European Online Store - Press Release (July 3rd, 2014)

This is where we post official messageboard announcements.
mejaggie
Overlord
Overlord

European Online Store - Press Release (July 3rd, 2014)

Postby mejaggie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

We have officially launched our European Online Store on July 1st. We appreciate your patience as we transition into this exciting phase. Please read more on this in our Press Release here.

Thank you~

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Re: European Online Store - Press Release (July 3rd, 2014)

Postby Gradon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Sorry to say but this changes nothing. We are aware the European store was in our best interests but with regional inflated prices and ridiculous shopping costs it's going to take a lot to convince many people to jump on board.

This has been discussed in several places already though, and I'm just writing to let you know it's still a problem. Many would rather you scrap the EU store in favour of keeping the international orders on the US store.

Any who I am personally ordering my US LE of Fairy Fencer from Play Asia than be taken advantage of for the same item at a 40% increase.

108Stars
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby 108Stars » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 am

I find it disappointing that NISA does not even acknowledge the real problem in the press release. And that is not lack of anime merchanise, but overpriced items.

Tenerezza
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Tenerezza » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:42 am

Better service? Is this a promise that you will release all previously missing DLC's and content in Scandinavia? As well as promising to release every new one from this time on? ( And we still even lack some DLC from newer games that's just weeks old as well )

Sadly I won't believe it before it happens, not to mention the prices in the store is just so absurd I'm no longer buying collectors editions. So in the end I'll be importing them from other stores as I do not believe you will hold up the promise of better service.

Mao Kag
Majin
Majin

Postby Mao Kag » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:55 pm

its true some of your online stuff should be less pricy then in normal store after all we have to pay for the shipping when we dont live in the country your shipping it from...

at less your game price are reasonable that all i can say up to now

Tohka
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Tohka » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:37 pm

US Store
Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition with Beanie $74.99 about £43.70

Europe Store
Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition with Beanie £69.99 about $120.03

It would be cheaper to import it yourself than using this store.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Tenerezza wrote:Better service? Is this a promise that you will release all previously missing DLC's and content in Scandinavia? As well as promising to release every new one from this time on? ( And we still even lack some DLC from newer games that's just weeks old as well )

We actually have been going back and adding old DLC, and all modern game DLC is being released in every region. If new game DLC isn't showing up in your region, there must be some kind of system-level issue happening that we'll have to talk with Sony about.

Temuthril
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Temuthril » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Just don't ban EU customers from the US store.
Carrot, not the stick. That's all.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:23 pm

I suppose what you have to consider is that if their stuff was popular enough over here they would be able to bring more over from where the stuff is created/produced, the more they sell the cheaper it would get because they wouldnt have to guess how much they need to ship over to the EU, at present they have to make it more expensive to cover the costs of shipping over to the EU a relatively small amount of merchandise compared to what a popular set of items in the EU would ship over in total, as such for now it will be more expensive but if this plan plays through, I wager at the very least we would get some fair prices after their items have gained more popularity but that's just me taking a random stab in the dark, I'm not saying any of that is true I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, you know the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead doods. :lol:
They didn't make me a prinny for my explosive personality dood's -_-

Memor-X
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Memor-X » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Steilon wrote:I suppose what you have to consider is that if their stuff was popular enough over here they would be able to bring more over from where the stuff is created/produced, the more they sell the cheaper it would get because they wouldnt have to guess how much they need to ship over to the EU, at present they have to make it more expensive to cover the costs of shipping over to the EU a relatively small amount of merchandise compared to what a popular set of items in the EU would ship over in total, as such for now it will be more expensive but if this plan plays through, I wager at the very least we would get some fair prices after their items have gained more popularity but that's just me taking a random stab in the dark, I'm not saying any of that is true I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, you know the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead doods. :lol:

yeh that wont happen with prices as they are, All the European store does is make the NISA Online Store Exclusive Limited Editions for games in PAL Format, Only nintendo retains region locking (DVD/BluRay while region locked can be circumvented by buying region free players which are cheap anyway) so the only game coming out that Europeans will have problem with is Shin Megami Tensei Persona Q on the 3DS.

DLC for PS3/PS4/PSVita games are just locked to the region the game is from but the games themselves are region free (unless enforced by devs which Shin Megami Persona 4 Arena i am sure was because of the multiplayer matchmaking), NISA can fix the DLC thing by selling stylized PSN US Voucher Cards which end up being collectable, so you could get Etna subjugating her Prinny's, Rorona being "experimented" on by Astrid and Fem-Hom, White Heart and Green Heart staring each other off and a speech bubble of White Heart calling Green Heart Thunder Tits, a Cute Chou Chou and Baleria hugging each other with their representative Shampooru or Chou Chou with an army of Shampooru in the background yelling "In the name of the universally supreme, ultimate, undisputed godly goddess of all things" (or any other overly long variant of Chou Chou's title which kept getting longer ingame), and i wouldn't mind paying more than the voucher value for those on top of postage

.....ofcause any shoujo ai/yuri item i'd be "Just shut up and take my money!" and Mugen Souls/Atelier Arland/Hyperdimension Neptunia is perfect for it
Vivio: Yay, Feito-mama and Nanoha-mana made love, properly too this time
Nanoha: Vivio dear, what gives you that idea
Vivio: Aunty Hayate said you'd yell out like when i yell out replying "I'm Coming!" to you
Nanoha: Ha-ya-TEEEE!

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Persona 4 Arena was region-locked to stop the cheaper NA copies being imported into Japan as it was fully dual-language and near-simultaneous release.
The online matchmaking was global.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:11 am

So is that it? I can't believe there hasn't been any official word on this yet.

Are you guys hoping this blows over?
Saying you are always willing to improve and completely ignoring customers concerns with the store.

I'm just gonna leave an example here. When there is customer outcry the company can decide to ignore their fan base or admit they're wrong, or at least completely clarify why they made their decision that outraged fans.

Sony and Microsoft come to mind; Microsoft completely went back o their drm scheme for the Xbox one because customers weren't happy in the slightest. Sony announced that if you bought Driveclub on ps+for about £50 you would loose it after your plus runs out, they apologised and changed the policy after fans kicked off.

And then there's explaining why you chose to do what you did, which you've done several times on this forum over lots of issues such as censorship and content issues. But you're not even doing that.

I don't want to sound so angry and antagonising to you guys since your one of my favourite companies, but come on guys, at least make a statement this is beyond ridiculous.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 am

They have been at a convention last week and I doubt it's going to change as quickly as in a few days.
I'm willing to give them a week or two.
After that, the reminders of their silence probably can come out.
Silence is one of the worst kind of responses a company can make really, as it makes it look like they don't care and/or are hoping for it to just blow over and everyone will forget about it.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:39 am

your prices are outrageous

i'm going to tell you the same thing i told capcom
we customers are Entitled ... Entitled to our wallets that is and Entitled to how we spend our wallets
if you don't like it well you have two option actually listen to us fans or ignore us fans just like Capcom did where did that leave them well it made them from being a billion dollar company to only having 152 million
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

Return to “Announcements”