Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Postby Sultan Sigma » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 am

I have my copy waiting at work, yet I can't go pick it up until who knows when. I don't have a ride there, and my girlfriend doesn't get off until over 5 hours from now. I know I have other stuff to pass the time, just can't stop thinking about Ayesha.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 am

SakiChan wrote:I see...
And I know it doesn't mean much,but the 2nd Opening has the Names of the seiyuu still in it ,perhaps it also gives away a teeny tiny glimmer of hope for DLC vocies?

Haha, don't hold your breath. That could just be TK being lazy :?

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 am

My copy arrived today, but of course, I'll have to wait until my birthday to get it. And then end up playing other games instead.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 pm

I guess its a race between me and Sutton to see how can pop their copy in first, since I have mine on my person sealed and ready to go, but I'm at best buy right now making this post on a display lappy. I probably won't be home for another 2 hours or so by the looks of it.

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

I vowed not to get it but I still get it when I saw it in the store.
THIS IS SO MESSED UP :(
Spoiler:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Just started playing it :D . I actually think I like the new look compared to Kishida Mel's character designs. The cut-scenes will probably take some getting use to though seeing as how the voices are out of sync with the mouth movements and the mouths just keep moving as if they were in a infinite loop. Anyway though, not really much of anything worth complaining about. The VA's seem alright to say the least.

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:33 pm

will57 wrote:Just started playing it :D . I actually think I like the new look compared to Kishida Mel's character designs. The cut-scenes will probably take some getting use to though seeing as how the voices are out of sync with the mouth movements and the mouths just keep moving as if they were in a infinite loop. Anyway though, not really much of anything worth complaining about. The VA's seem alright to say the least.

How's the frame rate compare to Meruru? Is it smoother?
Meruru has horrible frame rate...

~I haven't opened mine because I might return it if the frame rate is shitty.
Spoiler:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:51 pm

The frame rate seems fine. Nothing to the extent of anything that I experienced in Meruru, although that's most likely because it just hasn't been that long. I didn't start experiencing frame rate issues with Meruru until my second playthrough, and even then it was only temporary. Although with cut-scenes being used for the majority of the game's story progression (excluding the few CG events) I would say it's likely to happen if there's too much going on at once or something like that. I certainly don't think it would be to any extent that it's unplayable, but then again I don't really have an eye for these types of things unless they are really terrible to the point where it's a nuisance.

If it's that important I would suggest just waiting for more opinions.

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 pm

will57 wrote:The frame rate seems fine. Nothing to the extent of anything that I experienced in Meruru, although that's most likely because it just hasn't been that long. I didn't start experiencing frame rate issues with Meruru until my second playthrough, and even then it was only temporary. Although with cut-scenes being used for the majority of the game's story progression (excluding the few CG events) I would say it's likely to happen if there's too much going on at once or something like that. I certainly don't think it would be to any extent that it's unplayable, but then again I don't really have an eye for these types of things unless they are really terrible to the point where it's a nuisance.

If it's that important I would suggest just waiting for more opinions.

How about this:
Bad frame rate = Infamous
Good frame rate = God of War

Which one is it from the two that you experienced in Ayesha?

I had experienced frame rate issue in Meruru from the castle to the first field dungeon. I decided to stop playing the game. I don't understand why the frame rate is so bad in Meruru while it's buttermilk smooth in Rorona.
Spoiler:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:10 pm

I would say that this game's frame rate is good. Haven't even come across anything yet. There is a really odd pause in between jumping and landing though, but it's not even a frame rate issue, it's just that for some reason there's a slight pause/dragging feet movement after landing, compared to Totori and Meruru where you would just keep going naturally. Once again, not really anything worth complaining about, but it's something that's noticeable.

Also, have you ever had your resolution on your PS3 set to 1080? I doubt that setting it to 720 would fix anything, but it did work for a few people while playing Mugen Souls (which had a significantly bad frame rate for quite a few).

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:14 pm

will57 wrote:I would say that this game's frame rate is good. Haven't even come across anything yet. There is a really odd pause in between jumping and landing though, but it's not even a frame rate issue, it's just that for some reason there's a slight pause/dragging feet movement after landing, compared to Totori and Meruru where you would just keep going naturally. Once again, not really anything worth complaining about, but it's something that's noticeable.

Okay, thanks for your input. I will wait for more inputs from Ayesha thread in general chat.
Spoiler:

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Just a tad bit disappointed that I wasn't the first to start up Ayesha, but whatevs. General movement feels good and the character models look gorgeous (about 2 times better than Meruru). The music is where its at really, its either absolutely lovely or straight aces awesome. I'm liking the voice acting more than Meruru already, but some spots in dialog are hit or miss which is fine since its just beginning of the game, but hey the thing where Ayesha speaks during synthesis is retained and is nice to hear (something NISA themselves might have skimpped out on). More later with a photo or 2 perhaps.

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Sultan Sigma » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Great news on the game dude. Was there an install required or was it playable at the start?

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:08 pm

suttonmitchell wrote:Great news on the game dude. Was there an install required or was it playable at the start?

It requires an PS3 firmware update that's on the game disc which takes about 5 or so minutes and then it installs the game which is another 5 or so minutes. Kind of a bummer, but its utterly worth it.

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Sultan Sigma » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:10 pm

So only like ten minutes? That is great. I was expecting longer when it said 1600 mb (I think)HD space required on the box.

Return to “Atelier Series”