MMORPG date?

Official Phantom Brave (PS2) and Phantom Brave: We Meet Again (Wii) Discussion Forum
Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

MMORPG date?

Postby Redhorse » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 am

I heard there was a MMORPG game coming out based on Phantom Brave. Does anyone know when it'll be out?
Also, how would a multiplayer version of PB work? It's gonna be free-to-play too, but does that mean all the good stuff is reserved for people who pay?

Weissritter
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: MMORPG date?

Postby Weissritter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Ah, that was announced at TGS last year.. it was supposed to be slated for a release late this year, but nothing has been seen or heard of it since, to my knowledge.

That leads me to believe it's not going as fast as planned, or maybe the plans didn't go through, no idea on the answer though. Shame, as I'd love to play it. I love Phantom Brave :D
I am the greatest Overlord in ALL the cosmos! I also double as the Oracle of the Disgaea JSTBG Squad :P

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Weissritter wrote:Ah, that was announced at TGS last year.. it was supposed to be slated for a release late this year, but nothing has been seen or heard of it since, to my knowledge.

That leads me to believe it's not going as fast as planned, or maybe the plans didn't go through, no idea on the answer though. Shame, as I'd love to play it. I love Phantom Brave :D

Aww. :(
I hope it still comes out; an MMO would be so very epic. :) I love PB too.

Weissritter
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Weissritter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, I really do hope its still in development and just being made under the radar or something for now. I mean, choosing Phantom Brave was a good one for an MMO, there's a lot of potential there.

Making your own Chroma to do jobs, maybe owning your own island and being able to customize it(maybe even an island for a clan or something? There are different Raven groups after all). That and if they kept the open ended concept of using almost anything as a weapon and being able to fuse skills onto characters and weapons would be really cool. There's just a LOT you can do with it.

I shall continue to hope this project is not dead and keep my eyes open for it.
I am the greatest Overlord in ALL the cosmos! I also double as the Oracle of the Disgaea JSTBG Squad :P

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:43 pm

I'll look out for it too. :)

Yeah, mabye you can like pick what clan you want and customize your character and stuff. Mabye you can explore islands and form parties and take jobs/quests... That'd be so cool. :D
I wonder how many people would play it though..Do many people even know about it?

LadyNeptune
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LadyNeptune » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

I didn't know about it. It sounds like it would be really cool, though. :)

I'll definitely play it if it ever comes out! :D
Random images are random.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm

... Honestly, I'd kind of like to see the gimmicks of Phantom Brave stay dead (ha ha!) with Phantom Brave, barring the ports.

Still, an N1 MMO is welcome to me, if as an experiment at least, so bring it on. I'll try anything once.

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Seventh wrote:... Honestly, I'd kind of like to see the gimmicks of Phantom Brave stay dead (ha ha!) with Phantom Brave, barring the ports.

Still, an N1 MMO is welcome to me, if as an experiment at least, so bring it on. I'll try anything once.

Hahaha. :)

If the PB one is a test and does well, it could mean more NIS MMOs. *imagines a Disgaea version*
Ah, so many possibilities... 8-)

Naska
Majin
Majin

Postby Naska » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:45 am

I dislike f2p MMORPG's... i prefer even chances for everyone.
If we do get a PB MMORPG i migth try it but i won't be exicted untill it is released. While i do trust NIS to create awesome single player games the MMO szene as of lately got a big lump of copie and paste s... hardly anything original and even if announced as something special in the end it was the same as game xy.
If you top this with a f2p game i migth aswell stop playing it after a short time.

However if, and thats atleast to be expected from this company, the game will be unique in various ways (and hopefully not a 194832984 third person 3d grafik only game), i gotta have to take a look.

Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Prinnish » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm calling vaporware. All we got last year was an image of the PB logo and the fact that it's an MMO. Until we get some solid facts, I say it's not happening.

...But, if there were an MMO, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. This coming from one who hasn't ever touched an MMO ever. :P

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:48 pm

yes, i would get it if it came out as well, unfortunately, i dont think nisamerica is the type to make mmorpgs out of their games... it could be fan made supported by nisa, but nisa themselves wouldnt make an mmo i dont think.... i could be wrong though...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:16 pm

When this was announced did N1 release any photos or footage because I see this as possible but only as a android app. The reason for that is because N1 is working on Netherworld Unbound, which is a free-to-play game with DLCs that you pay for. So if this is made, I predict a app form for it. Also did N1 say anything about what platform it might be released on? Would want to play.
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 pm

well, by MMORPG im automatically assuming its for pc, but they never really released any screenshots for it (none that im aware of anyways) i just came across it while looking at info for phantom brave. the only picture it had was the usual phantom brave piccture with most of the characters
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 pm

This would be a first for N1 on multiple ground and I must add I find it interesting to see N1 try something this far from the beaten path. I wonder if this will run like a browser game though, not that I have a problem with that though, some tend to be really good.
-first pc game (I believe)
-first mmorpg (disgaea 4 doesn't count)
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

UnknownWorld
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby UnknownWorld » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 am

To be honest its a risk worth taking but the problem is there are contenders like Runescape, World of warcraft, Maplestory and other nexon games, Browser MMO's (Not entirely popular but still...), Possibly Starcraft and Diablo. I hope they would do a great job with this because honestly it would be worth waiting for just the problem is, how is it gonna be played? :?:
I AM BOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Return to “Phantom Brave”