Fighting on the forums

This is where we post official messageboard announcements.
robbie
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Fighting on the forums

Postby robbie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:35 am

I don't like moderating posts and I don't like banning users, but I really don't like people using the forums to bash each other or ruin other people's topics. Just a warning to future abusers. I'm pretty lenient as long as you're not spamming, but try and respect each other, even if you don't like each other. Thanks!

Ajikage
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Fighting on the forums

Postby Ajikage » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Hey, I made a post in this thread before!

Thanks for deleting it without notification! :p
Not seeing what went wrong really helps me to improve my posting habits! :lol:

Ha, just kidding. I'm pretty sure it was spam saying it was the first reply in a four-month old thread. A pretty funny response in my opinion, given the opening message. Which humor-less monster deleted it?

Lyner?! ...I knew it.(Ha, just kidding Lyner.) :lol:

But I think other posts of mine have been deleted for Mod knows why.
It'd really be nice to know where one goes wrong to better resolve issues...
I prefer to know I screwed up so I can apologize for mistakes than to never know at all. Not being told is like...having the moderators play the wife in the relationship.
"YOU know what you did!"

Now for helpful advice, if I may be so bold.
Running off to moderators is useful and all, but it won't always remove tension between posters. If it's blatantly against the rules, it'd be best to go straight to a mod, but if it lies on questionable ground, try resolving issues via PM first. If it works, better than the removal of posts or one side suffering banishment and three days of deep depression. (Don't ask.) If it doesn't, then trouble a moderator. Preferably Lyner. Regarding his increased workload, tell him the referral came from me. Say, "From Ajikage with love." Or something. :mrgreen:

Actually, I don't make the rules... Perhaps I shouldn't be posting here, but it's not like the option's disabled...
I'll get off my 300-pixel tall signature now. ^.^;

PerryComo
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Fighting on the forums

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Announcements”