What to do..

Official Phantom Brave (PS2) and Phantom Brave: We Meet Again (Wii) Discussion Forum
versace
New Vassal
New Vassal

What to do..

Postby versace » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Ive been using marona as a healer ( and more recently trying a bit of time magic for offense) and, untill recently, monsters have mostly ignored her. Now, however, she is like a prime target. im considering just giving her a mace or rock for the Def boost, but she wouldnt be quite as usefull then..does anyone have any ideas for what to do to keep marona from dying so much?

Zoltor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: What to do..

Postby Zoltor » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:41 pm

versace wrote:Ive been using marona as a healer ( and more recently trying a bit of time magic for offense) and, untill recently, monsters have mostly ignored her. Now, however, she is like a prime target. im considering just giving her a mace or rock for the Def boost, but she wouldnt be quite as usefull then..does anyone have any ideas for what to do to keep marona from dying so much?

Marona sucks later on in general(She is so slow compared to Ash, and Valks, It's not funny). She usually doesn't even get a 2nd turn in random dungeons, because all the enemies will be killed off. On top of that, unlike in Disgaea, healing level up insanely slow in PB, the only exception is a special char you can get later on(as it can effectively use damage spells as well, bus sadly starts at lv 1, so you'll need to power level her alot to make the char useable).

Until then, you'll be better off just using a real healer(and Marona as a secondary healer/revive slave, but don't depend on her too much).

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 pm

I actually use Marona as a healer too. What I usually did to save her ass was have her bring a skull with her. I chucked it to the nearest monster and killed it with her and ran away. Usually then stuff left me alone- and it was great for EXP. (skulls reduce your HP to 1)

Also I remember I had her equipped with a loaf of bread. The bread had various healing and offensive skills while offering a ton of HP from what I remember.

She's pwning faces on the wii, but I can't remember for the life of me what I have her equipped with... I'll have to get back to you on that one sometime... (my remembering is from the PS2)
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

Dryicefox
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dryicefox » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 am

For Marona I used a tree and just stuck with that since it relies on her HP. Even in the Ps2 version, even now I still only use her because when I go dungeon-ing, especially for over 20 floors, she gets an epic EXP boost... I remember my level 4, 70 floored, and 0 tiered dungeon that massively smacked her EXP from 120 to 142. (from end level EXP only) Oh yeah, and I got an hourglass from it! After days of work... :x
Let's get Disgaea One for DLC on Disgaea Four!
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=741

Putties in the Netherworld? Oh boy!
D4 Version: http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=800
D5 Version: http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=1151

Return to “Phantom Brave”