stack them and you could visit other peoples towns i have seen some cool pixel art
ive seen kirby tonberrys moogles black mages
i also seen some other stuff like curse words but they were directed at the devs because the devs dont feel like translating content and are feeding us lies that its japanese only content though thats off topic

on topic id like a skill viewer after you seen the animation you can go to your dara shop and view the skills
id alslike the data shop to have a scene viewer like tales games has and since most of disgaeas scenes can be considered skits id say that should be easy to implement

I agree with the viewer idea but please use correct grammar.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:46 am

Its true, our Editor is kinda cut down in comparison to the editor from japan. More online features would be great, even things you can use on low level or are scaled down. If they can scale it up in LoC then im sure they can scale it down to appeal to newcomers that run through story and want to take a break or just grind on random player maps.
Still im grateful for the new features they implemented in Disgaea 4 =).

Anything else, look my post above xD.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Return to “Disgaea Series”