Anime Anime Anime!

This is where we post official messageboard announcements.
robbie
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Anime Anime Anime!

Postby robbie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey everybody, we just launched our new Anime section! We're starting off with Toradora! and PERSONA -trinity soul-. I've created a new Anime General Chat and new title-specific forums. You can view the websites at the following links:

New Anime Section
http://nisamerica.com/anime

Toradora! Website
http://nisamerica.com/toradora

PERSONA -trinity soul- Website
http://nisamerica.com/persona

Enjoy! If you're a fan of anime, I think you'll really like these titles. We watched sooooo many candidates before picking the titles to publish!

As usual, thank you so much for your support!

Tratious
Peon
Peon

Re: Anime Anime Anime!

Postby Tratious » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 pm

thanks for the heads up!
Toradora! Pre-ordered!

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks Robbie! I'll try to pre-order Toradora as soon as I can get the funds to...one quick question though...wheres the pandora Hearts Page? (thats the one I'm Looking Foward to the most!)
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

Dur
Peon
Peon

Postby Dur » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 pm

soundmonkey44 wrote:Thanks Robbie! I'll try to pre-order Toradora as soon as I can get the funds to...one quick question though...wheres the pandora Hearts Page? (thats the one I'm Looking Foward to the most!)

same same. Looking for pandora hearts x3 but then again i cant afford it now...but id die with out getting the limited editon.

Let the war begin. lol jk

The_Other_M
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby The_Other_M » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:04 am

Kinda disappointed that none these series are dubbed in english, guess Funimation and Viz are still the ONLY ones with enough money to dub anime.

Oh well..... still getting them though.
Also still waiting for Pandora Hearts & Our Home's Fox Deity to be annouced for pre-order.
Acts of Man are better than Acts of God - Capt. Misato Katsuragi ,Neon Genesis Evangelion

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:38 am

will this anime be available to rent through netflix? i am asking because my economic situation is pretty awful to buy both games and anime at the same time. i just dont have the means,sry :(

robbie
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby robbie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 am

The_Other_M wrote:Kinda disappointed that none these series are dubbed in english, guess Funimation and Viz are still the ONLY ones with enough money to dub anime.

Oh well..... still getting them though.
Also still waiting for Pandora Hearts & Our Home's Fox Deity to be annouced for pre-order.

We would have loved to dub the anime, but it's extremely expensive. For quality voice-acting it would have cost us something like $10k an episode * 25 episodes * 4 anime titles = one million dollars (my pinky is in the corner of my mouth). If our anime project goes well, though, that might be a possibility in the future! Don't quote me on this because there might have been other forces at play here, but I'm guessing it was mostly a financial decision.

I've watched a ton of anime and the only series (there are a few movies too) that I thought really made an improvement with an English dub was Fullmetal Alchemist. There are just so many reasons why the Japanese voices are usually better. Anime is more successful in Japan, the stories are written for and by Japanese people, and so on...

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am

I would also like to see them dubbed in the future. If I like the story that is usually the final factor on whether I buy it or not, usually resulting in not if it's not dubbed. I understand that it's expensive, but for personal factors mainly resting on eyesight, I prefer them being dubbed.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Raugion
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Raugion » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Going to pre-order Toradora. I don't care about the dubs since I prefer the Japanese voices anyway. I'm glad to see it's not the 60 for each like it sounded like on ANN.
I'm not sure whether to be impressed with your tenacity, or amazed by your stupididy at this point. . .

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:44 pm

I agree with the dubs thing, I know their expensive Robbie, but I mean, C'mon Pandora Hearts is in Victorian Europe/England....it just Screaming DUB ME!!! (Eventually, when you have the time/money that is.) as for shows that sound better dubbed I would add Cowboy Bebop & Black Lagoon to that list as well, Personally I prefere Anime that take place in sci-fi or non-japanese settings in english & shows that do, like Lucky star, Toradora Etc, in japanese. but that may just be me.

But yea, Still glad you guys are doing anime (maybe you can do Manga *Cough Disgaea 2 cough* & Light Novels *cough Disgaea Light Novels cough* someday as well!

and again will deffinantly pre-order Toradaora & Pandora Hearts as soon as I have enough Money saved up (so probably some time late april...early may, lol!)
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:49 pm

yeah, not dubbing the animes is just a wrong move in my opinion. why? because anime its a niche hobbie and lets face it there are ppl that will pass this because the japanese will turn them off.dvds sell much better when dubbed rather than sun-only. if not just ask funimation!

jlskun
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby jlskun » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:18 pm

perrandy wrote:yeah, not dubbing the animes is just a wrong move in my opinion. why?
because anime its a niche hobbie ...

It's because its a niche hobby that anime, unless its the next shounen hit, should be sub-only.

Why spend $250,000 (25x10k) on an English dub and sell it at $60 for 13 episodes then x2 because thats how many sets it would be, not including discounts. They would need to sell almost 8,300 copies to break even. There is no possible way of that working especially in this market. It would be corporate suicide. I don't see those numbers happening, neither does NISA.

Funimation is a totally different case, they have a strong parent company and as long as Navarre thrives, Funimation can thrive. They also have an in-house dubbing studio. They also don't have to deal with unions. They have it relatively easy and can do them at a significantly lesser cost.

That said, I've preordered both of these and eagerly await them. Its good to see new blood in this market in these rough times.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm not all that interested in NISA doing Anime.... :|

I just hope NISA doesn't pass over localizing more Gust and NIS japan games in favor of more animes... :?

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 am

I personally think most anime should be kept in its original form unless you're watching something that doesn't take place in Japan. Yes, while dubbing makes it sometimes easier to understand, it doesn't always give you same emotional feelings when you have it in another language. That's why I usually prefer the Japanese first over anything else(sometimes even over my native language), as robbie said.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 am

Not sure what so many people have against dubs. While in Japanese or whatever the native language is it does sound nice, but since I don't speak it I lose some of the feeling. While in English I can hear the feeling that match the words that I understand. I'm not saying I never like to watch things in their native language, but English dubs are usually not half as bad as people make them out to be.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Return to “Announcements”